AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

airtel

Country flag
please somebody tell me the specifications of AMCA ..............................
specifications written on wikipedia are unrealistic .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
IMG_20160903_000039.JPG

LiveFist
New Images From India’s AMCA Programme
August 31 · Public
India’s 5th Generation Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) is progressing well now in its second phase of development with several parts of the aircraft and configuration locked.
Just chanced upon this new image from the AMCA’s stealth structures workshop at the National Aerospace Laboratory, providing an updated view of the engineering going into the serpentine intakes of the concept jet.

The above image follows the series of photographs and technical illustrations accessed by Livefist over the years, depicting the engineering approach to the AMCA’s low-observability surfaces. Some of the previous ones:

And finally, chanced upon this — a full AMCA mission scenario simulator is up and running at the Aeronautical Development Agency, Bengaluru. Here, it is:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
written on wikipedia is unrealistic .
How can you say that?
US, Russia and PRC are flying with similar specs, why can't we?
Are you yourself a part of project?
If no, please don't come up with any judgemental response.

airtel

Country flag
How can you say that?
US, Russia and PRC are flying with similar specs, why can't we?
AMCA
  • Empty weight: 14 tons (31000 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 24 tons (53000 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 36 tonnes with 4 tonnes of internal weapons and 4 tonnes of internal fuel.[7] (79,366 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × K 9+ or K 10 engine afterburning turbofan, 125 kN of thrust each, means 250 kn
  • Combat radius: 1000 Km

Lockheed Martin F-35 A

• Empty weight: 13,199 kg)
  • Loaded weight:22,470 kg
  • Max. takeoff weight: 31,800 kg
  • Internal fuel capacity:8,382 kg
  • Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney F135 afterburning turbofan
    • Dry thrust: (125 kN)
    • Thrust with afterburner: (191 kN)
  • Combat radius: 1,158 km

that means heavier AMCA with just 4000kg fuel , twice Engines & more thrust has combat radius comparable to F-35 which is lighter & has 8383kg Internal fuel & single engine .

both have similar aerodynamic designs so how this is possible ??

i am not part of the project this is why I am asking for specifications .

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
PAK-FA

• Empty weight: 18,000 kg (39,680 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 25,000 kg (55,115 lb) typical mission weight, 29,270 kg (64,530 lb) at full load
  • Max. takeoff weight: 35,000 kg (77,160 lb)
that means AMCA has more "Max weight carrying capacity" than Pak-fa .?? really ??............

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
AMCA
  • Max. takeoff weight: 36 tonnes with 4 tonnes of internal weapons and 4 tonnes of internal fuel.[7] (79,366 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × K 9+ or K 10 engine afterburning turbofan, 125 kN of thrust each, means 250 kn
Lockheed Martin F-35 A

that means heavier AMCA with just 4000kg fuel , twice Engines & more thrust has combat radius comparable to F-35 which is lighter & has 8383kg Internal fuel & single engine .

PAK-FA

• Empty weight: 18,000 kg (39,680 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 25,000 kg (55,115 lb) typical mission weight, 29,270 kg (64,530 lb) at full load
  • Max. takeoff weight: 35,000 kg (77,160 lb)
that means AMCA has more "Max weight carrying capacity" than Pak-fa .?? really ??............
Bhai, I have already told you na.
Till the prototype doesn't fly, there's no problem assumin these specs.
Why can't AMCA get more Max. Take Off Capacity than PAK-FA?

Do Indians have feet towards back, horns on head or a tail that we can't stand against Russia? Or Russians are Gods?
Dhruv and LCH are from same country.

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
Bhai, I have already told you na.
Till the prototype doesn't fly, there's no problem assumin these specs.
Why can't AMCA get more Max. Take Off Capacity than PAK-FA?

Do Indians have feet towards back, horns on head or a tail that we can't stand against Russia? Or Russians are Gods?
Dhruv and LCH are from same country.
dont be emotional ............................

for such kind of weight carrying capacity , maximum speed of
Mach 2.5+& service ceiling of 18 km ,High maneuverability ........etc

we need powerful engines , 125 kn engine is not enough , Russians will use Izdeliye-30 with 167kn thrust on pak-fa.................still less weight carrying capacity than AMCA , Maximum speed of 2 mach?
J-20 has maximum weight carrying capacity of 36 ton & they will use 180 kn engines .

F-22 has maximum weight carrying capacity of 38 ton , two 156 Kn engines (that will be upgraded soon ) &
8,200 kg Internal fuel capacity ,combat radius of F-22 is just 852 Km ..........

How AMCA will achieve combat radius of of 1000Km with just 4000 kg fuel ??

these specifications of AMCA are highly unrealistic .........

Last edited:

smestarz

Country flag
Tejas carries abt 2500 kgs fuel,
Rafale carries about 4700 kgs
Su-30 MKI about 9640 0 kgs.internally http://www.defenseworld.net/news/14...y_on_par__Indian_Aviation_Expert#.V8o9aDXeMoM
which is twice more than Rafale.
Thus with just 4 tons of Fuel AMCA better have very very very efficient engines, else it might be just a bigger size plane with same range as Tejas and hence becomes again a short range MRCA.
Thus in my view, the internal fuel will be more than 5000 kgs at least. which is my best guess. AMCA is expected to be in weight range between say MiG-29/Rafale and say Su-30 MKI and thus it will need more fuel if its expected to carry about 8 tons plus war load. Based on these specs,.. empty weight is abt 14 tons, fully loaded 24 tons, and with internal fuel of 4 tons that will be just 6 tons war load. Tejas carries about 3.5 tons of war load, So,, I guess something wrong with the AMCA specs given

we need powerful engines , 125 kn engine is not enough , Russians will use Izdeliye-30 with 167kn thrust on pak-fa.................still less weight carrying capacity than AMCA , Maximum speed of 2 mach?
J-20 has maximum weight carrying capacity of 36 ton & they will use 180 kn engines .

F-22 has maximum weight carrying capacity of 38 ton , two 156 Kn engines (that will be upgraded soon ) &
8,200 kg Internal fuel capacity ,combat radius of F-22 is just 852 Km ..........

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Empty weight: 14 tons (31000 lb)
This seems very very high. When rafale weighs between 8 to 9 tons, what there is AMCA which is going to increase the weight by 5 tons additionally? I believe that AMCA should weigh less than 9 tons with internal fuel of somewhere in the range of 5+-0.5 tons and it should carry 7+-1 ton payload. Then only it can be a medium combact aicraft elase it shall be a heavy aircraft like SU 30 MKI.

airtel

Country flag
This seems very very high. When rafale weighs between 8 to 9 tons, what there is AMCA which is going to increase the weight by 5 tons additionally? I believe that AMCA should weigh less than 9 tons with internal fuel of somewhere in the range of 5+-0.5 tons and it should carry 7+-1 ton payload. Then only it can be a medium combact aicraft elase it shall be a heavy aircraft like SU 30 MKI.
Medium combat Aircraft is useless ......................Future Aircraft need so many sensors ,pods & Lasers etc that require space , Rafael is not stealth so it will carry weapons externally but AMCA will carry internally ...........................that means we need bigger Aircraft .
F-35 is also facing problems of less space .

14 ton weight is ok .......

but engine is Under-powered & there should be at least 7 ton Internal fuel capacity .

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

I think they are not specs but "Targets" since no prototype has ever been made, please don't stay confused mate. If achieved they will become specs, if not failed targets. Plus wikipedia uses to many sources making the topic a cocktail.

airtel

Country flag
This is serpentine air intake of AURA program whose intake starts at and above nose section, going through the spine and meeting turbine intake fan, just like nEURon's.

After the cancellation of M-MRCA tender, Shiv Aroor seems to have lost it completely.

AURA

nEURon
yes you are right , that is serpentine Air intake of Aura...............

i think this AURA is not related to nEURon ...............it is inspired by Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel ..................which was hacked & captured by Iran ................

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_RQ-170_Sentinel

and then Iran reverse engineered this >>>

i think iran gave blueprint of Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel to Russia & India and may be China too .

Superdefender

AMCA
Lockheed Martin F-35 A

Atlast someone raised the exact question I asked when I got here.
How can AMCA have 4tons of internal fuel where as F-35 has 8tons?! I
have not got yet any satisfactory answer. And in no way, a medium jet
can have MTOW equals to a heavier jet. I can understand engine part.
Being a single engine fighter, F-35 had to choose more 191kN thrust
class. Still it has low speed and poor manueveribility. AMCA will have
2x116kN=232kN minimum thrust. Being fisrt class aerodynamic design, AMCA
will have mach 2.5+ speed and mach 1.8 speed in supercruise (top speed of
Rafale). Also I am optimistic that it will have over 1,000km range. I have no doubt in speed. But I can't understand the infuel capacity
and the inweapon capacity of AMCA as it is same weight class as F-35. May AMCA
becomes no. 1 dangerous 5th gen medium fighter when inducted....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles