Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaad

Country flag
@Azaad how should we contact you?
Either join thr discord or drop your twitter ID

@SKC Go ahead with the Site building mate start with cheap package of Xen Foro.
We must get the site up by 30 th of this month.

I'll send 60$ before that.
Money won't be a issue 1000 $ will be up in no time.

We gotta get the site up though.
Joined Discord

Pugilist

Country flag
I suspect closure is a government or regulatory issue.

Bharat Rakshak discussion forum disappeared this weekend. Their website has been revamped with discussion forum gone.

If closure is a government issue, any new site, if it has discussion forum will face similar issues. Perhaps this should be the starting point for those who are thinking of setting up a new forum.

You wont want Doval’s boys knocking on your door at 2am (if you live in India).
My apologies, ignore this post. Bharat Rakshak forums is back up.

Looks like they were updating their website (from 1990s vintage to now circa 2008 vintage).

Extraordinary

Small size still will take few days to scrap
We all can scrap with the help of some tools. I have python code ready.
It does not save everything but all texts and some images are saved, I think Http track can be used to scrap it completely but one has to do it with each page.

We will divide the workload. Each fella will scrap one thread

ovalpiston

Country flag
Please back up the data so you can someday restore the forum. BRF closed all non-defense related sub-forms due to lawfare against it. It is only the last couple of years that few fresh political threads have been allowed to reopen, but the open sub-forum is permanently shutdown.

I am trying to recall another forum which was setup by a BRF member after half of BRF shutdown due to legal reasons. The new forum was hosted and operated out of US or Canada, so outside of India's jurisdiction. If i can only remember the name of that forum and if it is still up then maybe we can seek temporary refuge there. Else 95% of social media is owned and populated by left liberals.
I was finally able to recall the name of the forum that was setup exactly 5 yrs ago to the date when BRF closed all non-defense related sub-forums due to lawsuits. The name of the forum is 'Bharat Ganarajya Forum' or BGF, it was setup by old time members of BRF Dileep and Muns. While the forum is still up the link to register seems to be broken. I have reached out to the admins. Just thought i'll update the group.

If the UI looks similar to BRF, it is intentional. BGF was setup not as a rival to BRF but to give BRFites a new home to continue political, economics and international affairs discussion outside of BRF.

Azaad

Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
If the issue with the site (DFI) closing was a regulatory/security issue then DFI would have been shut down a long time back.
  • DFI was founded in February of 2009, I turned 3 in the same month. How the hell was DFI able to run for 15 long years then? Was the GoI sleeping for the past 15 years? Again raises suspicion.
  • I suspect it has more to do with some expiration of software or absence the interest to run the forum by the original owners. Why are the owners such as Singh and Yusuf refusing to talk to us? I mean we deserve an explanation at least before DFI closes forever.
  • It does not make sense. Look at Warthunder Forums where it's very common to have aircraft manuals leaked out, those forums still run or else they would have been shut down by western governments too.
  • Security issue doesn't make sense because we have been attracting a lot of traffic from other countries outside India for almost 15 years.
The only active mods right now are @ALBY and @Indx TechStyle. What happened to ezsasa? It's strange the the guy disappeared just the day before the announcement of DFI's closure, I mean he is a rather active mod. I think ezsasa might be knowing something that some of the mods let alone members would not be knowing either themselves.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
If the issue with the site (DFI) closing was a regulatory/security issue then DFI would have been shut down a long time back.
  • DFI was founded in February of 2009, I turned 3 in the same month. How the hell was DFI able to run for 15 long years then? Was the GoI sleeping for the past 15 years? Again raises suspicion.
  • I suspect it has more to do with some expiration of software or absence the interest to run the forum by the original owners. Why are the owners such as Singh and Yusuf refusing to talk to us? I mean we deserve an explanation at least before DFI closes forever.
  • It does not make sense. Look at Warthunder Forums where it's very common to have aircraft manuals leaked out, those forums still run or else they would have been shut down by western governments too.
  • Security issue doesn't make sense because we have been attracting a lot of traffic from other countries outside India for almost 15 years.
The only active mods right now are @ALBY and @Indx TechStyle. What happened to ezsasa? It's strange the the guy disappeared just the day before the announcement of DFI's closure, I mean he is a rather active mod. I think ezsasa might be knowing something that some of the mods let alone members would not be knowing either themselves.
Black scorpio

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I just hope that the Russia-Ukraine war 2022 Thread and the Civil War in Ukraine thread stay on the site and in storage consequently.
  • These two threads have a goldmine of posts containing valuable data/information pertaining to geopolitics.
  • I mean if I could go now and talk in public about the war in Ukraine then I could immediately put forth points proving how there are biolabs with irrefutable points.
On the contrary, How can I save a thread? Is there any software that I can use through an Android that will help me do so. I do have laptop which is always free and it has a lot of storage in it, it will be nice if someone can guide me on how to save these two threads on my laptop, after which I can transfer it to another party.

Extraordinary

Tried to scrap the knowledge repository section smallest section.

300 mb + till now.

I am giving up on this method lads.

We will have to scrap each thread individually.

17 sections. If I hand over each to one member we will be able to do it.
All you need is laptop stable connection and some 10 to 20 gb space.

Kumaoni

I second this. Telegram is the freest alternative that would allow the kind of unimpeded discourse we had here on DFI. Reddit is too libergandu, any subreddit by us will not survive long. Failing that, Haldilal's Discord is the second best option; even so Discord is also getting woker and woker by the day, we won't be able to post as freely and unabashedly as we do here, lest we risk bans.

So, if we prioritize purpose over reach, Telegram would be the best option. But yes, I do acknowledge it wouldn't have nowhere near the same level and extent of reach as DFI did in terms of attracting new members, we would have to keep it alive, if even 5 people drop off, it will die.

P.S: Having contributed my two cents to the solution, I don't want to miss this opportunity if this is indeed the last time. I've had fights, disagreements, laughs, enjoyment, bans, suspensions, redpilling, blackpilling etc etc in this forum.

I don't know if I love you guys and I'm pretty sure I hate some of you, but I'll fucking miss every single one of you. If we never talk again after DFI closes, I just wanna say good luck to you beautiful MFers in whatever you do in the future:truestory::truestory::truestory:
you got a telegram group chat bro?

Azaad

Country flag
‘How can anybody join Discord when the website keeps saying unable to reach the website.
Please downloaded the Discord app from play store & register yourself on it . Then click on the link here & you'd land up on the app. Accept the invitation & proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles