DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Remind me why can't we make our erstwhile ofb and dpsu like those of chinese and Russians who are well very competitive on international stage too. Don't give me crap that they don't wanna work yada yada. Whatever the reason you give me can be applied to those of Russians and chinese. To me it solely looks like that we are simply bogged down by babudom like every other thing in india. I don't really care if pvt firms come or not but seriously you have these massive useful assets then why not just make them really good, they exist now unlike pvt firms alternative which may or may not come/succeed, also withstanding the fact that a state controlled firm has its distinct advantages as well.
Someone should seriously consider doing case study about why the difference.

Srinie

Country flag
Remind me why can't we make our erstwhile ofb and dpsu like those of chinese and Russians who are well very competitive on international stage too. Don't give me crap that they don't wanna work yada yada. Whatever the reason you give me can be applied to those of Russians and chinese. To me it solely looks like that we are simply bogged down by babudom like every other thing in india. I don't really care if pvt firms come or not but seriously you have these massive useful assets then why not just make them really good, they exist now unlike pvt firms alternative which may or may not come/succeed, also withstanding the fact that a state controlled firm has its distinct advantages as well.
Please visit and meet the ofb workers . They don't care if they manufacture condoms or pressure cooker as long as they get the salary plus overtime . There is no other option sometimes but to the burn the forest so that new vegetation can grow. OfB is beyond redemption. If you don't work in China /Russia they will use you as furnace fuel on the other hand in India you become a union leader who is fighting opression and get rewards from NGOs for doing so. Goodluck in thinking that OfB can become a Norinco

Akula

Country flag
In my opinion answer is mindset. Both Russia and China know, that they have to develop weapons on their own.