Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, you are correct. The best way to piss India off is to be friendly with Pakistan. You do business with Pakistan, you will lose India as a customer.

In recent years, India has been rather cosy with the US, but that did not stop India from rejecting US fighters in favour of the French ones. India even rejected the British fighters, despite UK being a larger aid donor than France. (of course, we don't want their aid :D)

All the peoples of the former Russian Empire are informally referred to as 'Russians' by most commoners, but when government officials decide to procure weapons, they are very careful about whom they will import from.

For example, we had the option to import Ilyushin-76 from Beriev of Russia, because that plane (Ilyushin-76MD) is now made by Beriev (Beriev A-60). They could have easily made what we needed. Yet, we preferred to import the Ilyushin-76 Phalcon from Uzbekistan. This is because, when it comes to defense, historical and emotional bonds have to be kept apart, and practical considerations given priority. Uzbekistan, BTW, is very close to India.

Finally, India and USSR were allies, but India and Russia are friends today, not allies. ;)
Ukraine had forcedly to trade with Pakistan. Her military industry perished. All considered Russia=USSR. And the best military-factories and DB remained then in Ukraine. Russia could then independently only to produce battle planes and helicopters. To you for long makes in Severomorsk aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya. because, building of airbearing cruisers Mykolaiv (Ukraine) engaged in the USSR.

pmaitra

Ukraine had forcedly to trade with Pakistan. Her military industry perished. All considered Russia=of the USSR. And the best military-factories and DB remained then in Ukraine. Russia could then independently only to produce battle planes and helicopters. To you for long makes in Severomorsk aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya. because, building of airbearing cruisers Mykolaiv (Ukraine) engaged in the USSR.
Yes, the Ukrainian SSR was very industrialized and Ukraine inherited those industries. Of course, Ukraine did what it did to earn money.

I am aware about Nikolayev, where Baku/Gorshkov was built, but Gorshkov was converted in Severodvinsk. Somebody made a very funny comment about Nikolayev shipyard, and he was a Russian, and you may not agree.
Я конечно же сейчас все не припомню, но этот корабль это одно сплошное веселье, вроде бы много разных мелочей, но эти мелочи складываются в одну общую жопу, в основном по вине проектанта и завода в николаеве (только завод в николаеве может по одному и тому же чертежу собрать три разные цистерны).
LINK

Anyway, the point I am making is, Ukraine needs to partner with Indian companies and enter India. Russia is a major power, and they also make a lot of good stuff. Look at Tatarstan, Udmurtiya, Nizhnyi-Tagil, Ulan-Ude, etc., there are many industrial hubs in Russia, and they can offer a greater variety of weapons to India. India-Russia trade is also believed to be intertwined.

Let me give you one example. Russia agrees to help India with rocket fuel technology, and India in turn, promises to buy a certain number of UralAZ trucks. Many different deals are actually interlinked. Russia can do it because it is big and diverse. Sadly, Ukraine cannot go to that extent.

Also, there is a possibility, that during the time of Yushchenko, Russian-Ukrainian relations became bad, and very bad during Russian-Georgia War, when Ukraine supported Georgia. Maybe Russia is working behind the scenes to thwart any Indian move to procure weapons from Ukraine. Not sure; I am just guessing. Lately, India has been talking with Antonov, but nothing tangible has come out of it.

You are correct about airbearing cruisers - or Taktichesky Avianosny Keryser, i.e. Tactical Aviation Cruiser, is the term I have been using.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, the Ukrainian SSR was very industrialized and Ukraine inherited those industries. Of course, Ukraine did what it did to earn money.

I am aware about Nikolayev, where Baku/Gorshkov was built, but Gorshkov was converted in Severodvinsk. Somebody made a very funny comment about Nikolayev shipyard, and he was a Russian, and you may not agree.

LINK

Anyway, the point I am making is, Ukraine needs to partner with Indian companies and enter India. Russia is a major power, and they also make a lot of good stuff. Look at Tatarstan, Udmurtiya, Nizhnyi-Tagil, Ulan-Ude, etc., there are many industrial hubs in Russia, and they can offer a greater variety of weapons to India. India-Russia trade is also believed to be intertwined.

Let me give you one example. Russia agrees to help India with rocket fuel technology, and India in turn, promises to buy a certain number of UralAZ trucks. Many different deals are actually interlinked. Russia can do it because it is big and diverse. Sadly, Ukraine cannot go to that extent.

Also, there is a possibility, that during the time of Yushchenko, Russian-Ukrainian relations became bad, and very bad during Russian-Georgia War, when Ukraine supported Georgia. Maybe Russia is working behind the scenes to thwart any Indian move to procure weapons from Ukraine. Not sure; I am just guessing. Lately, India has been talking with Antonov, but nothing tangible has come out of it.

You are correct about airbearing cruisers - or Taktichesky Avianosny Keryser, i.e. Tactical Aviation Cruiser, is the term I have been using.
India with Russia picked up thread a project МТА. He will be ready only in 2018. And in Ukraine already the tests of the same class of Аn- 178 will begin this year.
I nowise do not contrast Russia to Ukraine. I simply lead to information, that is able to do Ukraine.

pmaitra

What kind of engines to these Ukrainian vehicles use?

For the KrAZ, do they use domestically made engines? I know Volat has tied up with some European company.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
What kind of engines to these Ukrainian vehicles use?

For the KrAZ, do they use domestically made engines? I know Volat has tied up with some European company.
On an examinee machine Козак costs the engine of IVECO. In an army LAV will follow by a domestic motor.
For the army of Thailand in the BTR-3E put the German engine of DEITZ.

For the Ukrainian brigade of marines BTR- 3 goes with engine 3TD- 2 and other FCS.

There is greater motor potential in the imported engines. Power identical.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It an export variant BTR-4 "Bucéfalo". In Ukraine on an armament BTR-4 "Ladya" is accepted with the taken away battle module of Grom in the complement of which a cannon enters 3TM-2(2А42), 4 ATGM "Barier", KT - 7,62(PKT), AGS - 17 and new FCS.

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
error-----------------

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag

M113 with the battle module Grom (Гром).

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
All of it is second world war bunkum meant only for third world hungry nations who have to have a military and still fight bush wars

Akim

Professional
Country flag
All of it is second world war bunkum meant only for third world hungry nations who have to have a military and still fight bush wars
Yes, of course, install the module on an old technique - it's just an modernization. But Third World countries, for little money, have to destroy with more modern mashines.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Akim,

We are living in a nuclear age !
Well and that? Not every country, as India, possesses nuclear technologies. However you bombed it's not a victory. You know as we say: " While the eggs of infantryman will not above the trench of enemy - a fight is not complete".

Damian

This is not M113, looks like older vehicle made in USA, I need to check Hunnicutt books to be certain. But definetly not M113.

Edit: Well it looks like slightly redesigned M59. Maybe something based on it? Or perhaps redesigned M113 indeed? Hull front is closer in shape to the one of the first prototypes designated T113, but different than on M113.

We are living in a nuclear age !
If someone will use nuclear weapons, then most probably it's a game over for everyone. Besides this, nuclear weapons are not really usefull... we will be using nukes against every enemy? Please, without such idiotic jokes!

ABM capabilities some day might evolve to a very efficent system making incredibly expensive nuclear weapons even less usefull. It might end with nuclear arsenal reduction to a very small numbers as a last resort weapons, and more funds then will be avaiable for conventional armed forces.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Akim

Professional
Country flag
This is not M113, looks like older vehicle made in USA, I need to check Hunnicutt books to be certain. But definetly not M113.
Edit: Well it looks like slightly redesigned M59. Maybe something based on it? Or perhaps redesigned M113 indeed? Hull front is closer in shape to the one of the first prototypes designated T113, but different than on M113.
This is Singapore's APC. But this is important not. He could be a South Korean and Japanese I simply wanted to show that the module without key problems is put on the similar types of APCs.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles