AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Ok I believe was just asking in case you have.
did he tell anything about specs
EOTS is there ,but something about removable , DAS is present ,no irst ,proper DAS , no increment in mk1 weapons bay , it's fixed .

He won't comment on amca mk2 ,even if you beg him .

Something about passive antenna and some active elements around the body for radar and ew

SavageKing456

Country flag
EOTS is there ,but something about removable , DAS is present ,no irst ,proper DAS , no increment in mk1 weapons bay , it's fixed .

He won't comment on amca mk2 ,even if you beg him .

Something about passive antenna and some active elements around the body for radar and ew
How does he know all this the project is not yet handed over to hal

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
No I mean official proof ,that is, directly from Horse's Mouth. AMCA Project Director skipped the question in DDR interveiw just answered there will be something similar to DAS.
Maybe due to project being too eye catching and raising multiple questions ,and info is kept secret on it

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
No I mean official proof ,that is, directly from Horse's Mouth. AMCA Project Director skipped the question in DDR interveiw just answered there will be something similar to DAS.
What so special about this DAS? It's just MAWS + VR + An expansive cool looking helmet. I have a homemade DAS made specially for my Maruti Alto. It gives me 360° coverage just like F35. If IAF wants i can make few for their AMCA too.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
What so special about this DAS? It's just MAWS + VR + An expansive cool looking helmet. I have a homemade DAS made specially for my Maruti Alto. It gives me 360° coverage just like F35. If IAF wants i can make few for their AMCA too.
1636825288522.jpeg

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Also is FBO a revolutionary capability? I think it will only improve control sensitivity over current FBW making the plane more nimble- which is a good to have, but does nothing for stealth the primary aim. 5th gen isn't expected to be very agile with no canards etc so what aim does FBO achieve? Probably a better fit on Mk2.
FBO benefits:
1. Fibre optics not susceptible to Electro-Magnetic Interference.
2. Lighter in weight compared to FBW.
3. Higher bandwidth.
4. More power efficient compared to FBW.

MonaLazy

FBO benefits:
1. Fibre optics not susceptible to Electro-Magnetic Interference.
What about the transceivers doing the electric to light (& reverse) conversion at either end of the fibre optic? Surely they can be fried?

2. Lighter in weight compared to FBW.
True all weight savings go to increase payload but also more fragile? how to deal with cuts in the fibre optics from usual wear and tear caused by rigours of flight?

3. Higher bandwidth.
Do you really need a bandwidth of over 60 Tbps vs 10 Gbps of copper wires? We aren't exactly streaming 8K movies on a fighter plane.

4. More power efficient compared to FBW.
but has the humble copper cable ever been accused of consuming too much onboard power? I would assume the radar & its cooling system, sensors, actuators, LADs, landing gears to be bigger hoggers of onboard power.

FBO seems to solve a flight problem that does not exist.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Indian scientists discover materials that self-repair mechanical damages

Posted On: 24 JUL 2021 5:10PM by PIB Delhi

New materials may soon make it possible for damaged electronic components, such as in space crafts, to mend themselves. The materials recently developed by scientists can repair their own mechanical damages with the electrical charges generated by the mechanical impact on them.
View attachment 117677View attachment 117678

Publication link: doi: 10.1126/science.abg3886
This material has promises beyond the aerospace industry. Are the big tech houses in India looking? Hello!?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What about the transceivers doing the electric to light (& reverse) conversion at either end of the fibre optic? Surely they can be fried?
The mil grade ICs tend to be protected/shielded from EMF and photonic component tend to more resilient to EMF.
The reason why Fibre is said to be more tolerant to noise and EMF because in case of copper wire the copper core tends to behave like a good antenna that generates and transmits EMF and is a very good receiver of EMF which intern distorts the signal and in-extreme case can damage the transceiver.
Their are lot of practical problem (runtime/dynamic)when using copper wires.
True all weight savings go to increase payload but also more fragile? how to deal with cuts in the fibre optics from usual wear and tear caused by rigours of flight?
Fibre wire used in aircarft is quite shielded and are not like the Jio or Airtel FTTH wire that come to our residence.
A typical general purpose fibre wire cross-section.
1636867770904.png

An armored fibre cable

1636868184787.png

Do you really need a bandwidth of over 60 Tbps vs 10 Gbps of copper wires? We aren't exactly streaming 8K movies on a fighter plane.
Absolutely true but Fibre may have an advantage in terms of latency. Again a lot depends on the architecture of the system.
but has the humble copper cable ever been accused of consuming too much onboard power? I would assume the radar & its cooling system, sensors, actuators, LADs, landing gears to be bigger hoggers of onboard power.
Not quite true. Power needs to be analyzed in details terms of avionics as a laser diode for fiber is more power intensive than driving a copper wire.

Global Defence

Articles