DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Earlier near 100 , now 130km right??
Rumour is that Azerbaijan used Barak missile to intercept Armenian Iskander. Now if we consider its range to be 500 km, and interception happened during descent phase, then the interception range would be anywhere between 100 to 150 km max.

Range of missile is always more then its interception range.

vishnugupt

Country flag
hence my original point that, there needs to be dedicated set of academic researchers to track these things.
If you take little pain to check then you will find out these committee formed under competent and academic personel including IITans. If you take further pain then you will find out these committee do point out shared responsibilities of all. Moreover there is parliamentary panel and they are free to take advice from any academic.

Don't confuse these committee with UN armed forces investigations committee with zero results.

Government committees are powerful tool they employ all kind of methods and man power... Sometimes they don't disclose full report due to secrecy. Based on their findings government formulate policies for larger purpose.

For now, MoD is hammering UN armed forces by reforms, Negative import lists and cancellation of deals... So government know where is the problem according to their data.

If your "academic" means Harvard like propaganda then nothing can help you.

johnj

Rumour is that Azerbaijan used Barak missile to intercept Armenian Iskander. Now if we consider its range to be 500 km, and interception happened during descent phase, then the interception range would be anywhere between 100 to 150 km max.

Range of missile is always more then its interception range.
1. Rumour, not accurate.
2. MCTR
3. Don't know which barak interceptor[sr.mr.lr].
Barak 8 having range excess of 50 km, from iai site 70km for barak8 and barak mr, some sources said range increased to 100 km for barak 8.
What is the speed of barak 8 ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If you take little pain to check then you will find out these committee formed under competent and academic personel including IITans. If you take further pain then you will find out these committee do point out shared responsibilities of all. Moreover there is parliamentary panel and they are free to take advice from any academic.

Don't confuse these committee with UN armed forces investigations committee with zero results.

Government committees are powerful tool they employ all kind of methods and man power... Sometimes they don't disclose full report due to secrecy. Based on their findings government formulate policies for larger purpose.

For now, MoD is hammering UN armed forces by reforms, Negative import lists and cancellation of deals... So government know where is the problem according to their data.

If your "academic" means Harvard like propaganda then nothing can help you.
Let me get this straight, your point of contention with my point of view is regarding "academic researchers"?

stick to points i have explicitly mentioned through out this conversation, don't presume intentions which have not been mentioned by me.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles