DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I think IAF should come out from this bizzare excuse and accept the mistake.

There is/was never such disparity between Pak AIM120 and R-77 range. BVR fights has never been portrait as being portrayed by DFIs.

10-15 km difference in range is nothing for BVR. It doesn't make any difference. Until jets in MAR zone.

Carrom board warriors for a reason.
what mistake that they did not counter fired.....quite possible that clearance to fire was not received... AIM excuse seems like a bogie to get more money...
Again with this? :hail:

There are several reasons due to why the SU-30 MKI didn't fire it's missiles on 27th February in retaliation to PAF F-16's AIM-120 :

1. The SU-30 MKI Were at a low altitude during that time and if you know one thing about BVRs with regards to Altitude than in BVRs, lower the Altitude means less range, higher the Altitude means more range. PAF F-16s that day were at higher altitude and thus Could exploit the Complete range of AIM-120 AMRAAM. SU-30 MKI on the other hand were at lower Altitude and thus Could not have got enough Range even if they fired the R-77s. It was no point of firing a missile like R-77 which already has less range than AIM-120C5 and that too at low altitude as I said clearly. If AIM-120C5 failed to hit SU-30MKI, than do you think that an Inferior R-77 would do anything?

2. Also SU-30s were on the Defensive posture. Our MKI'S dodged all AIM-120C5s Fired by PAF F-16s.

3. By the way this is same reason on why PAF F-16s didn't fire AMRAAMs at Indian Airforce planes (Mirage 2000) the previous day on 26th February. It is because the F-16s were at a low altitude and hence could not get a proper Firing solution.

Now please stop this debate.

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
piss on me if u want to but the thing looks like a tin can
We need our FICV to be amphibious due to canal networks and soft soil.Therefore lightweight is only way to go.It will have APS on it so should be fine.Will be protected from small arms fire.Overall like the design.

FireStar

Country flag
FICV Design is Reportedly out. FICV stands for Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle.

Source : Black Adder on twitter.

View attachment 158409View attachment 158410

View attachment 158411View attachment 158412

Personal opinion : Looks to be promising, finally an Indigenous design.
I have a question here? does it have active protection system. Ukraine war must have brought out the need to have an APS even for infantry combat vehicle. if not then i don't think its a FICV

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Bourrelet round is not a BB round.

It is basically a round to enhance the self life of the gun barrel.
Reliance ammunition limited is non existent on the net .
Could not find anything about them

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
And why do we paint our artillery shells yellow unlike green which most other countries do ?

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
-PLI is basically Indian tax payer partially compensating manufacturing cost in limited industries for a limited number of years.
-currently PLI is being given to industries that are dependant on China to a large extent.
-PLI is defence industry works only in the case of exports, makes little sense of domestic procurement
-PLI is given for a limited industries for a limited period where annual sales are guaranteed, in defence sales are not consistent every year.
-defence industry bodies have not asked for PLI as far as i know.
-lastly comes the ethical question of why should Indian tax payer pay for weapons sold in other countries(presuming PLI applies only for exports).
China does the same thing subsidizes export making industries by letting companies sell their product below the market price bearing loss until they have monopoly of that market during that time chinese government compensates the industries and pay them bonuses for their export amount.

abingdonboy

Country flag
What is the need for such dedicated defense satellite launcher?....cant isro handle such tasks?...makes me wonder if there's more to than meets the eye
In the war time, your enemy will knock out your military satellites at the beginning. So, the armed forces will have to rebuild the satellite network within shortest time, like hours. The civilian rockets generally require minimum 7 days to get ready.
There’s a reason why ISRO and DRDO’s Rocket/missile projects have been fire walled from each other from that start. You can’t have a civilian space agency engaging in military projects- this would put it at risk of sanctions (yea they have been sanctioned for other reasons in the past) and likely stop them getting access to certain corporation from space agencies in the West

there’s a reason why USAF has the X37B and not NASA

abingdonboy

Country flag
'Tech Transfer Will Be The Key To India's Defence Market'
FFS, still stuck in this mindset? How can strategic experts actually believe that ANYONE will sell you their Crown Jewels (TOT/IP)??

I’m actually dismayed that this is still the freaking conversation, after 8+ years of Modi govt, Galwan, Covid, Ukrainian war etc the discussion should firmly be how can india become 100% self reliant in defence within the next 8 years.Self reliance is not licence assembly and it isn’t going to happen by funnelling 100s of billions to foreign OEMs

is nothing getting into these guys’ heads? It’s the same nonsense that was being spouted 30 freaking years ago

abingdonboy

Country flag
So it has taken 2 years from "AoN" to actually signing a deal for an urgently needed indigenous weapon system 🤷‍♀️.
2 years is not bad by Indian MoD standards

i can think of at least half a dozen AONs issued In 2015-16 that have not translated into anything to this day

still trying to figure out wtf happened to NAMICA that went to final final trails 3+ years ago now and was given DAC approval

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
So I was sceptical of Drdo FICV 2.75m width as it just looks so thin and well my concerns were somewhat right. All modern as well as just recent ifv from bmp2 era have width ranging from 3.1m to 3.6m, and drdo FICV has considerable less width than even bmp2s 3.2m, infact the lowest compared to any modern ifv, now I am genuinely concerned about the internal seating sufficient space and IA might object to that afterall what good a FICV is if it can't even have good troops seating. You know Indi weapons have to go extra step.
Otoh, the best thing imo is drdo turret inspired from Russia Epoch turret, infact the gun on drdo turret is 2a42 30mm gun. The combat module seems rock solid. Even if the platform may not be to liking but the combat module can indeed be put on other Indi ifv hulls by tatas, l&t etc.