AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Delay is accounted for. Realistically things won't get certified and ready for induction until 2027-28. At best we will see a production run start at that same time period. Unless they go with 2 squadrons in IOC condition.
It is foc from start ,no ioc

Vamsi

Country flag
It is foc from start ,no ioc
No , 1st 2 prototypes will be of IOC standard and last 2 will be FOC. If ADA want it to enter service by 2026, then order for atleast the 1st squadron must be placed in 2023 itself.

Trololo

Country flag
Yep, this is the most important of all and I wish Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria to be the next CDS.
RKS will retire end of the year I think. BiRa still has a couple of years to go. Can RKS be brought back from retirement? Recall that BiRa was posted as CDS as soon as he retired from army.

Kchontha

Country flag
Suppose if one tejas crashes unfortunately then what will happen? Gurus pls illuminate.

MonaLazy

Rafale deal value is reported to be $7.8 billion for 36 aircraft. More than $200 million cost per Rafale.
That's the figure in €s.

€7.87B = $8.84B = ₹59000 crores

Thats a cool $246M dollar per plane! The differential in per aircraft cost you missed in this casual slip is funnily more than the fly-away price of one whole Tejas! :pound:

Spitfire9

Country flag
That's the figure in €s.

Thats a cool $246M dollar per plane! The differential in per aircraft cost you missed in this casual slip is funnily more than the fly-away price of one whole Tejas! :pound:
Thanks for the correction.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
No , 1st 2 prototypes will be of IOC standard and last 2 will be FOC. If ADA want it to enter service by 2026, then order for atleast the 1st squadron must be placed in 2023 itself.
There are only 3 proto planned and not 4. The third proto is expected to be the production standard aircrafts. And as of now, thrte are now IOC or FOC prototype. Iaf will kill it then and there and rightly so. So IAF wants Mk2 to be a final product atleast hardware wise from its first delivered AC. Based on inputs on 2 prototypes expected to fly by 2024, IAF will decide on when to order them.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
150kN engines? A ~100kN engine is going into MWF, TEDBF, AMCA Mk1 and 110kN is needed for AMCA Mk2. All these airframes could be covered by a 110kN engine with potential for thrust to be be increased by 10%-20% without a big redesign. Correct me if I'm wrong (ignorant about jet engines) but I imagine that a 35%+ increase in thrust to 150kN would require a major redesign or a completely new engine.
Its a satire from his part... Where is the common sense lost in the forum ?

And Yes 150 kn engine could be slightly bigger and different depends on the tech available at that time.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
That's the figure in €s.

That's not how the price of a jet is calculated though. The price is 91 mn Euro around for us.

Rest goes to 2 maintenance bases cost weapons spare etc etc.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Delay is accounted for. Realistically things won't get certified and ready for induction until 2027-28. At best we will see a production run start at that same time period. Unless they go with 2 squadrons in IOC condition.
We have a psychic 👇🏻 in our forum! He predicted it 9 years ago!😅
People have some balls posing in this thread. I guarantee those who are 18 years old now will be 35 years old by the time you see the AMCA.

You wanna bet with me? I have enough experience with LCA in my life, the dam jinxed bird wont take off.
Only hope for things going according to this timeline is if China keep pushing us/govt the way it is right now!
they don’t trust Russia with china & cant rely on West! Hence atmnirbhar bharat the only solution!

Spitfire9

Country flag
That's not how the price of a jet is calculated though. The price is 91 mn Euro around for us.

Rest goes to 2 maintenance bases cost weapons spare etc etc.
OK, so $111 million Rafale flyaway versus $43 million MK1A flyaway.

As you say, there are a lot of extra costs, one being weapons integration. Is India going to integrate Indian weapons on Rafale (cost = peanuts)? If not what is the extra cost of Dassault doing it (cost = an awful lot of peanuts)?

Kchontha

Country flag
Plane like rafale is just like a sniper, so you dont need these plane in large number, same thing will apply to amca when it enters service. Therefore we need easy to maintain a 4++ gen aircraft which should be the mainstay of iaf, that is where mwf or orca fits in. But also plenty of room is left for other expensive foriegn fighters so we need someone like parrikarji all the time to see the indigenius products to see day lights.

Starlight

Country flag
I hear the USN might be interested in the Naval version of the LCA for training pilots on a supersonic trainer, they are retiring to goshawk and the Talon.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I hear the USN might be interested in the Naval version of the LCA for training pilots on a supersonic trainer, they are retiring to goshawk and the Talon.
Tejas has 0 chances, only American aircraft will be bought even if LCA LiFT is better than the American competitors.

Starlight

Country flag
Plane like rafale is just like a sniper, so you dont need these plane in large number, same thing will apply to amca when it enters service. Therefore we need easy to maintain a 4++ gen aircraft which should be the mainstay of iaf, that is where mwf or orca fits in. But also plenty of room is left for other expensive foriegn fighters so we need someone like parrikarji all the time to see the indigenius products to see day lights.
Tejas has 0 chances, only American aircraft will be bought even if LCA LiFT is better than the American competitors.
Yes but what competition is available for a supersonic trainer? The South Korean fighter, on offer is based on the F-16 and a naval version isn't a very desirable design. Also the ORCA if chosen with a twin engine setup and GE engines sould safely bring up the chances if entered into a competitive race.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yes but what competition is available for a supersonic trainer? The South Korean fighter, on offer is based on the F-16 and a naval version isn't a very desirable design. Also the ORCA if chosen with a twin engine setup and GE engines sould safely bring up the chances if entered into a competitive race.
T-7A will win, USN wants first aircraft by 2028, plenty of time till it becomes a naval aircraft.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles