DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aniruddha Mulay

Chinmoy

Country flag
Reliance ammunition limited is non existent on the net .
Could not find anything about them
Reliance Ammunition Limited Details
CINU75302MH2017PLC302290
StatusNot available for efiling
Company CategoryCompany Limited by Shares
Company Sub-categoryIndian Non-Government Company
Company ClassPublic
Business ActivityCommunity, personal & Social Services
Authorized Capital5.0 lakhs
Paid-up Capital5.0 lakhs
Paid-up Capital %100.0
Registrar Office CityMumbai
Registered StateMaharashtra
Registration Date29 Nov, 2017

https://www.rinfra.com/defence

Tuco

Country flag
Reliance Ammunition Limited Details
CINU75302MH2017PLC302290
StatusNot available for efiling
Company CategoryCompany Limited by Shares
Company Sub-categoryIndian Non-Government Company
Company ClassPublic
Business ActivityCommunity, personal & Social Services
Authorized Capital5.0 lakhs
Paid-up Capital5.0 lakhs
Paid-up Capital %100.0
Registrar Office CityMumbai
Registered StateMaharashtra
Registration Date29 Nov, 2017

https://www.rinfra.com/defence
Community, personal and social?

ShukantC

Country flag
This all is ok, but I want to see the chassis on which DRDO and L&T are making there light tank on.

For the purpose of commonality and ease of maintenance the light tank chassis should form the basis of the FICV. Basically the light tank chassis with different turrets something like what BAE systems have done with the CV90 platform and hopefully those same turrets can also be used on the IPMV (TATA Whap).

Another hope is the FRCV being developed also share some common parts with these 2 systems.This will lead to a true sense of commonality and ease of maintenance among the army's fighting vehicles.

radion

Country flag
So I was sceptical of Drdo FICV 2.75m width as it just looks so thin and well my concerns were somewhat right. All modern as well as just recent ifv from bmp2 era have width ranging from 3.1m to 3.6m, and drdo FICV has considerable less width than even bmp2s 3.2m, infact the lowest compared to any modern ifv, now I am genuinely concerned about the internal seating sufficient space and IA might object to that afterall what good a FICV is if it can't even have good troops seating. You know Indi weapons have to go extra step.
Otoh, the best thing imo is drdo turret inspired from Russia Epoch turret, infact the gun on drdo turret is 2a42 30mm gun. The combat module seems rock solid. Even if the platform may not be to liking but the combat module can indeed be put on other Indi ifv hulls by tatas, l&t etc.
Where did you get the 2.75 m thing?
From the bottom left?

20220601_193728.jpg

That's the space between the tracks.
Shouldn't the actual width be the top right 3.2m??
Also does anybody know the weight of this machine so I can compare it to foreign products of similar wt class.

Two more things I noticed is the atgm's are censored for some reason in these paper drawings,also it's drdo designed as said in bottom right.

radion

Country flag
image_1654161220.263.png

From this we get,
Length = 7.5 m
Breadth : 3.2 m
Height: 2.84 m(2160 hull height + 680 turret height from hull armour top to turret roof top)

Now,there is a contradiction between the images that i found in the total height (from ground to the top of rcws).
As you can see in complete left in the above image the total height seems to be 3340 including the rcws but
If we calculate it individually using the below image it comes to ,2160(hull height ) + 1351(turret height including rcws) = 3511.
3340 vs 3511..can someone clarify this for me???

Anyways,if I were to compare the specs on this paper with the wikipedia specs of tracked ifv in service with foreign nations then,
Length wise: FICV(7.5m)>Lynx kf 31(7 22m)>ZBD04==Kurganets-25(7.2m)>BMP-3(7.14m)>K21(6.9m)

Breadth wise:Lynx Kf 31(3.6m)>K21(3.4m)> FICV == ZBD 04 == Kurganets-25== BMP-3(3.2m)

Height wise: Lynx KF-31(3.3m)>FICV(2.84m)>K21(2.6m) > ZBD-04==Kurganets-25(2.5m) > BMP-3(2.4m)

All of the IFVs above have <=850hp.Only the german puma beats them all with an engine of 1000hp.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
View attachment 158467

From this we get,
Length = 7.5 m
Breadth : 3.2 m
Height: 2.84 m(2160 hull height + 680 turret height from hull armour top to turret roof top)

Now,there is a contradiction between the images that i found in the total height (from ground to the top of rcws).
As you can see in complete left in the above image the total height seems to be 3340 including the rcws but
If we calculate it individually using the below image it comes to ,2160(hull height ) + 1351(turret height including rcws) = 3511.
3340 vs 3511..can someone clarify this for me???

Anyways,if I were to compare the specs on this paper with the wikipedia specs of tracked ifv in service with foreign nations then,
Length wise: FICV(7.5m)>Lynx kf 31(7 22m)>ZBD04==Kurganets-25(7.2m)>BMP-3(7.14m)>K21(6.9m)

Breadth wise:Lynx Kf 31(3.6m)>K21(3.4m)> FICV == ZBD 04 == Kurganets-25== BMP-3(3.2m)

Height wise: Lynx KF-31(3.3m)>FICV(2.84m)>K21(2.6m) > ZBD-04==Kurganets-25(2.5m) > BMP-3(2.4m)

All of the IFVs above have <=850hp.Only the german puma beats them all with an engine of 1000hp.
I got the exact document containing all dimensions and other data. Though it's written restricted there but is openly available on net, smh. If interested, visit defproc.ac.in
It's a pretty good FICV if all things are taken to account. Few things still remain unanswered like about ERA, airburst ammo for gun, man in loop capability in Nag mk2 and according to Indranil it's dimensions are 130mm diameter which in essence would be manportable missile and we would have a new man portable atgm in addition to the 120mm mpatgm. Also Nag mk2 would likely have higher ranges like >4km. So here is an interesting point, each ifv would have 4 atgm in tubes plus 2 atgms in stowage and a man portable launcher in each ifv, so yeah that's a lot of power with each infantry section.
Also notice that in turret section, it asks for integration of the same unmanned turret in qty-2 to wheeled platform, likely WHAP/KESTREL.

ONLY thing now is that some time in future like after x years, IA doesn't do its usual drama.

radion

Country flag
I got the exact document containing all dimensions and other data. Though it's written restricted there but is openly available on net, smh. If interested, visit defproc.ac.in
It's a pretty good FICV if all things are taken to account. Few things still remain unanswered like about ERA, airburst ammo for gun, man in loop capability in Nag mk2 and according to Indranil it's dimensions are 130mm diameter which in essence would be manportable missile and we would have a new man portable atgm in addition to the 120mm mpatgm. Also Nag mk2 would likely have higher ranges like >4km. So here is an interesting point, each ifv would have 4 atgm in tubes plus 2 atgms in stowage and a man portable launcher in each ifv, so yeah that's a lot of power with each infantry section.
Also notice that in turret section, it asks for integration of the same unmanned turret in qty-2 to wheeled platform, likely WHAP/KESTREL.

ONLY thing now is that some time in future like after x years, IA doesn't do its usual drama.
First time using that site so I'm confused.What should i search for the tender?

radion

Country flag
Just search armoured
Tysm.
I just read the tender. 2.75m is the width of the turret.
And the hull seems to have a width of 3.4m though it's marked 3.2 in the drawing.
P/w ratio is >=25.
First proto roll out is 1.5 yrs after contract signing.It will take another 10 months for the second proto roll out and associated testing.

Also,yeah they want to test the turret on vrde wheeled platforms.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Tysm.
I just read the tender. 2.75m is the width of the turret.
And the hull seems to have a width of 3.4m though it's marked 3.2 in the drawing.
P/w ratio is >=25.
First proto roll out is 1.5 yrs after contract signing.It will take another 10 months for the second proto roll out and associated testing.

Also,yeah they want to test the turret on vrde wheeled platforms.
I am pretty sure that hull is going to be a tad bit different than that shown in tender and the drawing may just be a rough placeholder reference image, in this case abhay ifv hull, which in any pic available on internet fits the dimensions in tender.
The best thing is we will have unmanned turret, new atgms, aps, all sensors, aps, loitering munition, mini surveillance drone, rcws and other tech learning would be a applied in other land platforms projects making stuff easier to develop. Offshoots of this project would be very helpful for other projects immensely.

ANYBODY WHO CAN VERIFY THINGS ABOUT LIGHT TANK WOULD BE GREAT.
Now if only we can get a correct info on the DRDO light tank with good backing, only reliable thing to know from drdo chief interview with buisnessworld is that it would have 1000hp and would be able to fire multiple ammo. A good 30hp/tonne considered good for mountain terrain would give the weight of tank at 33 tons, so light tank would be clearly 30+tons in any context as per current info, inline with similiar type15 but different from rfi, but drdo light tank is in development, why contradictions??
Next verifiable news are from alphadefense tweets of various tenders for subsytems of light tank.
Nowhere has there been said that main gun would be either 105mm or 120mm. 120mm gun would be easier if a lower recoil gun can be developed as ammo is already available. 105mm would require developing both gun and ammo. Autoloader in both cases would be a new thing for Drdo. And 120mm based gun with autoloader would directly feed into Arjun based UGV with main cannon and autoloader.
Things are still not clear about the weight issue though.
I believe drdo light tank is going to be a complete new design and nowhere does any official remark said that it would be some stupid baby of K9 and cockerill turret, anyway how does K9 hull does even figure out for a light tank!