Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Less than 48 hours left in conclusion of the Beijing Winter Olympics.

Things seem to be moving the predicted way👇

(Source: Trishul-trident)

Russia is highly unlkely to attack Ukraine in the immediate future & will wait for the Beijing Winter Olympics to conclude. The Russian military build-up is still underway & is not yet completed. Hence, hostilities ae unlikely for another 3 weeks. But interestingly, the US is now positioning 3 carrier battle groups in the Soujth China Sea, i.e. the USS Carl Vinson, USS Ronald Reagan & USS Abraham Lincoln. This indicates that China might try to take to take advantage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis & launch an invasion of Taiwan’s Pratas Island astride the Bashi Channel.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
I don't think they will ever be irrelevant, if for no other reason than their massive nuclear arsenal, but I think Russia is in a very bad place over the next century. They have seemingly lost any ability to exercise soft power in Eastern Europe, and NATO severely limits their ability to use military force. They have vast natural resources, but Europe is making a hard turn to green energy over the next 10 years, which is going to make oil and gas significantly less valuable by 2050 as the rest of the world follow suit.

Their population numbers also look very bad, and their only ally of consequence at the moment is their most natural geopolitical competitor. Furthermore, they are in no better position to compete with the US in an arms race than they were in the 1980s—in fact things are probably worse now from that perspective.

In some ways, I think Russia is going through a similar national crisis to what Germany was in the 1920s or Britain and France in the 1950s. Great European Powers were built on geopolitical realities that were being swept away by the changing world. Britain realized they needed to let their empire go, and France (after an unfortunate amount of warfare) came to the same conclusion. Germany of course lashed out and tried to remake the geopolitical landscape around it (the goal was essentially to de-populate the east), but suffered terrible punishment for it. All three nations needed to accept that they were no longer competing to be the biggest player on the world stage—but that they could still be relevant and influential. I think Russia can have a bright future, but the game it's playing right now is a losing one.

tribendra bisoi

If war really happens we must investigate whether they were waiting for olympic to over as rumored in internet . If thats true it shd be moment of truth for India . We are depended for defence supplies upon a country which decide its war based upon wishes of our adversary .. It sounds ridiculous . Is winter olympic in a country even that imp that u are ready to allow Ukrain to be more prepared .. allow snow in some places to melt .. This cld be propaganda .. But This ll only get worse in future .. Similarly u cnt depend upon west as well . U have to think for decades ahead while buying strategic military stuffs . Focus on local defence manufacturing , invest billions in research and there by create quality jobs for youths .

Last edited:

JBH22

Sorry but how many examples do you have?
Conventional war Russia will have the upper hand. It is controlling and handling Ukraine that MAY be a headache all russophobes will gang up to support guerilla war. I'm sure body bags returning to Russia will not be popular. Or can Russia pull a zero casualty Crimean style operation.

Flash12

Country flag
Conventional war Russia will have the upper hand. It is controlling and handling Ukraine that MAY be a headache all russophobes will gang up to support guerilla war. I'm sure body bags returning to Russia will not be popular. Or can Russia pull a zero casualty Crimean style operation.
All is well, but why do we need it? ) Dont we have other problems or something a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles