DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

IndianHawk

Country flag
On GaN radars .
Credit Vickey @BRF forums.

Since atleast 2017 as QRSAM has a GaN radar. X-band was late and only started production in around 2020. Othe bands were in poduction since atleast 2017. Currently X-band GaN QTRM planks are being designed for Uttam's successor. Thee recent press release highlights the final signnoff of all the X-band GaN work.

Earlier SSPL designed the GaN HEMT and MMIC structures, now they have standardised and handed over a dev kit so that other labs like DLRL, LRDE and companies like BEL can design their own MMIC's. S, X and L-band GaN MMIC's fom SSPL exist already and some of them are in poduction.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have few doubts regarding this matter
1) will it be screwdrivergiri like al-31fp or we will have ipr
2) what will happen to kaveri which being tested in Russia, obviously it will be used in ghatak but can it be in some other aircraft
3) we were developing Ganga, what will happen to it
4) so money spent on core of kaveri will be waste if new engine with France is built as new core will be developed
5) will new engine be based on kaveri

Vamsi

Country flag
I have few doubts regarding this matter
1) will it be screwdrivergiri like al-31fp or we will have ipr
2) what will happen to kaveri which being tested in Russia, obviously it will be used in ghatak but can it be in some other aircraft
3) we were developing Ganga, what will happen to it
4) so money spent on core of kaveri will be waste if new engine with France is built as new core will be developed
5) will new engine be based on kaveri
1) We don't know that yet
2)It will be used for Ghatak UCAV
3)Ganga is proposal by GTRE using the same Kabini core used in Kaveri, this proposal was from early 2010
4) No it's not , but as far as if learning from Kaveri will be used in110KN engine, we don't know yet
5) My guess is that Cold section i.e Intake Fan, LP& HP compressors will be based on the knowledge gained from Kaveri, HP& LP turbine & AB may be based on M-88.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1) We don't know that yet
2)It will be used for Ghatak UCAV
3)Ganga is proposal by GTRE using the same Kabini core used in Kaveri, this proposal was from early 2010
4) No it's not , but as far as if learning from Kaveri will be used in110KN engine, we don't know yet
5) My guess is that Cold section i.e Intake Fan, LP& HP compressors will be based on the knowledge gained from Kaveri, HP& LP turbine & AB may be based on M-88.
Sir, then why don't we develop Ganga with technical assistance of France

Vamsi

Country flag
bro, You have to understand that, no one in the world will give you full tech of jet engine until and unless you also bring something to the table.
It will be WASTE if we are going to develop the Hot section based on M-88 core & paying royalties to french & not utilising the experience gained in developing SCBs & TBCs for Kaveri. All the efforts that we had put in developing SCBs and TBCs will go into drain.

Articles