DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
The Cryogenic Engine (CE)-20 develops a nominal thrust of 186.36 kN with a specific impulse of 442 seconds in vacuum. The engine operates on gas generator cycle using LOX / LH2 propellants combination. The major subsystems of the engine are thrust chamber, gas generator, LOX and LH2 turbo pumps, igniters, thrust & mixture ratio control systems, Start-up system, control components and pyro valves.

High Altitude Test facility, ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC), Mahendragiri

View attachment 146455
ce20_engine_interfaced_with_hat_facility.jpg

View from the other side.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What exactly lsp is for , will these missile be deployed for feedback from forces on manufacturing quality and any modifications or something else ?
These missiles would be used in exercise and wargames. Based on the result a deployment strategy would be formed around this with numbers of different combinations and permutations.
Only after that a specific order would be put forward.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
VRDE is basically making a wheeled variant of BMP.
Sorry, but my brain can't handle this logic.
What is Whap is then, i hope it's not my imagination. You already have Whap right which cleared all trials, so what are you talking about.
This could be a variant of current Whap with some design changes like conventional sitting design in troop compartment instead of bmp2 style sitting arrangement. Maybe a mortar carrier version.
And isn't current Whap already more or less wheeled bmp2 with bmp2 turret.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
What is Whap is then, i hope it's not my imagination. You already have Whap right which cleared all trials, so what are you talking about.
This could be a variant of current Whap with some design changes like conventional sitting design in troop compartment instead of bmp2 style sitting arrangement. Maybe a mortar carrier version.
he might meant by role and armament maybe

Chinmoy

Country flag
WhAP cleared all trials as per whom?
ATAGS also cleared all trials last year and only now they have reported misfiring in last year trial.

WhAP is a modular design and improvement over BMP. So a mortar carrier version was always on card. No need to go for a new design. But yes, a NAG carrier would be interesting keeping in mind its high altitude trials. One change which IA could ask in all possibility is a 6 wheeled variant.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
WhAP cleared all trials as per whom?
ATAGS also cleared all trials last year and only now they have reported misfiring in last year trial.

WhAP is a modular design and improvement over BMP. So a mortar carrier version was always on card. No need to go for a new design. But yes, a NAG carrier would be interesting keeping in mind its high altitude trials. One change which IA could ask in all possibility is a 6 wheeled variant.
1) what's difference between whap and Kestrel
2)what's the status of it I heard it has completed all it's trails