AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Ghost hale

Country flag
How much power does present bars radar use , as i remember that one is high on power
As per the article benefits of GaN

1. Lower on-resistance giving lower conductance losses
  2. Faster devices yielding fewer switching losses
  3. Less capacitance resulting in fewer losses when charging and discharging devices
  4. Less power needed to drive the circuit
  5. Smaller devices taking up less space on the printed circuit board
  6. Lower cost
I seriously hate both of u. Had to revise my electronics after so much time.
1 . Didn't checked bars radar power usage. Just checked power and TRMs known for Tejas uttam aesa and extrapolated it. Its 98KN(MK2) with 992 TRMs. We have 123 KN with current with AL 31s. 1200-1300 TRM seems in ball park what are being suggested in various portals.

2 . "GaN is considered a wide-bandgap material compared to GaAs, with a bandgap of about 3.4 eV for GaN compared to 1.4 eV for GaAs. " That clearly means higher voltage required which is further stated as "GaN, on the other hand, has come to be known as a power process, capable of fabricating active devices for amplifiers that can operate at voltages of +48 V dc and higher."

Source : https://www.mwrf.com/materials/article/21846823/whats-the-difference-between-gan-and-gaas#:~:text=GaN, on the other hand,48 V dc and higher.&text=GaN is considered a wide,to 1.4 eV for GaAs.

3. Less Power to drive circuit means operational loses are less as GaN has better signal to noise ration compared to GaAs. Higher Voltage give higher frequency operation capability which is helped by "The critical breakdown voltage field determines the highest voltage that can be safely applied to a solid-state device, and the breakdown electric field of GaN, at 4 × 106 V/cm, is much higher than the 5 × 105 V/cm of GaAs".

I am not sure how much simpler I made it. U can throw question. Will brush up my electronics like this. Maybe I find something more in the process.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Indian government should give contracts to private companies for technologies, not just manufacturing components. Tonbo imaging if it gets the fund can make an EOTS like the F-35 with DRDO.
MWF is coming in 2022.. AMCA in 2024.
They're not at same stages of development.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles