China Economy: News & Discussion

SexyChineseLady

You are comparing 5G mobile internet speed of UAE, Korea, China to 4G mobile speed of India.

Here are some 5G speed test videos from Bangalore.

The speed topped 500 Mbps in the second video.

Mobile internet speed is determined by the carrier and the technology. The averages stick used to dumb down arguments is plain retarded. Please bring some objectivity into your discussions.

You can enjoy 5G internet in over 200 Indian cities provided your handset and sim support it. The network is there.. it is for people to transition.

If your 5G were more widespread your medium speed would be a lot higher ;)

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Forget mobile speeds. When are these peasants getting justice?

I know wumaos getting paid 50 cents a post but Chinese Han peasants only compensated $1.25 an acre for cultivation loss from floods is getting even lower than wumao pay scale. Makes sense though as the CHines’s Chicken Party has no money. And the PLA wants to take on the USA - what a joke.

rockdog

Country flag
Only the opening shot from China's semicon industry:

Called "China BYD SEAL Thoroughly Disassembled (Complete Edition)," the manual consists of 350 pages of disassembly photos, component explanations, and repair guidelines. It is priced at the whopping US$6,340 equivalent, indicating that it is aimed at part OEMs and automotive R&D decision makers, rather than individual owners

Wondering will how much they will sell the report with vip version.

Azaad

Country flag
Like the narrative of oil shortage, always only 20 yrs volumn left, since 1980...

EV sales in August in Chinese market:

View attachment 220770
I link a gwailou source informing us of the massive lithium shortage vis a vis deposits due to over exploitation of a finite reserve in the near term future, asking what would Chinese EV OEMs do with massive over capacity & bank loans & what do you do? You come here posting EV sales in August in China.

I think I now know why Baidu translate is so poor in basic translation leave aside capturing nuances of which there's no example in Mandarin or Cantonese. It's coz guys like you invented Baidu translate.

World War 3 will start of with a mistranslation courtesy Baidu translate just as WW-1 was sparked off by a gun shot of an anarchist to the heir apparent to the Austrian throne & WW-2 was due to German invasion of Poland. Of this I've no doubt.

another_armchair

Country flag
Someone mind sharing the breakup of digital payments data in China by transaction value, not transaction volume?

• Total transaction value in the Digital Payments market is projected to reach US$3,639.00bn in 2023.
I find this a little misleading because it is piss poor for a GDP USD 19 trillion nation that claims majority of commercial transactions are in digital format.

In India, UPI alone is likely to breach USD 1.7 trillion in transaction value.

Has statista got the figures wrong? I suspect so because their India figures are also way off.

another_armchair

Country flag
I link a gwailou source informing us of the massive lithium shortage vis a vis deposits due to over exploitation of a finite reserve in the near term future, asking what would Chinese EV OEMs do with massive over capacity & bank loans & what do you do? You come here posting EV sales in August in China.

I think I now know why Baidu translate is so poor in basic translation leave aside capturing nuances of which there's no example in Mandarin or Cantonese. It's coz guys like you invented Baidu translate.

World War 3 will start of with a mistranslation courtesy Baidu translate just as WW-1 was sparked off by a gun shot of an anarchist to the heir apparent to the Austrian throne & WW-2 was due to German invasion of Poland. Of this I've no doubt.
Chinese posters are tutored as follows -

Q - Mobile speed in India is poor because -

1. India is a poor nation
2. Most Indians are poor
3. India has massive poverty
4. India and Indians are poor

They can't seem to analyze statements or data. Very robotic in their responses making little to no sense.

Azaad

Country flag
Someone mind sharing the breakup of digital payments data in China by transaction value, not transaction volume?

• Total transaction value in the Digital Payments market is projected to reach US$3,639.00bn in 2023.
I find this a little misleading because it is piss poor for a GDP USD 19 trillion nation that claims majority of commercial transactions are in digital format.

In India, UPI alone is likely to breach USD 1.7 trillion in transaction value.

Has statista got the figures wrong? I suspect so because their India figures are also way off.
They came out with an absurd figure of something like 80 trillion USD as per Chinese central bank for all online transactions including digital payments. They couldn't explain why it was so high.

another_armchair

Country flag
They came out with an absurd figure of something like 80 trillion USD as per Chinese central bank for all online transactions including digital payments. They couldn't explain why it was so high.
It was projected in 2018 that digital transactions value in China will hit USD 96 trillion in 2023 and here we see it struggling to cross USD 4 trillion.

Now I shouldn't be saying this but its time to revisit their GDP claims.

Azaad

Country flag
It was a projected in 2018 that digital transactions value in China will hit USD 96 trillion in 2023 and here we see it struggling to cross USD 4 trillion.

Now I shouldn't be saying this but its time to revisit their GDP claims.
What's the ratio between nominal GDP in USD & transaction values? I remember reading a co relation. Not sure if it was here or MSM or thru Twitter.

SexyChineseLady

Chinese posters are tutored as follows -

Q - Mobile speed in India is poor because -

1. India is a poor nation
2. Most Indians are poor
3. India has massive poverty
4. India and Indians are poor

They can't seem to analyze statements or data. Very robotic in their responses making little to no sense.
There are things that if you would have if you actually have the money like aircraft engines needed for national security:

IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

These things are not a matter of choice but the availability of resource.

India does not have a single aircraft engine that is able power an production aircraft because it could afford only one project and that project failed.

China has many. That alone shows us the reality of the difference in economic ability.

HSR, 5G, EVs, automation and robotics, 2K handbags, meat, beer, AC consumption, etc. are all there as evidence of huge disparities between the two economies but Indians like to say those are just preferences. In aircraft engines, I doubt Indians really prefer to have no working engine. It is just the reality of a much smaller economy.

another_armchair

Country flag
There are things that if you would have if you actually have the money like aircraft engines needed for national security:

View attachment 220845
View attachment 220846
View attachment 220847
View attachment 220848
View attachment 220849
View attachment 220850

These things are not a matter of choice but the availability of resource.

India does not have a single aircraft engine that is able power an production aircraft because it could afford only one project and that project failed.

China has many. That alone shows us the reality of the difference in economic ability.
We don't have any urgency like you to invade Taiwan.

We are quite content if we have LCA's in adequate numbers for point defence duties powered by any engine provided by a reliable supplier.

Work will continue on a local jet engine for a permanent solution.

Good luck with the re-engineered AL-31.

SexyChineseLady

We don't have any urgency like you to invade Taiwan.

We are quite content if we have LCA's in adequate numbers for point defence duties powered by any engine provided by a reliable supplier.

Work will continue on a local jet engine for a permanent solution.

Good luck with the re-engineered AL-31.

The Sioux and Commanche were quite content with their spears and arrows. White man said they were "noble" for fighting without guns and they were annnihilated and their land taken away from them :)

But if they had the money, they would definitely bought Winchesters like at Little Big Horn where they crushed the US 7th Cavalry for a singular victory.

You are coping very very hard. You do not have an engine because you cannot afford the number of projects to guarantee success. Your LCA is another example. Only one lightweight fighter over many decades during which the J-10 to J-20 to Y-20 came out.

China hadn't fought a war in 40 years, the engines (and aircraft and ships) are just a byproduct of a massive economy :)

another_armchair

Country flag
The Sioux and Commanche were quite content with their spears and arrows. White man said they were "noble" for fighting without guns and they were annnihilated and their land taken away from them :)

But if they had the money, they would definitely bought Winchesters like at Little Big Horn where they crushed the US 7th Cavalry for a singular victory.

You are coping very very hard. You do not have an engine because you cannot afford the number of projects to guarantee success. Your LCA is another example. Only one lightweight fighter over many decades during which the J-10 to J-20 to Y-20 came out.

China hadn't fought a war in 40 years, the engines (and aircraft and ships) are just a byproduct of a massive economy :)
Whatever you say, wumao.

SexyChineseLady

Autos are the largest industry in the world. China not only makes and buys the most autos but is now the top auto exporters. EVs are just part of the story. That is huge economic news ;)

Heat

Country flag

It is nice to see that the Chinese acknowledge that the only edge China has over India is that of a larger economy. This is a correct assessment.

This is why the only true stat worth looking for in this subforum is the Chinese TFR. Everything else really doesn't matter, tbh. The Chinese members should attach their latest TFR numbers at the end of every message they post, because that's what truly concerns us here in India.

Azaad

Country flag
Autos are the largest industry in the world. China not only makes and buys the most autos but is now the top auto exporters. EVs are just part of the story. That is huge economic news ;)

Please @RoaringTigerHiddenDragon either shoot me or this creature. I can see why Jai Chand finds a connection with the Chinese members here. They all seem to be on the same wavelength

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles