DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Wølvên Clañ🔍 (@TheLegateIN) Tweeted:
Report: Due to the war in Ukraine, implementation of the deal for 6.1 lakh AK-203 assault rifles signed with Russia, has been delayed by a few months.

Buy Bulgarian AK-47s and make sure it brings commonality with CAPFs.
We should scrap the deal in favor of MCIWS. We should have added Assault Rifles in import ban list.
For all the talk of AB , we are not supporting indigenous development.

Anyone know what is the official reason for not accepting MCIWS?

Bhaubai

Country flag

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes joint development with drdo but what advantage involvement of industry will give. Will drdo have to spend only 70pc hence they will save funds for other projects.
No. When its government funded, funds is not an issue, but usage of fund has always been.

DRDO would develop the tech, pvt firms would deliver subcomponents and would be the production partner. So their involvement would come only after tech development. During development time, they could save DRDO time which would otherwise be wasted in redeveloping the wheel.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No. When its government funded, funds is not an issue, but usage of fund has always been.

DRDO would develop the tech, pvt firms would deliver subcomponents and would be the production partner. So their involvement would come only after tech development. During development time, they could save DRDO time which would otherwise be wasted in redeveloping the wheel.
But govt will fund only 70 pc right? Now private player will get involved in the project since the beginning and there will be sharing of work.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
YES, PRIVATE PLAYERS HAVE MADE, OFB HAS ALSO MADE IT BUT IT LOOKS SHEIT :scared1:
Private ones dont seem too good, too low rate of fire. Maybe enough for slow drones but wont hit any artillery, mortars, ATGMs, rockets, missiles etc. OFB one looks bad, but should work well as it is based on AK 630 which is a fairly decent CIWS.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
90%.

Basically the private companies involved will only provide subcomponents. Sharing of works would be under Category 2.
If govt will not give money directly to pvt companies then what's the use of make 1 and how it will encourage R&D.

Rest 10 pc will be paid by private company or will get deducted from 25pc reserved budget?

Are we sure these all projects will involve DRDO?

Chinmoy

Country flag
If govt will not give money directly to pvt companies then what's the use of make 1 and how it will encourage R&D.

Rest 10 pc will be paid by private company or will get deducted from 25pc reserved budget?

Are we sure these all projects will involve DRDO?
Difference between Make-I and Make-II.
  • 'Make-I' (Government Funded): Projects under ‘Make-I’ sub-category will involve Government funding of 90%, released in a phased manner and based on the progress of the scheme, as per terms agreed between MoD and the vendor.
  • 'Make-II' (Industry Funded): Projects under 'Make-II' category will involve prototype development of equipment/system/ platform or their upgrades or their
    sub-systems/ sub-assembly/assemblies/components, primarily for import substitution/innovative solutions, for which no Government funding will be provided for prototype development purposes.
Nowhere it has been said that Government is not going to fund industry. Provided industry are capable enough to carry out the R&D and could get project approved, they could get fund.

But so far, our industries are not upto the mark of carrying out independent R&D. A hand holding is always required for them.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
It was breach of SOP. People acted irrational in zeal of the situation. Disciplinary action has been taken.

We should hold our opinion till judgement is out by GoI in this regards and all facts are clear.

Wasn't it a prop?

I want to know how just event of mobilization caused so many casualties. Anyone cares to enlighten me?
No, missile left at port was not a prop, but by mistake they sent a prototype.

As for operation parakram i found this article :