AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Ghost hale

Country flag
Well it wasnt me who made a fool out of myself, so you might be the one who needs to watch "videos".
First watch the shared video. Secondly no one made fool out of anyone. I read Astra MK1 dimensions are not for IWB. Now in this video director is saying all available can be used in general term means it can be used. I got corrected. That doesn't mean i was wrong. It the new info i got now. Have open mind to take up new info instead of being rigid. It is developing project. And by such half read comments u r making fool out of u.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
First watch the shared video. Secondly no one made fool out of anyone. I read Astra MK1 dimensions are not for IWB. Now in this video director is saying all available can be used in general term means it can be used. I got corrected. That doesn't mean i was wrong. It the new info i got now. Have open mind to take up new info instead of being rigid. It is developing project. And by such half read comments u r making fool out of u.

@DaruPK didnt get u bro
You said it wont fit, but you were wrong.
Isnt that called being proven wrong?
Well whatever..

Ghost hale

Country flag
You said it wont fit, but you were wrong.
Isnt that called being proven wrong?
Well whatever..
Bro i said i got corrected means i was wrong and was corrected from video. This was contrary to what i knew. So i agree since director is saying he must obviously be knowing more than me. I said i knew something now i got update on that so its fine. U mentioned made fool of urself, I had exception to that.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
sir can you explain how r interferometer enabled rwr can detect planes and at what range is it possible, i know weapon quality track isn't possible but how does it work?
First of all ,i am turning 17 this march , so i am not sir dude

Well , according to my info , interferometer are basically based on destructive and constructive interference phenomenon , in case of any hostile radar beam is falling on your aircraft and your rwr has similar frequency than the interference phenomenon happening , help it to alert of being tracked by hostile radar , for tracking it uses multiple beam and image down/ track hostile object .
I doubt it's accuracy , due to the phenomenon used require high power for high accuracy , mostly found on helis , range in my knowledge can't be higher than 60-70 km , can't say confidently though .

I didn't get ur second question

SARTHAK

Country flag
Yes. To a degree... We still don't know the exact dimensions of the new versions. It's ever-changing.

I think they increased the volume of internal weapons bay, by bulging the belly below & to the sides. That's my conclusion from shifting the front view. Could be incorrect.

You should just Google & read the basics. Too much offtopic rambling required for that. @Lonewolf explained well. I'll just add a bit.

IRST is Infrared imaging system that identifies & tracks the IR signature of jets & incoming. Limited to 60km.

EOTS is a electro-optical version of it that combines TV & IR for better imaging, target identification & tracking, weapons guidance. (You won't need seperate targetting pod, meant for stealthy strike).

DAS is the latest (& somewhat unproven) all direction integrated infrared tracking tech, meant for better situational awareness. Not for attack or wrapping guidance, but more of a defensive role.... If future this will workaas MAWS & direct the DIRCM to counter IIR-guided AAM.
to correct you sir
qwip based irst hve much greater range 90km (approx)
maws are shortened version of irst with only mid wave ir band hence
eo das is not a very complicated tech as it has both long wave and mid wave ir band so basically eo das is an upgrade of dc maws ,moreover ada can easily conceal the capability and call their eo das as "dc maws upgraded" rafale has something similar called ddm ng (2 ir sensors on the tail) though not specified but presumably working in mid wave but can be upgraded to younger sibling of eo das.The challenge lies is the software coding for redcing the false alarm rates and better optimization of sensors for detection.As amca will start testing in 2024 we can hope to get eo das(dc maws upgraded) in tejas mk2 by 2026

SARTHAK

Country flag

Well , according to my info , interferometer are basically based on destructive and constructive interference phenomenon , in case of any hostile radar beam is falling on your aircraft and your rwr has similar frequency than the interference phenomenon happening , help it to alert of being tracked by hostile radar , for tracking it uses multiple beam and image down/ track hostile object .
I doubt it's accuracy , due to the phenomenon used require high power for high accuracy , mostly found on helis , range in my knowledge can't be higher than 60-70 km , can't say confidently though .

i called you sir because you hve knowledge about aviation and most probably better than me because i am commerce student just following the updates on indian defense

SARTHAK

Country flag

i am satisfied with ur answer thanks!
of so rwr can just give a faint idea of direction from where the threat is coming ,right?
interfer.PNG

these set of features of spectra or probably any modern ew system confused me, as you see the last line says" target coordination generation for weapon employment"
BTW, as you explained in that case rwr with eo das like system would be handy against stealth fighter ,even if weapon employment is not possible then the plane can shoot a narrow beam of radar at stealth fighter that can detct it.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The challenge lies is the software coding for redcing the false alarm rates and better optimization of sensors for detection
Exactly. Thus i called them unproven. Lot of stuff has shown promise some theory but turned out not so effective in practice.

SARTHAK

Country flag

i got something https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/rwresm-and-passive-geolocation/ look for "phase interferometer" its informative but complicated ,i didnt understand anything :tongue:

would be gr8ful if you could explain more about the mentioned technique

SARTHAK

Country flag
Exactly. Thus i called them unproven. Lot of stuff has shown promise some theory but turned out not so effective in practice.
calling them unproven is understimating ,i know usaf and lm hve knack of exaggerating things (1500km range for eo das) but still it could be useful against stealth enemy even if weapon employment is not possible .as i read a statement of usaf pilot eodas and radar of f35 can work together in a way that,das can paint a faint picture of stealthy enemy and radar(in narrow beam) can be focused on that fighter, even if actual range of eodas is 100km for fighter it wud be useful

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
calling them unproven is understimating ,i know usaf and lm hve knack of exaggerating things (1500km range for eo das) but still it could be useful against stealth enemy even if weapon employment is not possible .as i read a statement of usaf pilot eodas and radar of f35 can work together in a way that,das can paint a faint picture of stealthy enemy and radar(in narrow beam) can be focused on that fighter, even if actual range of eodas is 100km for fighter it wud be useful
Have they been proven in combat?.. That makes than unproven.

Take for example, when heat-seeker missiles first came USAF remove guns from their jets, & then had to promptly bring them back because how unreliable those missiles turned out to be in the field. I'm talking of similar possibility.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Have they been proven in combat?.. That makes than unproven.

Take for example, when heat-seeker missiles first came USAF remove guns from their jets, & then had to promptly bring them back because how unreliable those missiles turned out to be in the field. I'm talking of similar possibility.
i agree ,but still hve an arguement ,isn't eo das just like mutiple irst on different arreas of aircraft and isn't irst proven? it is proven

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
i got something https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/rwresm-and-passive-geolocation/ look for "phase interferometer" its informative but complicated ,i didnt understand anything :tongue:

In utmost layman term

Phase is defined by similarities between two waves , for that frequency of waves must be same or almost same , amplitude (height between axis and top most point ) can be different , but not too much otherwise interference can't be observed , now superimposition phenomenon occur when two waves travelling in same path , come across each other , it's like you have to take addition of height of both wave at each point , like one wave have height of 1nm above axis at one point , while other have .5 nm below axis , average would be .5 nm above axis.

So when two waves out of phase , completely opposite diagram , interfere then it appears as there is no wave
IMG20210222184428.jpg

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

RCI is having experience in Interferometry meanwhile DARE is also having experience in developing RWR . May be they both together are developing new RWR for AMCA or such capability already exists in newly developed RWR NG.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
@Bleh I feel that ADA is in fact going for a Distributed Aperture System for AMCA, why? See this...
View attachment 79130

The backward vision of pilot will be restricted due to the cockpit shape in back, hence how will a pilot face backwards and see the bandits if the cockpit restricts backward vision? DAS!!!
Aren't contemporary modern aircraft and future aircraft almost completely relying on sensors instead of pilot eye for sensing all other aircraft whether back or forward.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
i agree ,but still hve an arguement ,isn't eo das just like mutiple irst on different arreas of aircraft and isn't irst proven? it is proven
Actually in modern combat , number of sensor , don't matter much than bandwidth in which you can track and search , it helps in better situational awareness , eots with 1300 km range is BS ,it track after input from other system , better option should be a long range radar with wide operation frequency coupled with 4π sterdian situational awareness sensor operating in wide frequency , with fly by optic flight computer giving better control on aircraft , with high degree of sensor fusion between tracking and ew suite and a good weapon configuration with 360 degree missile deployment capability .

I have read that drdo is working on rose radome of amca for a wider frequency band , with radar on steerable mount and we mught see cheek mounted radar , instead of that under nose Eots ,they should Integrate it with DAS, on whole body .

If anyone can find , there was a info on how drdo is planning situational awareness in amca, it's radar will be something to watch.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles