DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Tuco

Country flag
Breaking:

France has agreed to make an 'engine' in India under the strategic partnership model, Def Min Rajnath Singh says.Doesn't go into details but says such an engine is currently not even being made in France.Def Min @rajnathsingh says decision to make an engine in India under SP model taken during his meeting with @florence_parly on Friday.

Manu Pubby

May be if we Order more Rafales . Or without core technologies
So Rolls Royce is out then.

IndianHawk

Country flag
so i was right.

any type of war will depend on speed and tempo and localized. so no one iss going to fire agni v/ df41

since prithivi is old and pralay is yet to be tested, we r in dire need for ssbm.

so agni p seems to taking the role until pralay arrives
Agni prime is more likely to be a carrier killer than anything else.

Pralay is a 500-600 km missiles. Agni prime is 1000-2000 km . Not even in same class.

IndianHawk

Country flag
So Rolls Royce is out then.
Not sure. There are two engine programs that we need.
1. A futuristic engine which can power AMCA. To be in 110 KN class but in the size of f414 for drop in fit in AMCA . This will be new engine and might take long time. 10-15 years to be mature. Fully indian core probably ganga .

2. A contemporary engine to replace all f414 MWF and tedbf and intial batches of amca untill 110kn is ready. This needs to be 98kN-100kn in the size of f414. Which could come faster by using safran m88 core. Could come in 7-8 years. And make india free from US restrictions with indian IP.

So I think we will have two separate programs.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I would be really happy if we use our learnings from Kaveri to co-develop 110KN engine .

But instead of that if it was fully developed by french with India just funding it , then I would say french made a big fool out of us

Well we must contribute here , i don't want this project to turn out like Fgfa, i know both things cannot be compared but those who remember how russkies made a mockery of us , we funded it and later they refused to share tech with HAL.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Well we must contribute here , i don't want this project to turn out like Fgfa, i know both things cannot be compared but those who remember how russkies made a mockery of us , we funded it and later they refused to share tech with HAL.
Co development of Engine should be contingent on India ordering a few more squadrons of Rafale and their submarines Enough to fill the gap till MWF comes.

They try anything funny with the engine, we cancel the Rafale and submarine orders. The submarine one will especially hurt them after the whole Australia fiasco so that will keep them in line while co developing our engines.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Co development of Engine should be contingent on India ordering a few more squadrons of Rafale and their submarines Enough to fill the gap till MWF comes.

They try anything funny with the engine, we cancel the Rafale and submarine orders. The submarine one will especially hurt them after the whole Australia fiasco so that will keep them in line while co developing our engines.
No rafale unless they setup a assembly line here . By the time they will deliver us , pakis will have j 10s and I don't even want to say anything about Chinese.
No submarine as it will be too costly and will come with its own issues , i don't think india should make sign the deals for submarine and rafales just for engine development .
In my opinion this bargain is too much for our own good.
Over reliance on French ,is something I would not want , especially submarines unless they share barracuda class design completely , which I know they won't.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles