Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

You are in Donetsk? I thought you are in Odessa. Speaking of Odessa, big fire there today. Another oligarch battle. If you are in Donetsk you would realize Donetsk will never go back to Ukrainian rule. Even if Ukraine manages to take back Donetsk by force, Russia would take Donetsk back by force, using air power if necessary. And if you think you've seen Russian military in action, you've seen NOTHING yet.
@Akim lives in Odessa. His dad lives in Donetsk. This is IIRC.

soldier of Putin

@Akim lives in Odessa. His dad lives in Donetsk. This is IIRC.

thanks for the heads up :) It looks like his pa is pro Russia. I know this Syrian guy who moved to the US and his family still lives in western Aleppo. He is anti Syria and his family is pro Syria. :balleballe:Looks like a similar situation with @Akim.

Last edited:

pmaitra

thanks for the heads up :) It looks like his pa is pro Russia. I know this Syrian guy who moved to the US and his family still lives in western Aleppo. He is anti Syria and his family is pro Syria. :balleballe:Looks like a similar situation with @Akim.
I suspect @Akim is also pro Russia. I believe he is scared to voice his inner opinion given the condition of human rights and lack of freedom of speech in the parts of Ukraine still under control of Nuland's Boy and Company. The other explanation is Stokholm Syndrome. Once the NovoRossiyans liberate Odessa, hopefully he will switch sides.
@Akim in this thread you said that your father lives in Donbass and after the civil war he once called you Fascist. Why did he say that ? Could you please share what was the reason behind that ? Regards.
Not me specifically. He said: You are all American fascists! This means and I and all those who studied at the military college, who served in the Ukrainian army and remained loyal to the oath. He said this because in Donetsk closed Ukrainian TV channels, the Ukrainian radio. The Internet, he does not use. So all day, it pours Russian propaganda. This information zombi. I was with him in april. He was glad to see me, wanted in june to come to Odessa to see his grandson. Russian television he was persuaded.
Not me specifically. He said: You are all American fascists! This means and I and all those who studied at the military college, who served in the Ukrainian army and remained loyal to the oath. He said this because in Donetsk closed Ukrainian TV channels, the Ukrainian radio. The Internet, he does not use. So all day, it pours Russian propaganda. This information zombi. I was with him in april. He was glad to see me, wanted in june to come to Odessa to see his grandson. Russian television he was persuaded.

jouni

Finn Janus Putkonen is new "propaganda minister" of DNR. He has in his first task revoked two Finnish journalists acredition pass...for bias reporting ;)

jouni

I suspect @Akim is also pro Russia. I believe he is scared to voice his inner opinion given the condition of human rights and lack of freedom of speech in the parts of Ukraine still under control of Nuland's Boy and Company. The other explanation is Stokholm Syndrome. Once the NovoRossiyans liberate Odessa, hopefully he will switch sides.
You seem to suffer from the same syndrome as those Japanese soldiers found from isolated island forty years after the end of war....

pmaitra

You seem to suffer from the same syndrome as those Japanese soldiers found from isolated island forty years after the end of war....
You will also switch sides when the myth of Russian invasion of Finland becomes a reality. :lol:

Just kidding. Will respect the territorial integrity of a neutral Finland.

Finn Janus Putkonen is new "propaganda minister" of DNR. He has in his first task revoked two Finnish journalists acredition pass...for bias reporting ;)
:clap2:
Looks like the Nazi sympathizing Finns failed to obliterate all the Pro-Russia Finns.

Putkonin or Putin, there is always someone to stand up to the Nazis.

soldier of Putin

Ukraine's nightmare. Su-34. Based at Sevastopol, all of Ukraine is within strike range. Don't even bother trying to take back Donetsk and Lugansk. Russia will never allow it. Even if Ukraine sacrifices 10,000 soldiers to take back, we will take back using air power. @Akim get ready to be drafted to Donbas.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Wow, interesting video.

The Sukhoi-34 can fly from Moscow to Vladivostok and back without refuelling. That is an impressive range.

soldier of Putin

Wow, interesting video.

The Sukhoi-34 can fly from Moscow to Vladivostok and back without refuelling. That is an impressive range.

With aerial refueling. It can even strike halfway around the world. It is armed with fire and forget R-77s which Ukraine does not have. Also, it has powerful SEAD and can easily destroy Ukraine's 1980s S-300s.

soldier of Putin

Ka-52 Alligator, nightmare of Ukrainian ground forces. They have thermal and when operating at night are safe from MANPADS. Egypt just bought a number of these beasts.

Last edited:

pmaitra

This is fantasy. This is, however, not the first fantasy in this thread. A lot of the stuff coming out of western media are fantasies. Coming back to the video in the spoiler, it is a nice work of animation. The end of the video is interesting, if one were to imagine the mansion is the home of Arsenic Yatz, the de facto NATO appointed dictator of the Kiev Regime.

Enjoy!

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I love my country - from Chernihiv to the Crimea. I was almost everywhere (from Chop to Snegnoe) This is not Stockholm syndrome. I am against Maidan. However, stitched internal divisions crossed the external invasion of Russia. It's like in the family. Wife and husband always argue, nevertheless find solutions. Certainly adherents of the "Russian world" in our country a lot, but they are not prepared to fight for it, because Borodai admitted that on Donbass came from Russia 30--50 thousand militants.

pmaitra

I love my country - from Chernihiv to the Crimea. I was almost everywhere (from Chop to Snegnoe) This is not Stockholm syndrome. I am against Maidan. However, stitched internal divisions crossed the external invasion of Russia. It's like in the family. Wife and husband always argue, nevertheless find solutions. Certainly adherents of the "Russian world" in our country a lot, but they are not prepared to fight for it, because Borodai admitted that on Donbass came from Russia 30--50 thousand militants.
I was only offering some possible explanations. I cannot look into someone's heart. I cannot look into someone's mind. A person forms his ideas in his early years of growing up. A person forms ideas all his life, but ideas developed during the early growing years are strongest.

You grew up during the stagnation of the Brezhnev era and the economic turmoil of the Gorbachyov era. That is why, your opinion is formed like that. I grew up reading a magazine, called "Soviet Union," and reading Russian history mainly from Soviet authors, so I have my opinions about Russia. That is one reason why we disagree so much. I also understand, what I learnt about Russia from Soviet historians, will be at disagreement with the opinion of modern day Russian historians, least said about western funded Ukrainian ultra-nationalist historians which was used to brainwash the current generation of Ukrainians.

Anyway, here is a thread about the magazines, some of whose copies are still at home in my library: Magazines from the Soviet Union

Akim

Professional
Country flag
With aerial refueling. It can even strike halfway around the world. It is armed with fire and forget R-77s which Ukraine does not have. Also, it has powerful SEAD and can easily destroy Ukraine's 1980s S-300s.

Therefore, Israel was indignant that Russia is selling Iran the S-300? Complexes S-300 and 9K37 (Buk) is constantly upgraded. Of course not as fast as it should. Since the beginning of 2000-ies, on average, one battalion of S-300 and one battalion 9K37. I said @pmaitra that military enterprises on the territory participated in the development of these complexes in the USSR. R-77 by the way was also developed in Kiev, but then production was transferred to the RSFSR.. Kazakhstan is upgrading its S-300 in Ukraine not in Russia.

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I was only offering some possible explanations. I cannot look into someone's heart. I cannot look into someone's mind. A person forms his ideas in his early years of growing up. A person forms ideas all his life, but ideas developed during the early growing years are strongest.

You grew up during the stagnation of the Brezhnev era and the economic turmoil of the Gorbachyov era. That is why, your opinion is formed like that. I grew up reading a magazine, called "Soviet Union," and reading Russian history mainly from Soviet authors, so I have my opinions about Russia. That is one reason why we disagree so much. I also understand, what I learnt about Russia from Soviet historians, will be at disagreement with the opinion of modern day Russian historians, least said about western funded Ukrainian ultra-nationalist historians which was used to brainwash the current generation of Ukrainians.

Anyway, here is a thread about the magazines, some of whose copies are still at home in my library: Magazines from the Soviet Union

My mom grew up in the Khrushchev era (1950 is born). She can remember how, in these times in Melitopol was not wheat bread (only rye and corn), Certainly in the Soviet Union had a lot of good, but it's not food. Tell me, what is not in Ukraine, but it was in the USSR for the common man?

pmaitra

My mom grew up in the Khrushchev era (1950 is born). She can remember how, in these times in Melitopol was not wheat bread (only rye and corn), Certainly in the Soviet Union had a lot of good, but it's not food. Tell me, what is not in Ukraine, but it was in the USSR for the common man?
:rofl:
Grass is greener on the other side.

One of my Russian friends introduced me to Buckwheat. I eat it a lot nowadays. I almost never eat Rice. Rice and Wheat are staple foods in India. I think if you were given Rice, you would probably weep in joy. Here, in the US, I go to a bakery, and I literally have to ask for a "slice of Rye," or else, they'd shove me a "French Baguette." I also grew up eating fish eggs or Caviar, but I was never madly in love with it. I later came to know Russians treat this as a delicacy. Here in the US, I see people eat Spinach as a sign of status symbol. Back in India, anyone eating Spinach is considered a person who cannot afford anything of class.

I do agree that variety was less in the USSR.

Here, in the US, I see a lot of variety, but I actually know what I want, and too much variety wastes my time as I have to spend a lot of time looking for what I want. I don't want to waste my time distracted by expensive and useless nonsense they carry.

jouni

:rofl:
Grass is greener on the other side.

One of my Russian friends introduced me to Buckwheat. I eat it a lot nowadays. I almost never eat Rice. Rice and Wheat are staple foods in India. I think if you were given Rice, you would probably weep in joy. Here, in the US, I go to a bakery, and I literally have to ask for a "slice of Rye," or else, they'd shove me a "French Baguette." I also grew up eating fish eggs or Caviar, but I was never madly in love with it. I later came to know Russians treat this as a delicacy. Here in the US, I see people eat Spinach as a sign of status symbol. Back in India, anyone eating Spinach is considered a person who cannot afford anything of class.

I do agree that variety was less in the USSR.

Here, in the US, I see a lot of variety, but I actually know what I want, and too much variety wastes my time as I have to spend a lot of time looking for what I want. I don't want to waste my time distracted by expensive and useless nonsense they carry.
You can't beat rye bread with salmon, eggs and dill...with lemon. Nordic gift to world cuisine. Regarding Ukraine this war has united Ukraine. Just like our wars with Russia united us. In thirties we were poorest country in Europe, now one of the affluent ones. Same can be the future of Ukraine too.
I will watch in the evening "Taras Bulba" to learn some history...
War against corruption is the key, together with other reforms too.

Last edited:

soldier of Putin

Crimea is not part of your country. Crimea will NEVER EVER be part of your country. This I can guarantee you. Ukraine will never dare to fight Russia for Crimea.

Unlike Yemenis who take on Saudi military at border, Ukrainians never dare to take on Russian military at border. To date, Ukrainians never dared to shoot a single bullet at a Russian soldier or a Russian supply truck. Cowards. The world's biggest cowards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles