DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

HitmanBlood

Country flag
That's what I want to say our enemies our bureaucrats our politicians have made us stuck in a chakravyu jahan hum yaha dhyan nahi de sakte nahi waha
In coming years even Navy will come to Army and airforce stage where shortage of vessels helis aircrafts will be visible
We can't divert our attention anywhere each and every sector giving us huge problems
Slowly our funds diversion will get messed up causing a total chaos and making us vulnerable and time is passing quick and our working output is on constant decrease
We can't just blame bureaucrats and politicians alone. Military leadership also deserves equal blame. How many products rejected for stupid reasons? How many requirements changed midway? How many trials are prolonged?

Military leadership has to come down on earth and make strategy based on what is available. Eg. IAF is crying about squadron strength but they are not willing to order more Tejas. They want to fill their squadron strength from foreign fighter only. They will happily fly Mig 21 but not tejas. Same with army. Look what they are doing to Arjun.

Until Indian military stops obsession over shiny foreign equipment and put unreasonable demands for local vendors this problem will remain. This mindset that we need only best of the best equipment to fight must go.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just tell me... Yes/No,
Can UN armed forces fight a war as Russia is fighting where absolutely nobody helping them ?? As UN Generals claim rhetorically "Prepared for any eventuality".
1999. 3 May to 26 July (3 months 23 days)

Suppose if We have to fight a war for months (4-5 months) against a competent enemy... Then according to your "Top Car in Circuit theory" we have 123 Tejas jets and 123 Rafale with limited parts ( Never know which country refuse to help).....then which Jet is going to be most effective and useful???
Rafale.....

India would have been declared war against China on the day when our 20 soldiers killed on LAC. (Imagine If 20 soldiers have been killed by Pakistan at border) so tell us what stoped us?
Year 2020.

24 soldiers killed in LOC. I don't remember India declaring war on Pakistan.

India with over 50-60 Billions of dollar of budget for decades can't retaliate on border skirmish. This alone say lot about hollow bravado of UN Generals.

This is not only me or any other fanboy here but PM, President of India, MoD everyone is on same opinion.... Buy local
Tell me one instance when Army, Airforce or Navy said that they can't go into war when been asked so. If you have had some wet dream like that, it can't be helped.

Now MoD and GOI is promoting local, but they have also increased the emergency purchase power of forces to deal with depleting strength. All of this has been done because they are not some stupid fanboy who is dreaming that self-reliance comes with a snap of finger. They are thinking logically and know that it would take atleast a decade or two for us to attain the industrial & educational maturity level to attain the goal.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Your logic is as wierd as UN Generals.

Imagine you have 1 Heron with 48hr endurance and I have 3 Rustom with 18 hr endurance...

Scenario 1:-
Suppose I shot down your 1 Heron then you have to run Israel for begging. Otherwise I will dominate your sky ..

Suppose you shot my 2 rustom then I still have 1 which continue to deploy and ask HAL to manufacture 3 more .
That's why IA didn't ordered 1 Heron nor is going to order 3 Rustom.

Scenario 2:-

Imagine there are 5 war theatres with intense fighting going on....

You will dominate in 1 theatre while I will dominate on 3.. I will have more flexibility in deployment than you at any given point of time.

You Quality obsession might be helpful in small skirmish but disastrous in war scenario for sure....
So you mean when you have a 2 war scenario, where one theatre is North and other is in west, you are going to deploy 1 of your 3 drone in west and other two in North?

Wow..... You are on another level.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Indian Army wants everything in 27 tonne tank . :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Basically what IA want from ILT is same as what they asked for in Arjun.

Positives of the RFI is that they are not binding the fire power. Minimum what they asked for is 105 mm. Logical enough. Electronics they have asked for is already in use in Arjun.

The only problem would be with the armour they are asking for. But I believe if production partners have agreed to it, then ok. L&T had attended the RFI meet, now lets see what they offer.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
The demand of 600m passive armour frontal protection (vs K.E rounds) is absurd IMHO for an armoured vehicle with just 25 tonne weight class. Even T-72 would struggle with that despite weighing 42 tonne+. Even to expect anything beyong 30mm AFPDS round frontal protection for a 25 tonne weight class vehicle is non-sensical.

Not to mention, the demand of ERA and active protection system without increasing the weight class.

IMHO, the RFI is just meant to kill the indegeneous DRDO-L&T light tank project, so that IA can have more imports.

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
The demand of 600m passive armour frontal protection (vs K.E rounds) is absurd IMHO for an armoured vehicle with just 25 tonne weight class. Even T-72 would struggle with that despite weighing 42 tonne+. Even to expect anything beyong 30mm AFPDS round frontal protection for a 25 tonne weight class vehicle is non-sensical.

Not to mention, the demand of ERA and active protection system without increasing the weight class.

IMHO, the RFI is just meant to kill the indegeneous DRDO-L&T light tank project, so that IA can have more imports.
How will Army's 25 ton light tank fair against 35 ton Type 15 tank?