China's first indigenous carrier CV17

KurtisBrian

Country flag
I had no intention of comparing with Indian Navy until your Indian compatriot came to this thread stating everything India put up is better than China, remember this is a thread for CV-17 Shandong ;)

I agree with you, China's fleet including its carriers will be almost entirely in the China Seas.

The philosophies are different and so are the realities. Navalwise, China has to plan against the USN and their allies on its coast while India has to plan for Pakistan on its coast. The needs are vastly different.
it is not the US navy. It is Biden, Pelosi, Austin, Desantis, 6/7 Catholic supreme court justices..... It is a Catholic NATO (TAO) navy.
Fight them. Taoist lose wars. German Nazis in black/white/grey LOST. Napoleon lost. Italians lost to Ethiopians. US Greys lost to Northern Blues. Do Muslims win wars? Israelis only beat Muslims now can't even beat Muslims.
Don't fear NATO or the US. They are no longer the winners.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
The J-15 is an unreliable, maintenance hogging hunk of junk, reverse engineered from an early prototype. Fly with high weapons and fuel load from STOBAR my ass, why are you even developing CATOBAR ships then. No amount of propaganda blasting will change the fact is that the PLAN will get it's collective shit handed to it by Japan and Uncle Sam if it even dares to go into a scuffle. Lets see a J-15 taking off with high weapons load from a short take-off position without afterburners engaged, if it even gets off the deck. "Better than the Mig-29K" my ass, the Indian Navy has been operating Carriers for 50 years; You are delusional if you think the IN didn't consider the SU-33 while choosing a Jet, they did and flat out rejected it because the Flanker platform is ass for carrier ops. And what is this nonsense talk of "parity" ? you think your navy has the balls to sail a sizeable armada to the Indian Ocean ?

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The J-15 is an unreliable, maintenance hogging hunk of junk, reverse engineered from an early prototype. Fly with high weapons and fuel load from STOBAR my ass, why are you even developing CATOBAR ships then. No amount of propaganda blasting will change the fact is that the PLAN will get it's collective shit handed to it by Japan and Uncle Sam if it even dares to go into a scuffle. Lets see a J-15 taking off with high weapons load from a short take-off position without afterburners engaged, if it even gets off the deck. "Better than the Mig-29K" my ass, the Indian Navy has been operating Carriers for 50 years; You are delusional if you think the IN didn't consider the SU-33 while choosing a Jet, they did and flat out rejected it because the Flanker platform is ass for carrier ops. And what is this nonsense talk of "parity" ? you think your navy has the balls to sail a sizeable armada to the Indian Ocean ?
Sorry to interfere
But if j-15 is unreliable how is it able to take 100+ sorties in its voyage
It's operational in both the carriers and even now it's performing sorties
I am not saying mig-29k not capable of it or hasn't performed like that bcoz that's not our fault if our neighbors don't report

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Sorry to interfere
But if j-15 is unreliable how is it able to take 100+ sorties in its voyage
It's operational in both the carriers and even now it's performing sorties
I am not saying mig-29k not capable of it or hasn't performed like that bcoz that's not our fault if our neighbors don't report
How many jets were actually involved in this 100+ sorties attempt ? Obcourse it can sortie, but what's the downtime ? maintenance period between what number of sorties ? Am I really supposed to believe what the paper dragon claims at face value ?

SexyChineseLady

India do not have an operation carrier right now and had not in the past two years. Why do you insist on continuing this discussion? What good does that 50 years of experience do for you when you end up not being able to fly or land on a carrier for years on end?

This is what J-15 does in real life:

The J-15 not only launches in large numbers of sorties, the J-15 actually creates scrambles from a foe and then it goes to intercept them! There is NOTHING like this from an Indian MiG-29K.

You are repeating self-made opinions that have no relation to reality. If the J-15 were unreliable, it would not be intercepting opposing aircraft and it would not be overflying opposing ships ;)

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
India do not have an operation carrier right now and had not in the past two years. Why do you insist on continuing this discussion? What good does that 50 years of experience do for you when you end up not being able to fly or land on a carrier for years on end?

The J-15 not only launches in large numbers of sorties, the J-15 actually creates scrambles from a foe and then it goes to intercept them! There is NOTHING like this from an Indian MiG-29K.

You are repeating self-made opinions that have no relation to reality. If the J-15 were unreliable, it would not be intercepting opposing aircraft and it would not be overflying opposing ships ;)
oh and do you have the balls to actually storm the Indian Ocean during this "downtime" of ours ;) when one carrier is fitting out and another is in MLU. The J-15 can scramble all it wants when it knows it's not planning on escalation, much less a conflict. A Flanker intercepts ?! Amazing. All your junk is good for is flying around the airspace of your neighbors and occasionally invade vastly inferior airspaces.
Why do you insist on continuing this discussion?
Your junk is still junk with 1000+ photo ops ;)

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How many jets were actually involved in this 100+ sorties attempt ? Obcourse it can sortie, but what's the downtime ? maintenance period between what number of sorties ? Am I really supposed to believe what the paper dragon claims at face value ?
In 6 days it says
Combination of j-15 and as helis
Even this performance is good as it was a training deployment

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Let's see next time if Chinese AC go for a massive refit and literally massive I mean changing many components will it take 10-12 months or not

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Let's see next time if Chinese AC go for a massive refit and literally massive I mean changing many components will it take 10-12 months or not
The Liaoning is forever relegated as a training carrier. The Shandong won't enter MLU for another 10-12 years. But the Chinese are truly efficient if nothing else. Capabilities aside I wager they'll get it done in record time. This is one thing I must respect them for, their national effort in making a big navy with heavyweight assets in big numbers in such a short period of time.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

U r repeating the point that Vikramaditya is not in service for 2 years and all
We all know the fire incident which pushed the timeline an it was a major one
Now u will bring Vikrant satisfying ur while knowing that it has entered service this years
R u speaking sense bcoz it all turns to be nonsense

SexyChineseLady

The Liaoning is forever relegated as a training carrier. The Shandong won't enter MLU for another 10-12 years. But the Chinese are truly efficient if nothing else. Capabilities aside I wager they'll get it done in record time. This is one thing I must respect them for, their national effort in making a big navy with heavyweight assets in big numbers in such a short period of time.

The Shandong actually went into a major refit in April for three months and that was when the Liaoning was launching J-15s off Taiwan and Okinawa.

You should plan to have at least one carrier operational shouldn't you? And not end up without a carrier for years on end like the Indian Navy. ;)

Shandong was back to prowling the seas during the Pelosi thing in August with some new anti-wear pads to protect deck from scratching by arrester cables.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
The Shandong actually went into a major refit in April for three months and that was when the Liaoning was launching J-15s off Taiwan and Okinawa.

You should plan to have at least one carrier operational shouldn't you? And not end up without a carrier for years on end like the Indian Navy. ;)

Shandong was back to prowling the seas during the Pelosi thing in August with some new anti-wear pads to protect deck from scratching by arrester cables.
1668704682415.png

what within less than 3 years ??
Vikramaditya had an accident, whats your excuse ? poor planning ? ;)
what 3 year old AC goes into a "major refit" within 3 years of commissioning. Wait you mean it was incomplete at commissioning ?
*gasps*

SexyChineseLady

Please start that conversation when it happens. My guess is that the PLAN would not plan a refit, even one that goes on for a year, that leaves them without an operational carrier for years on end like the Indian Navy ;)

Hari Sud

Country flag
Whichever aircraft India fields is going to be superior to anything China has. Multinational development of aerospace systems is always far superior to single nation development like what the CCP is doing. Most likely the aircraft will be a mix of Rafale naval and Boeing F/A 18s. These aircraft are heavily interoperable with western navies. Indian Navy has set goals that its systems will be highly interoperable with western navies. So, it will be india specific modification of western planes - aka making these planes modular to not be locked into specific supply chains. Of course the usual offset for localized investments will further enhance Indian industry.
Everything in Indian Navy is superior to the Chinese. The latter are hastily built with dollar store quality on copied and reverse engineered quality. On top of that geography is a major factor. Chine have to travel 4,000km away to meet and face the Indian Navy with great advantage of shore-based defenses and pass thru narrow passages of Straits of Malacca or still narrower passages of Indonesia.

SexyChineseLady

Everything in Indian Navy is superior to the Chinese. The latter are hastily built with dollar store quality on copied and reverse engineered quality. On top of that geography is a major factor. Chine have to travel 4,000km away to meet and face the Indian Navy with great advantage of shore-based defenses and pass thru narrow passages of Straits of Malacca or still narrower passages of Indonesia.
LoL. Here we go again with this delusion. Uou guys don't even have an operating carrier for two years!

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
LoL. Here we go again with this delusion. Uou guys don't even have an operating carrier for two years!
Vikrant is very much capable of carrier ops currently even without MF-Star. You can't do jack during our downtime anyway. That's the reality. You made too many enemies around and don't have the balls to send a carrier strike group so far away from home anytime soon. Your toys don't mean anything if you can't bring them here to play with. Cause we sure as hell won't sail to your place.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles