AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Aren't contemporary modern aircraft and future aircraft almost completely relying on sensors instead of pilot eye for sensing all other aircraft whether back or forward.
That’s why I said DAS is present for sure.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Aren't contemporary modern aircraft and future aircraft almost completely relying on sensors instead of pilot eye for sensing all other aircraft whether back or forward.
Neh , somewhat vision is required for wearable cockpit configuration , amca will have a much better hmds with voice command Ai , in wvr combat , visibility will play a role ,till we don't see some guardian of Galaxy type ship

SARTHAK

Country flag
Actually in modern combat , number of sensor , don't matter much than bandwidth in which you can track and search , it helps in better situational awareness , eots with 1300 km range is BS ,it track after input from other system , better option should be a long range radar with wide operation frequency coupled with 4π sterdian situational awareness sensor operating in wide frequency , with fly by optic flight computer giving better control on aircraft , with high degree of sensor fusion between tracking and ew suite and a good weapon configuration with 360 degree missile deployment capability .

I have read that drdo is working on rose radome of amca for a wider frequency band , with radar on steerable mount and we mught see cheek mounted radar , instead of that under nose Eots ,they should Integrate it with DAS, on whole body .

If anyone can find , there was a info on how drdo is planning situational awareness in amca, it's radar will be something to watch.
thanks for explanation! i think conformal antenna is also in line for amca,

SARTHAK

Country flag
In utmost layman term

Phase is defined by similarities between two waves , for that frequency of waves must be same or almost same , amplitude (height between axis and top most point ) can be different , but not too much otherwise interference can't be observed , now superimposition phenomenon occur when two waves travelling in same path , come across each other , it's like you have to take addition of height of both wave at each point , like one wave have height of 1nm above axis at one point , while other have .5 nm below axis , average would be .5 nm above axis.

So when two waves out of phase , completely opposite diagram , interfere then it appears as there is no wave
View attachment 79360
thanks for your efforts!

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
one more question how do u see the capabilities of l band radars(for ew and other purpose) on su 57? is it something new? how capable is it?
Nothing sort of new , they are just marketing it such. , The position on wings is something to be appreciated but not something out of the box , you can call them radar , other will develop similar avionic wil call it something else , it's just a ew equipment , only thing that amaze me is dircm in it , that's something i like .
cheek mounted radar is also something nice

SARTHAK

Country flag
It's a must for a true stealth fighter
i recently asked mja Augustine sir (mig 21pilot) on twitter about rwr and how they detect emissions and can they provide weapon quality track through interferometry tech,he said it is not possible foe single ship but if multiple ships are flying then weapon employment is possible at medium ranges

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
i recently asked mja Augustine sir (mig 21pilot) on twitter about rwr and how they detect emissions and can they provide weapon quality track through interferometry tech,he said it is not possible foe single ship but if multiple ships are flying then weapon employment is possible at medium ranges
Don't know much but apache is advertised with such a system , better ask harhvardhan thakur , if he reply then you can get some legit good info

SARTHAK

Country flag
Nothing sort of new , they are just marketing it such. , The position on wings is something to be appreciated but not something out of the box , you can call them radar , other will develop similar avionic wil call it something else , it's just a ew equipment , only thing that amaze me is dircm in it , that's something i like .
cheek mounted radar is also something nice
hvt sir said dircm is not THAT effective

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
hvt sir said dircm is not THAT effective
Yeah but still , dircm was not a expected avionic in fighters , it is basically for helis mainly .
That's why i find it intriguing , usefulness is something only user can tell

SARTHAK

Country flag
the pic is much shared over forums but what i want to know the sensors used for weapon track consolidation
the white dots in the (left -down) corner show the sensors,afaik it is ddmng(labelled as ir) and rest pls tell if anyone has idea?
Captureddm.PNG
Captureddm.PNG
Captureddm.PNG

Trololo

Country flag
Somewhere I feel the AMCA will suffer due to IAF's bad specs. In the sense that it has only 4 BVRs in the bay. I expected weapons load in stealth mode to be higher.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Somewhere I feel the AMCA will suffer due to IAF's bad specs. In the sense that it has only 4 BVRs in the bay. I expected weapons load in stealth mode to be higher.
AMCA with CATS should solve that issue.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I can’t understand one thing, it’s weight and weapon carrying capacity and all is similar to any medium category fighter, now many would say that it is Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft then its ought to be a Medium aircraft, but then it employs huge amount of Composite materials and DSI intake yet it’s weapon carrying weight and everything is not equivalent to a medium-heavy category aircraft. As Composite materials and DSI intake reduce the aircraft’s weaight by a huge huge margin, plus it also has Fly-by-optics instead of the Fly-by-wire which is also lightweight, so it’s empty weight should be equal to a medium weight fighter but every other spec should be of a medium-heavy fighter, shouldn’t it?

Ghost hale

Country flag
I can’t understand one thing, it’s weight and weapon carrying capacity and all is similar to any medium category fighter, now many would say that it is Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft then its ought to be a Medium aircraft, but then it employs huge amount of Composite materials and DSI intake yet it’s weapon carrying weight and everything is not equivalent to a medium-heavy category aircraft. As Composite materials and DSI intake reduce the aircraft’s weaight by a huge huge margin, plus it also has Fly-by-optics instead of the Fly-by-wire which is also lightweight, so it’s empty weight should be equal to a medium weight fighter but every other spec should be of a medium-heavy fighter, shouldn’t it?
Not sure about ur question in this but IWB capacity is being questioned by many and that is mainly design part. Overall carrying capacity is comparable to other Aircafts.

SARTHAK

Country flag
for every one arguing on amca internal weapon bay ,do understand one thing this config is not final there is still time for amca to come out(i know wht sir said in the vid but still there is scope for improvement as there is lot of time)no less than six missies will be employed ! trust me

BlackViking

Country flag
for every one arguing on amca internal weapon bay ,do understand one thing this config is not final there is still time for amca to come out(i know wht sir said in the vid but still there is scope for improvement as there is lot of time)no less than six missies will be employed ! trust me
No. I have trust issues

Ghost hale

Country flag
I can't say about six missile, but i think a better interview guy would have definitely helped that interview.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Will it have sidebays? I don’t think so. Coz for that they’ll need to increase it’s size and capacity Which is impossible if they want to achieve the desired timeline.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles