Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

And the territory of Ukraine for natural gas wear buckets? All countries have the pipeline receive money from the transit.
To describe the quality of life? 'll try.
In the early 90s, after the collapse of the USSR, was on TV advertising, offering to buy detergent to wash greasy dishes in cold water. In the early 2000s, advertising has already offered to buy the boiler, before the war - already the dishwasher. In the mid-90s, the VCR was a rarity in the family, in the early 2000s - DVD-player was already almost at all, before the war IP-prefix was given for free.
The purchasing power of the typical family grew.
Ok, I will respond, but with the caveat that I have a hard time understanding your posts.

• Regarding wearing buckets, I don't know how one does that.
  • All countries receive money for transit, and that is why Nord Stream, South Stream, Turk Stream, or any pipeline that avoid as much territory as possible is welcome, and that is what Russia is doing - making Ukraine irrelevant. Now, the Ukrainians will actually have to do some work to earn the money they will not earn from transits.
  • During the USSR times, many cities in the USSR were supplied with heated water for heating and for hot water usage. You are from the Soviet Union, so you should know that. You may have stopped living in Soviet times, but don't forget the realities of Soviet times, which you were deprived of after the Soviet times.
  • VCR was a rarity in many countries, but as electronics grew cheaper, more people were able to afford them. The perception of increase in purchasing power is relative.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Ok, I will respond, but with the caveat that I have a hard time understanding your posts.

• Regarding wearing buckets, I don't know how one does that.
  • All countries receive money for transit, and that is why Nord Stream, South Stream, Turk Stream, or any pipeline that avoid as much territory as possible is welcome, and that is what Russia is doing - making Ukraine irrelevant. Now, the Ukrainians will actually have to do some work to earn the money they will not earn from transits.
  • During the USSR times, many cities in the USSR were supplied with heated water for heating and for hot water usage. You are from the Soviet Union, so you should know that. You may have stopped living in Soviet times, but don't forget the realities of Soviet times, which you were deprived of after the Soviet times.
  • VCR was a rarity in many countries, but as electronics grew cheaper, more people were able to afford them. The perception of increase in purchasing power is relative.
I don't care for the reduction of transit. natural gas. The reduction occurs anyway, because Europe is freed from dependence on Russian natural gas.
I told you that you do not understand.
OK. What it means in your understanding of the increased purchasing power?

pmaitra

I was asking your opinion and not science. I could buy a simple Soviet family (total salary 260-290 Soviet rubles)? My parents in the sample do not take (total salary of more than 700 Soviet rubles).
If you ask me for an opinion, then it will be subjective.

I am not denying that people in Ukraine were able to afford DVD, but then, I have seen that in India too. Many people were able to afford a DVD. How much does a DVD player cost today as a percentage of income, and how much did a gramaphone cost back in the day as a percentage of income?

upload_2015-9-23_0-4-18.jpeg

Gramaphone - my grandfather bought this for Rs. 20 when grocery shopping for the week for a family of 7 cost 65 paise. (Rs. 1 = 100 paise, like 1 Rouble = 100 Kopeks. I am not saying Rs. 1 = 1 Rouble.)

upload_2015-9-23_0-4-37.jpeg

DVD player - I can buy this exact model for $19.99 and I spend $40 to $50 per week for one person's grocery, not counting for the food I eat outside on the days I go to work.

Purchasing power increased? Really?

Wrong. The goods became cheaper, and it created an illusion that purchasing power increased.

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
DVD player - I can buy this exact model for $19.99 and I spend $40 to $50 per week for one person's grocery, not counting for the food I eat outside on the days I go to work.

Purchasing power increased? Really?

Wrong. The goods became cheaper, and it created an illusion that purchasing power increased.
What's the illusion? A person can eat and buy household items.

pmaitra

What's the illusion? A person can eat and buy household items.
Did you once tell me you are in some engineering duties in whatever is left of the Ukrainian Army? Please confirm, as I might be wrong here.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Did you once tell me you are in some engineering duties in whatever is left of the Ukrainian Army? Please confirm, as I might be wrong here.

From what period?

pmaitra

Right Sector, Tatar Activists Block Food Supplies to Crimea
Right Sector and a political group of Crimean Tatars loyal to Kiev have blocked the Ukraine-Crimea road and are preventing all cargo transport

(Unian - Ukrainian news agency) | Russia Insider

September 21 (UNIAN) - There was no direct confrontation with truck drivers, but there were hot and lively discussions, according to Refat Chubarov, leader of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people.

Chubarov noted that the movement of trucks was halted on all the routes leading to Crimea from mainland Ukraine.

Meanwhile, the Coordinating Council of the rally mentioned that individuals and passenger vehicles are not being blocked from crossing the administrative border with the Russian-occupied Crimea.

The initiators of the blockade note: Ukrainian companies should stop trade relations with the Russian Federation occupied Crimea.

As UNIAN reported earlier, at 12:00 Kyiv time on September 20, the Crimean Tatars and other activists began the food blockade of annexed Crimea. They blocked all Ukrainian checkpoints at the administrative border with the annexed peninsula for food trucks heading toward Crimea.

“As for the queues in front of the activists' checkpoints, there are from 150 to 200 trucks already waiting from different sides [of the border]. Many of them have decided to go back, many of them did not believe that the campaign would take place,” Slobodian said.

The Interior Ministry's department in Kherson region earlier reported that the situation at all checkpoints was calm and under control.

The administrative border between mainland Ukraine and the temporarily occupied territory of Crimea is completely blocked for freight traffic. The initiators of the campaign to block the administrative border are Crimean Tatars along with community activists, who halted traffic along all roads to Crimea at about 12:00 noon on Sunday.

As UNIAN reported earlier, Crimean Tatars and representatives of patriotic organizations of the city of Kherson and Kherson region blocked roads in Kherson region near checkpoints on the administrative border with Russian-occupied Crimea to prevent trucks with commodities from entering the peninsula.

The Coordinating Council of the Crimea blockade campaign claims that pedestrians and passenger transport will be allowed to freely cross the administrative border between mainland Ukraine and occupied Crimea.

Earlier, Chairman of the Crimean Tatars' Mejlis Refat Chubarov said that he did not rule out that after the “food blockade” of Russian-occupied Crimea, the Crimean Tatars would insist that the peninsula's power supply be cut off.

jouni

Ukraine has been financially dependent on Russia. De jure independent, but de facto, on a Russian life support. The so called "wealthy" G-7 nations cannot provide even one tenth of the support that Russia has been providing. Do read the article, and if you don't get it, then laissez faire.

Before calling me a fan boy, have you considered that you might be in a position aptly described by Radoslav Sikorsky in reference to Poland's relationship with the US?

Take it out of your gullet and breathe easy, bro. :wink:
Ah Poland....we have a saying: " you have to earn the envy, pity you get for free". Poland with her rapid development is the envy of Russia fan boys, hence the badmouthing. Too bad Damian and Militarysta are not anymore active.

Cadian

Ah Poland....we have a saying: " you have to earn the envy, pity you get for free". Poland with her rapid development is the envy of Russia fan boys, hence the badmouthing. Too bad Damian and Militarysta are not anymore active.
"Russian are envious of Poland" - sounds like an anecdote. However, I can agree that ex-Soviet privatization and political process in Poland was a success, while in Russia privatization was a big stinky crime, that will have negative consequences for a looong time.

jouni

"Russian are envious of Poland" - sounds like an anecdote. However, I can agree that ex-Soviet privatization and political process in Poland was a success, while in Russia privatization was a big stinky crime, that will have negative consequences for a looong time.
I am glad that you do not blame US conspiracy of 90s failures this time. IMHO Poland had traditions to build on, Russia has tradition of Czarist system and it is more difficult to build on that.

Cadian

I am glad that you do not blame US conspiracy of 90s failures this time. IMHO Poland had traditions to build on, Russia has tradition of Czarist system and it is more difficult to build on that.
I haven't mentioned it because it's essential. Look at their support of M. Khodorkovsky, one of top criminals who grabbed huge amount of state property in illegal or unfair way.

Your historical comparisons are senseless as always. FYI, Poland was a part of "Czarist system" for one hundred years.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I was in Poland. The car has traveled several voivodships. I liked it in Poland, but there is nothing special I have not seen. Higher wages but higher prices. Better roads, repair roads because build the private companies -they can't steal.

Last edited:

jouni

I was in Poland. The car has traveled several voivodships. I liked it in Poland, but there is nothing special I have not seen. Higher wages but higher prices. Better roads, repair roads because build the private companies -they can't steal.
One difference is corruption. In corrupt index Poland is 35 and Georgia 50, excellent places. Russia is 136 and Ukraine is 142. Youre whole society is built on corruption, that is very difficult and slow to change. This is also why Russia fan boys ridicule Shakashvili, he changed Georgian society to European level of corruption and that is huge treat to Russia etc. corrupt countries. Like I said earlier, one kilometer of railroad costs in Finland x euros and in Russia 2.5x euros. All because of corruption, money is flowing like candle wax from the top to the down, that is the system in there.

I do not judge, it is the core of whole Russia, would there even be Russia without that system? Russia after all is the third Rome.

jouni

I haven't mentioned it because it's essential. Look at their support of M. Khodorkovsky, one of top criminals who grabbed huge amount of state property in illegal or unfair way.

Your historical comparisons are senseless as always. FYI, Poland was a part of "Czarist system" for one hundred years.
Wasn´t Khodorkovskys biggest crime that he wanted to move to politics?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
One difference is corruption. In corrupt index Poland is 35 and Georgia 50, excellent places. Russia is 136 and Ukraine is 142. Youre whole society is built on corruption, that is very difficult and slow to change. This is also why Russia fan boys ridicule Shakashvili, he changed Georgian society to European level of corruption and that is huge treat to Russia etc. corrupt countries. Like I said earlier, one kilometer of railroad costs in Finland x euros and in Russia 2.5x euros. All because of corruption, money is flowing like candle wax from the top to the down, that is the system in there.

I do not judge, it is the core of whole Russia, would there even be Russia without that system? Russia after all is the third Rome.
Again you are throwing numbers. You're a Minister or an ordinary person? I, in my life, only once gave the
the clerk at the passport a box of chocolates and 2 times paid nurses for injections (3 grn), although they should do it for free.. If you don't break the rules - why pay to traffic police? When I first opened my firm, I did not give bribes nor the fire inspector nor the Department of sanitation. It is true then the implementation process is longer. Give bribes to circumvent the rules.

Cadian

Wasn´t Khodorkovskys biggest crime that he wanted to move to politics?
Khodorkovsky, Berezovsky, Gusinsky, etc. - same kind of criminal oligarchs, who got their capitals by illegal assignment of state property during so-called "privatization". Oh, they are also Jews, but it's just a coincidence. If they were not removed from power, Russia would be more like Ukraine noways - corrupt, dying, conflictogenic but a big friend to the West.

I also have to admit, that deprivatization and the following fair privatization is not possible. Nearly all Russian capitalists have become such during criminal 90-th and now are respected owners, entrepreneurs and magnates. But the state can make them pay money for the country's sake.

jouni

Again you are throwing numbers. You're a Minister or an ordinary person? I, in my life, only once gave the
the clerk at the passport a box of chocolates and 2 times paid nurses for injections (3 grn), although they should do it for free.. If you don't break the rules - why pay to traffic police? When I first opened my firm, I did not give bribes nor the fire inspector nor the Department of sanitation. It is true then the implementation process is longer. Give bribes to circumvent the rules.
Low level corruption is not the biggest problem, it is the high level corruption. That prevents development of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles