Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

johnj

General Dynamics business units to participate in AUSA 2022

AbramsX: A main battle tank for the next generation, the AbramsX technology demonstrator features reduced weight for improved mobility and transportability, delivering the same tactical range as the M1A2 Abrams with 50% less fuel consumption. The AbramsX’s hybrid power pack supports the U.S. Army’s climate and electrification strategies, enhances silent watch capability and even allows for some silent mobility. With a reduced crew size and AI-enabled lethality, survivability, mobility, manned/unmanned teaming (MUM-T) and autonomous capabilities, AbramsX can be a key node in lethal battlefield networks and serve as a bridge from Abrams SEPv3 and SEPv4 to a future tank.

jai jaganath

Country flag
No, it is not a issue, considering engineering required in battlefield. US can use ships, super heavy & heavy lift aircraft to transport empty M1s.
AbramsX is concept vehicle now, showing what is feasible based on Abrams and weights 67 tonnes, and you having issue with 70 tonnes but not with 67 tonne concept ?
IA future MBT requirement will be whatever the govt rams down IA's throat - true, I bet french more.
70 tonnes is not an issue?
Kuch bhi pelte ho.

SEPV3 is the STOP GAP before AbramsX arrives in its final avatar. Its barely a concept vehicle now, showing what is feasible.

IA future MBT requirement will be whatever the govt rams down IA's throat - but its probably a toss up between Leclerc's future variant and K2 - though Abrams X is a wild card
Don't u guys think ngmbt pushed into IA throat

Super falcon

Country flag
Nope. U.S will later use it as a leverage to blackmail us like how they r threatening Saudi now.
If it is the case why going for F 18 which is done deal chinooks apaches P 8 Poseidon's M 777 C 130 MH Romeo's are all critical weapons USA can blackmail on these systems which are backbones now

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Time to upgrade our Arjun tanks further.

1665985337164.png

1665985568059.png

1665985386401.png

The MGCS-EMBT TD has similar sensor suite

1665985400403.png

1665985411716.png

1665985425303.png

1665985437423.png

High resolution cameras & some sensors have become economical. For sustaining losses to gun fire, etc, every few feet on tank will be covered with day/night optical sensors with advanced S/w & partially controlledby AI/ML to detect anything moving or stationary & classify it just like a human does. Action on a foe vehicle or troop will be just a click on button or touch on screen or voice command.
All types of frontline vehicles prone to attack will be requiring these features. And the backline vehicles at base, inland, reserve, are also prone to deep strike, will require require some integrated defense not just by SAMs, VShoRADS but also a hybrid Area-APS.

Arjun MBT has 1 of these sensors - the laser module detector & dazzler. It needs more optical day/night cameras with see-through-armor vision & MMW radar. I guess the APS under development will fill all the gaps.

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Is BSF without tank & infantary fighting vehicles with new next generation mines can stop pakistan on its own.
Just a curiosity
BSF is para-military unit like peace-keeping forces. In simple language, in peace time they patrol, recon & act like police & during war time they try to hold the infiltrators till the main Army arrives with whom they get merged & fight along thereafter.

mohitsingh501

Country flag
Can anti tank mine completely halt progress of enemy tanks and infantry vehicles. And what is the efficiency of anti tanks mines if it is planted in 1 square km of area of enemy tank movement And why India did not make anti tank mind like German DM22 directional mine. And which is more productive anti tank mine or anti tank missile.

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Can anti tank mine completely halt progress of enemy tanks and infantry vehicles.
Not completely bcoz upon detection or destruction of any vehicle, the anti-mine devices & clearing vehicles will be brought in. But it significantly slows the battle progress.

And what is the efficiency of anti tanks mines if it is planted in 1 square km of area of enemy tank movement
Its efficiency is not measured in area bcoz they are applied in areas of enemy infiltration & many kinds of mines exist - pressure, magnetic, proximity, trip-wire, etc. You can apply in many sq.Km. but all you need is a road-width cleared passage to get through.

And why India did not make anti tank mind like German DM22 directional mine.
Need someone from Army to answers this but what a country makes or import depends on variety of factors like area of application, strategy, tactics, enemy's arsenal, cost, shelf-life, etc.

And which is more productive anti tank mine or anti tank missile.
Different area & situation needs different strategy & tactics. Mines are far cheaper but can also be gradually be detected, destroyed, disabled. Mines may damage only the tracks. ATGM will mostly kill target especially w/o APS. Mines need more time to plan & deploy.

mohitsingh501

Country flag
In longewala war with pakistan why pakistani army choose the route through longewala post. They can enter in India where there is no army presence or where there is no land mine presence.
In the context of anti tank mine planted in a specific route/area, the enemy millitary can change the route to enter your soil from different route, so what is the benefit of anti tank/anti personnel mine if they did not surely destroy enemy tank/personnel like mortar, anti tank missile, or howitzers.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
In longewala war with pakistan why pakistani army choose the route through longewala post. They can enter in India where there is no army presence or where there is no land mine presence.
In the context of anti tank mine planted in a specific route/area, the enemy millitary can change the route to enter your soil from different route, so what is the benefit of anti tank/anti personnel mine if they did not surely destroy enemy tank/personnel like mortar, anti tank missile, or howitzers.
Watch border movie to get your answer.
Think 🤔 mohit bhai think 🤔
Pakis wanted to take , longewala post, because In a vast desert one aspires to control villages or enemy posts not some square miles of sand .
Mines stopped them , whole night in the cinema , although the actual battle was different but the purpose of mines was shown aptly

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Longewala was just a random post.... Such posts are very very common all along IB ad LOC, impossible to avoid. And not confronting it is impossible, since if they just go around it, those troops can screw them badly by attacking in rear.

Also, fun fact - Which I think even @Love Charger missed - There were no mines :rofl: :rofl:
Pakis misunderstood the random barbed wire fencing around the post to be a marker for mines, and wasted a lot of time trying to remove the "mines" that never existed.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
If it is the case why going for F 18 which is done deal chinooks apaches P 8 Poseidon's M 777 C 130 MH Romeo's are all critical weapons USA can blackmail on these systems which are backbones now
None of these are backbone, we can't take care of... We can maintain them for years and we can do without them too. We have indigenous or Russian replacement available for every product.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles