DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Recently AWEIL has launched rfi for drone launched munitions but isn't that very shameful of them, these guys are literally floating rfi so that they can screw assemble others designed products, isn't it their job too. At this point I am damn sure that these guys don't even have an ounce of shame left in them. Nothing of self R&D capability is heard by them?? I guess OFB is good only for screw driving.
DRDO should seriously stop serving everything readymade on platter to any org whether it's dpsu or private cos if they don't innovate anything of their own.
???? AWEIL launched RFI for drone launched ammo?

Where is the RFI?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Recently AWEIL has launched rfi for drone launched munitions but isn't that very shameful of them, these guys are literally floating rfi so that they can screw assemble others designed products, isn't it their job too. At this point I am damn sure that these guys don't even have an ounce of shame left in them. Nothing of self R&D capability is heard by them?? I guess OFB is good only for screw driving.
DRDO should seriously stop serving everything readymade on platter to any org whether it's dpsu or private cos if they don't innovate anything of their own.
OFB was/is a production agency, R&D is not their core expertise. it's better not to expect from them to innovate, else we get abominations like this.

1652096464407.png

Photon

Country flag
1652105764012.png

TASL displayed its ‘Emergency Mobile Response Vehicle’ on Tata SA1212 4x4 vehicle at 48th All India Police Science Congress Tech Expo, Bhopal. It’s a Tactical Communication Vehicle fitted with modern communication and surveillance equipment designed for Police & Paramilitary

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
OFB was/is a production agency, R&D is not their core expertise. it's better not to expect from them to innovate, else we get abominations like this.

View attachment 154894
Although it looks shit
But won't it work with a good eo sensor or radar or something
I hope it will do the job
I hope
But anyway someone knows the designer of this masterpiece he/she deserves a salute for the creativity

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Although it looks shit
But won't it work with a good eo sensor or radar or something
I hope it will do the job
I hope
But anyway someone knows the designer of this masterpiece he/she deserves a salute for the creativity
ig this will be heavier than its competition.

and it does not support smart ammo

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
But look at the bright side, we are getting the know why in addition to the know how. I do not think China has reached the know why stage yet.
Unfortunately, you are not getting much of the know how if your engineers and workers only work on the assembling.
Regarding Know why, I am afraid that Chinese at least knows much more than their Indian counterpart. Just looking at their aerodynamic design development from J-7 to J-20, you can clearly see their progressing on the know why.

Chinmoy

Country flag
View attachment 154920
TASL displayed its ‘Emergency Mobile Response Vehicle’ on Tata SA1212 4x4 vehicle at 48th All India Police Science Congress Tech Expo, Bhopal. It’s a Tactical Communication Vehicle fitted with modern communication and surveillance equipment designed for Police & Paramilitary
Need to work on ground clearance thou.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Basically looking for a foreign partner to do screwdrivergiri.....
Timeline is for 30 weeks. Which foreign OEM would form a JV and submit its product within this timeframe?

Moreover its under Make-1 category. Last year EoI was issued under Make-II category which didn't fructify. So if you want to do screwdriver-giri, Make-II category is best option rather then Make-I.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Timeline is for 30 weeks. Which foreign OEM would form a JV and submit its product within this timeframe?

Moreover its under Make-1 category. Last year EoI was issued under Make-II category which didn't fructify. So if you want to do screwdriver-giri, Make-II category is best option rather then Make-I.
Ok, so which options do you see for this thing. I understand that EoI has been released by MIL, right? According to you, if not a foreign product, then who has the capability in India to adhere to this. Now understandably EoI is for development, that means it's not a Drdo designed one. I would bet on Moon that MIL ha no capability to design such a complex projectile.
And no foreign company would just sell their priced Pgm designs.
This leaves only 2 options- either a Drdo developed Pgm but then why would MIL release EoI for this, there should have been some information for it floated to all indian companies by drdo for its manufacturing.
To me a screwdrivergiri is the option i see.

I don't understand why MIL is launching something under make-1 anyway? I thought only gov./MOD has the authority to assign certain projects as Make-1? Or is it just saying that 80% of the cost for development of Pgm would be borne by MIL?
So, how do you see this project come to fruition?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Ok, so which options do you see for this thing. I understand that EoI has been released by MIL, right? According to you, if not a foreign product, then who has the capability in India to adhere to this. Now understandably EoI is for development, that means it's not a Drdo designed one. I would bet on Moon that MIL ha no capability to design such a complex projectile.
And no foreign company would just sell their priced Pgm designs.
This leaves only 2 options- either a Drdo developed Pgm but then why would MIL release EoI for this, there should have been some information for it floated to all indian companies by drdo for its manufacturing.
To me a screwdrivergiri is the option i see.

I don't understand why MIL is launching something under make-1 anyway? I thought only gov./MOD has the authority to assign certain projects as Make-1? Or is it just saying that 80% of the cost for development of Pgm would be borne by MIL?
So, how do you see this project come to fruition?
First of all, lets make the thing correct. EOI is always issued by customer, not developer. Developer could only issue EOI for subcomponent. So, in this case, MIL has responded to the EOI by MoD.

This EOI is for a guided shell, not just the kit. Now back in 2016 itself, erstwhile OFB associated with DRDO to make a PGK for 155 mm arty shell. Now the kit which has been developed by DRDO is known as course correction fuse.

http://tdf.drdo.gov.in/project/development-course-correction-fuze-artillery

Now being a production agency, MIL would manufacture the whole shell which would undergo tests and then induction. MIL has not said anywhere that they are going to make guidance kit. They have responded to the EOI to manufacture a guided shell which is there domain.

Articles