AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Spitfire9

Country flag
i really do not think that the amount is $2 Billion. its definitely more and the govt is and will not disclose as long as it gets the engine.
I think you are right. I have little idea what RR would spend developing a new 110kN engine. I don't see how the cost could not be disclosed since GOI would have to get approval for the funds involved, wouldn't it?

SARTHAK

Country flag
I think you are right. I have little idea what RR would spend developing a new 110kN engine. I don't see how the cost could not be disclosed since GOI would have to get approval for the funds involved, wouldn't it?
also it is probably the best time to go for engine for amca as ir stealth of new engines wud be considerably improved keeping in mind 6 th gen tech , secondary cooling channels,high bypass ratio and serrated nozzle should be incorporated into amca engine with tech assistance from rr

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
We should develop a next gen engine for AMCA keeping in mind the future.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
GOI can go Arihant way for the engine. they have that option i think. u can say its a strategic asset and cannot disclose anything.
We can get a general cost by comparing it to other engines in the category. but real cost of development and IP right we might never know.
i think RR would be asked to develop something new and it should not be based on EJ200.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Yes I am, but it is mentioned, purchase our maal. So no choice but MCX. Else I’ll be sticking around to IWI Arad.
But we have to show the Americans some really big bucks if we have to cool it down
How much is the carbine deal worth?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
But we have to show the Americans some really big bucks if we have to cool it down
How much is the carbine deal worth?
Carbine deal is small just 1100 crore rupees. Idk why Army is doing lowest bidder kanjoosi when guns come cheaper compared to other equipment.

Plus we are also going to buy 10 more P8i Poseidons and 30 Predator-B MQ-9 Reapers also. So this will also pretty much add up.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Carbine deal is small just 1100 crore rupees. Idk why Army is doing lowest bidder kanjoosi when guns come cheaper compared to other equipment.

Plus we are also going to buy 10 more P8i Poseidons and 30 Predator-B MQ-9 Reapers also. So this will also pretty much add up.
Anything we buy from someone else that the Americans already put on the table is already a loss to them
S-400 already cost them billions of dollars
Typical capitalist behaviour

P.S: That's also why it's in the interest of (not just) Americans to hinder our indigenous development as much as possible

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Welcome back sir, kinda felt sad thinking you were banned due to me, glad you are back again :)

Nice render, madlad even tagged HAL 🤣
Well i loved , him being screwed so well ,that he have to block me .

Nothing to be pissed about , i pushed him beyond his temper .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Anything we buy from someone else that the Americans already put on the table is already a loss to them
S-400 already cost them billions of dollars
Typical capitalist behaviour

P.S: That's also why it's in the interest of (not just) Americans to hinder our indigenous development as much as possible
Thats why I say, we should acquire a few Aerospace Companies like Embraer or Bombardier or focus on RTA-70 and RTA-90. And we should do JV with other countries for equipments like the things on which we lack.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Well i loved , him being screwed so well ,that he have to block me .

Nothing to be pissed about , i pushed him beyond his temper .
Can you quote what did you write?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Can you quote what did you write?
So that i am banned again , no thanks , my comments might not be available , leave the saga .

Well , I don't get something about rta 70 and 90 , what's the difference , why develop two planes with not huge difference , we should invest in rta 90 and what I think is rta 70 is a old name .

As earlier you quoted of it being used as a refueling cum transport cum awacs role , i have doubt on it , aewcs and transport are very much possible but I don't think iaf will induct it for refueling , they want something bigger ,this won't suite .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles