AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Front & air intake of the F-22, Wings of the YF-23, Tail of the T-50

I say very good! don't reinvent the wheel... take best of whatever existing designs are available... the result has to be great!!!

trackwhack

The f22 came off the yf 22. There are conspiracies that the yf 23 was better. The elongated fuselage is still a mystery though. Can someone post a scale and some basic measurements please.

And how long before some basic stealth specs are arrived at?

binayak95

Country flag

Agreed. The wing design is similar.

The rest is different from the YF23.

prestigiousindian

The older wind tunnel testing lokked more of a 5th gen fighter but the new one from the sides looks more like WWII era spitfire type, trapezoidal kind of wings long fuselage...

binayak95

Country flag
The video shows only one central innteral weapons bay. Don't you think its a bit less??

binayak95

Country flag
after SEAD missions they can have external weapons
Yeah but I guess the AMCA will be doing less damage per sortie in the initial days of any conflict. And carrying external weapons means risking getting picked up on radar.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The video shows only one central innteral weapons bay. Don't you think its a bit less??
Looks like artist's impression but really realistic, can't say about additional internal bays but this animation will be close to the final model :thumb: Perhaps ADA's official animation !?

Last edited:

prestigiousindian

I dont see how a single internal bay can suffice or is the weapon bay been designed to carry more missiles in it ??

rahulrds1

Superb wing design!

Best Ever Fifth Generation Fighter Plane Design! among all the 5th Generation Fighter planes!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I dont see how a single internal bay can suffice or is the weapon bay been designed to carry more missiles in it ??
It's a Medium class fighter, so I don't think it needs large or more than one internal bays after all Pak-Fa and F22 are heavy class fighters.

Superb wing design!

Best Ever Fifth Generation Fighter Plane Design! among all the 5th Generation Fighter planes!
Yeah, I am also thinking the same after watching it from all the angles.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles