DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
DRDO can't outsource. IA approaches development team. Sadly our private companies are worst then DPSUs when it comes to R&D. They always takes easy way out.
Why somebody have to waste his hard earn money in the name of R&D for UN armed forces who anyhow will going to tell you "NO" .

Look at this ATAGs example still fresh in our mind. UN armed forces obsession with so called "Quality" has done with private players.

I laugh on you people who throws your own garbage on opposite wall in night and next day morning complaint about hygiene and poor performance by Municipality.

AVAST

Country flag
Do your classmate know about penalty clause ?
Heres the thing with HAL or any PSU or that matter. The timeline is only for show off but everybody from top to bottom knows the real one. Its crazy how these PSU operate. Trust me used to work for one and even tried to get into HAL but apparently to get in there you need to be lazy and have more than just connection.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Heres the thing with HAL or any PSU or that matter. The timeline is only for show off but everybody from top to bottom knows the real one. Its crazy how these PSU operate. Trust me used to work for one and even tried to get into HAL but apparently to get in there you need to be lazy and have more than just connection.
But there is a clause for penalty on delay and that will affect their balance sheets and in turn the higher authorities will be on line of fire so less chances

vishnugupt

Country flag
Apparently theyre still working on some software issues in Tejas mk1. Mk1a wont be put into production before 2025
Such improvement will always be there to make keep platform relevant with time..

You probably never heard this before because Tejas is first Indian platform. But what you hear instead "Mid life Upgradation"

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
What happened now ?

Hangover of "Private, Private slogans" "Give money to private players and see the magic" has gone?

Private players are good in manufacturing only..... Atleast for now.
the above post was in context of regular businesses not defence.

As far as defence R&D is concerned, each branch is releasing their requirements once a year, with status update on each line item from previous year’s list. links are available on MoD website. for folks who want to know the progress, it’s there to see. this has been happening since Manohar Parrikar initiated this. some line items are dropped, some line items go ahead based on merits and available solutions.

for folks who are interested in forming opinions without analysis, it doesn’t matter what information exists out there.

AVAST

Country flag
But there is a clause for penalty on delay and that will affect their balance sheets and in turn the higher authorities will be on line of fire so less chances
You think they care lol thats the least of their worries. As i said you have to see in order to believe. My friend drove a battery cart into an aileron causing a total loss and it was worth more than 2 Cr apparently . You know what they did they blamed it on human factor. Theres no consequence for action.

vishnugupt

Country flag
You think they care lol thats the least of their worries. As i said you have to see in order to believe. My friend drove a battery cart into an aileron causing a total loss and it was worth more than 2 Cr apparently . You know what they did they blamed it on human factor. Theres no consequence for action.
It's nothing,
My friends drove Helicopter in tree and killed the CDS and you would believe what they call it??
Again Humen error.
Same pinch.

SavageKing456

Country flag

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can anyone clear why target altitude is mere 6km for qrsam in drdo brochures. Many UAVs armed with PGMs can easily loiter above that altitude and also multirole fighters with PGMs, that leaves a huge hole in air defense there for this system. I guess radar positions are a reason for that which could have been easily dealt by tilting aesa panels and the 60 degrees of electronic angular sector either side provided by aesa should have provided effective scan of targets upto 12km altitude and more.
What more intriguing is that for a range of good 30km missile, altitude has been capped at 6km. That's a very odd choice, contemporary missiles with that range has easily target engagement above 12kms. Also if it is based on some part atleast of Astra then range is still less i guess, looks bigger than Astra to me atleast. Even launcher seems that it can house more missiles with redesigned swivel launcher like that of pinaka.
It seems like a good Sam akin to vl mica ng and irist slm but somehow has been capped for roles akin to tor and sa8 sam.
I hope there is a mk2 version and these things be rectified.
Also don't say anything about layered system. I know that but even pantsir with those tiny missiles are capable of engaging high altitude targets and this capability for even shorter range sams is must for current threat scenario.
First of all don't go by brochure. No one is going to give exact numbers on them.

Second, QRSAM is developed as a point defense weapon which is able to engage targets on move. The most important aspect of QRSAM is its mobility. So when it comes to mobility, you have to draw out a balance. QRSAM is there to replace or rather complement SPYDER-SR which is already in service. In its current form, it is capable to perform that role.