DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Next China will deploy irbm and icbm artillary lol

350 km will give plenty of time for AD's to detect and intercept as long as you have cheap AD's to employ....heck even himars and grads are being intercepted in Ukraine now
Well we don't really have dedicated CRAM SAM like iron dome. And guided arty rockets are going to be cheaper than any SAM. Basically dominance through numbers, you can mitigate but you cannot in now way avoid. It's china we are talking about not some ragged country like Pak. Best way to counter is through counter precision strikes using similiar systems, which again we don't have, practically we are kind of naked against such cheap long range guided rockets.

omaebakabaka

Well we don't really have dedicated CRAM SAM like iron dome. And guided arty rockets are going to be cheaper than any SAM. Basically dominance through numbers, you can mitigate but you cannot in now way avoid. It's china we are talking about not some ragged country like Pak. Best way to counter is through counter precision strikes using similiar systems, which again we don't have, practically we are kind of naked against such cheap long range guided rockets.
All the more reason to have cheap shorads locally developed, these are ballistic and can easily be detected and shot down for the most part. As long as we cover vital points of bases/troop and equipment deployments these are not hard to deploy. Ofcourse purely defence posture is extremely costly to men and material, we need to have strike first and hard and demoralize the enemy attitude first. At some point longer range MLRS becomes a volley of missiles, but once they make advances into our territory, being mobile these ranges will threaten major centers deep in heartland.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
can someone please provide me a proper update on these engine-powerplant projects ? i mean i am not able to find much news or twitter level updates on them

Hindustan Turboshaft Engine-1200
Hindustan Turbofan Engine-25 (also rumoured Hindustan Turbofan Engine-40)
1500 horsepower Powerplant for Arjun and upcoming tanks
and of course, GTRE Kaveri
and/or much hyped 110 kN engine for upcoming jet fighter programs

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
can someone please provide me a proper update on these engine-powerplant projects ? i mean i am not able to find much news or twitter level updates on them

Hindustan Turboshaft Engine-1200
Hindustan Turbofan Engine-25 (also rumoured Hindustan Turbofan Engine-40)
1500 horsepower Powerplant for Arjun and upcoming tanks
and of course, GTRE Kaveri
and/or much hyped 110 kN engine for upcoming jet fighter programs
1661533109996.png

From HAL Annual Report.
AnnualReport_2022.pdf (hal-india.co.in)

For Arjun Engine - Don't have any news.

Kaveri engine - No news

110 KN - Hype Hype Hype

Aniruddha Mulay

Anybody here to call bullshit on this like the same enigmantic 120km pinaka variant
🤡 which has been in development like forever. Or someone has a source. Anyway, hell no you are going to make a 214mm rocket fly 250km.
DRDO already has Pranash in this category, a 370mm calibre TBM, I see zero sense in building another rocket artillery system in that category.
Also, that 120km Pinaka variant will be a 300mm calibre rocket.
For 250km, it must be 370mm calibre.

ShukantC

Country flag
Was watching a defense decode video on YouTube when came across the office setup of the new director of DRDO Dr. Samir V Kamat and saw these 2 interesting sub models, the left one looks like an SSBN and the right orange one looks like an attack sub. Can anyone throw any light on them????

I also see that the Veda model has been removed form the cabinet under Modi's pic

interesting models.PNG

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
DRDO already has Pranash in this category, a 370mm calibre TBM, I see zero sense in building another rocket artillery system in that category.
Also, that 120km Pinaka variant will be a 300mm calibre rocket.
For 250km, it must be 370mm calibre.
There is a difference between a TBM to be used as artillery and an appropriate artillery system. Higher your rate of fire is and more rockets you can launch in a short period of time is better.

Srinie

Country flag

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Even though this from Wire and by Rahul Bedi of all people agree with this piece penchant for marvel comics level GSQRs has doomed Army purchases
Indian army has been unable to choose a AD gun for like 30 yrs, so yeah very ProFfeSIonal Army, phele jaake GSQR bnana seekh le ye log phir kahi aana, this level of incompetency never cease to amaze me
Just where do these guys hire people from who are not even able to make realistic gsqr, Gernail kya star wars movie dekh ke aate h kya

fooLIam

Indian army has been unable to choose a AD gun for like 30 yrs, so yeah very ProFfeSIonal Army, phele jaake GSQR bnana seekh le ye log phir kahi aana, this level of incompetency never cease to amaze me
Just where do these guys hire people from who are not even able to make realistic gsqr, Gernail kya star wars movie dekh ke aate h kya
When you will meet any upsc wala be it army ,railway,irs,administration , you will simply bury your head in sand and will stop taking any headache ,that’s how incompetent and unapethetic they are. It’s not their fault either,it is prevalent political setups in our country that our institutions have become like this.

Articles