DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What if i tell you Akash-NG has a range of 40 Km, not 90.
I would say Akash-NG has range of 70 km and not 90 km and definitely not 40 km.

The new Akash system can defend an area of at least 10 times better compared to any short range SAM and is capable of engaging up to 10 targets simultaneously. The earlier variant has a maximum range of 30 km, while Akash-NG can strike targets up to 70 km.

35km-40 km is the expected range of Akash Prime missile.

Chinmoy

Country flag
If this was drone or helicopter (something that our domestic industry has not much experience of building), then I understand, but our automotive industry is already pretty adept at making heavy vehicles, they should have been able to make this no ?
Absolutely. But did they?

They would just wait for a tender to come out and would form a JV with foreign OEM in first instance. Just look at the engine scenario of our automotive sector.

Chinmoy

Country flag
in a recent post budget interaction by FM with business people in Chennai, they were asking for some more benefits within the existing tax benefits given for R&D

Finance secretary (revenue) response was, “govt gives these R&D benefits to encourage R&D, we have not seen any increase in R&D, and on top of that you are asking for more benefits.” Paraphrasing here.
Absolutely correct. R&D and Indian private companies don't go hand in hand.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just read my post again and you will get the answer.

Please do tell us What Quality product UN armed forces has Imported so far??

When you say Quality what does it mean?? It is comparative or task oriented?

Actually this is you !! Absolutely only You people who compare everything with the Western equipment and now you suggesting me "Don't compare our situation with others"

If Situation and military needs can't be compared then how come you people always managed to compare Local product with your World best??

Hypocrisy ki seema hoti hai dost.... On the one hand, UN armed forces are even buying second hand Mirage, Mig29, Naval Helicopters and Jaguar. On the other hand UN Generals are giving lecture on quality and quantity.
Just read my answer again and you would get the reply of your first line. I have asked to replace Canada for China and US for India. When you would see things in that perspective, then you would understand why we need equipment like MQ-9.

For example we are working on system like HAPS as same as US is doing now. But if you see from application point of view, we require it more then US. Where you think US would deploy it? On Canadian or Mexican border? They are developing it to establish their global super power status, we are developing it to safe guard our borders. So we have a practical need of the best equipment available around for all our practical needs.

Just like hypocrisy, there is a limit to blind stupidity too.

johnj

Do your classmate know about penalty clause ?
Penalty clause ? What penalty ?
No one cares unless he/she receives money form enemy.
Also it is not a sensitive info or data. Mk1a first flight by 2023, then full production starts after 1/1.5 or 2 years after certificating all systems if their no major issues. lsp starts before 2025. P8, jsf etc having software issues during lsp and early production.

johnj

First of all don't go by brochure. No one is going to give exact numbers on them.

Second, QRSAM is developed as a point defense weapon which is able to engage targets on move. The most important aspect of QRSAM is its mobility. So when it comes to mobility, you have to draw out a balance. QRSAM is there to replace or rather complement SPYDER-SR which is already in service. In its current form, it is capable to perform that role.
SPYDER operated by iaf and qrsam for ia, right ?
I don't think qr sam not going to replace spyder or akash, but a new addition. spyder sr is the best missile in spyder consists of python 4/5 which also share commonalty with ccm, python 5/4 and it uses ir/iir/tv for search/track/lock target, immune to arm.

Akula

Country flag
SPYDER operated by iaf and qrsam for ia, right ?
I don't think qr sam not going to replace spyder or akash, but a new addition. spyder sr is the best missile in spyder consists of python 4/5 which also share commonalty with ccm, python 5/4 and it uses ir/iir/tv for search/track/lock target, immune to arm.
IAF may opt for a ground launched version of VL-SRSAM.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Just read my answer again and you would get the reply of your first line. I have asked to replace Canada for China and US for India. When you would see things in that perspective, then you would understand why we need equipment like MQ-9.

For example we are working on system like HAPS as same as US is doing now. But if you see from application point of view, we require it more then US. Where you think US would deploy it? On Canadian or Mexican border? They are developing it to establish their global super power status, we are developing it to safe guard our borders. So we have a practical need of the best equipment available around for all our practical needs.

Just like hypocrisy, there is a limit to blind stupidity too.

You mean to say we need a UAV which range must be equal to our total border length. You mean to say it is not acceptable if same task done by more than one UAV.

In another words UAV like Bayraktar is not surving it's purpose because it is not equivalent to MQ-9. Or perhaps UAVs are meant to something yet to be disclosed by armed forces around the World.

I can vividly remember where you had claimed Rustom 1/2 endurance just 2 hr and 8 hrs respectively

Could you please care to explain a UAVs utility in terms of Endurance?