AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If India gets the AMCA program right with Indigenous engine ( Kaveri or JV engine ) ready to power it then AMCA will have many admirers. HAL should work on PR as lot of western butthurt will try to spoil/ lower/ thrash it's image as they've done to LCA.
Another selling point for AMCA would be its weapons package, Astra-IR to Astra-Mk3 for A2A. BrahMos for A2G and AShW. Rudram-1 to Rudram-3 Anti Radiation Missiles. SAAW bombs, Garuda bomb, Garuthma bomb, Gaurav Bomb with Sudarshan Laser Guidance Kit And maybe even CATS integration too... We can make AMCA a FGFA bestseller with main competition being KF-X and FC-31.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Another selling point for AMCA would be its weapons package, Astra-IR to Astra-Mk3 for A2A. BrahMos for A2G and AShW. Rudram-1 to Rudram-3 Anti Radiation Missiles. SAAW bombs, Garuda bomb, Garuthma bomb, Gaurav Bomb with Sudarshan Laser Guidance Kit And maybe even CATS integration too... We can make AMCA a FGFA bestseller with main competition being KF-X and FC-31.
Basically AMCA platform will be new age reliable compotent alternate weapons platform package from Asia independent of traditional US/ Europe/Russians. If this happens India will have lot of say in international geo politics defence diplomacy.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Well ,what i have been reading for past few days , i think there are some pipeline project of drdo , drdo isn't the open book ,we considered .

We have seen in past , drdo understates performance parameters ,and project are revealed at later stage , also looking at US attempt for aim 260 , china would develop something advance or steal but game is going to be upped ,unlike earlier weapon development tume for older design has shortened ,so do requirements for new tech are evolving .

Summary , amca armament is not predictable except sfdr and astra mk 2 , we may see something out of the box in future.

Sensor is one thing ,which is moreover following evolutionary approach right now ,but that too may change if photonic radar get some heed

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Well ,what i have been reading for past few days , i think there are some pipeline project of drdo , drdo isn't the open book ,we considered .

We have seen in past , drdo understates performance parameters ,and project are revealed at later stage , also looking at US attempt for aim 260 , china would develop something advance or steal but game is going to be upped ,unlike earlier weapon development tume for older design has shortened ,so do requirements for new tech are evolving .

Summary , amca armament is not predictable except sfdr and astra mk 2 , we may see something out of the box in future.

Sensor is one thing ,which is moreover following evolutionary approach right now ,but that too may change if photonic radar get some heed
You are back 🌚

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Welcome Back from Tihar Jail sirji😁.

Spitfire9

Country flag
If India gets the AMCA program right with Indigenous engine ( Kaveri or JV engine ) ready to power it then AMCA will have many admirers. HAL should work on PR as lot of western butthurt will try to spoil/ lower/ thrash it's image as they've done to LCA.
The west trashed the image of LCA? Not what trashed it IMO. I would say it was due to the continuous failure to get it developed and into production thanks to the following factors:

Indian over-bureaucratic system
GOI decision delay and dithering
IAF resistance, dithering and delay leading to goal posts being moved and further delay
GOI imagining India could develop a jet engine on a shoe string budget
GTRE hopelessly unrealistic in assessing Kaveri progress
HAL failing to build adequate production facilities
Nobody seeming to get fired for their contribution to the failure of the programme

From the Indian perspective, how has the west trashed the image of the LCA? I'm curious to hear.

By the way, I don't think that PR is of any use unless the underlying problems that resulted in PR being needed are themselves fixed.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
The west trashed the image of LCA? Not what trashed it IMO. I would say it was due to the continuous failure to get it developed and into production thanks to the following factors:

Indian over-bureaucratic system
GOI decision delay and dithering
IAF resistance, dithering and delay leading to goal posts being moved and further delay
GOI imagining India could develop a jet engine on a shoe string budget
GTRE hopelessly unrealistic in assessing Kaveri progress
HAL failing to build adequate production facilities
Nobody seeming to get fired for their contribution to the failure of the programme

From the Indian perspective, how has the west trashed the image of the LCA? I'm curious to hear.
What they're doing now?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Well

Amca have a fair chance of export order , looking at changing world scenario .

But right now ,too early ,let the egg be out , chicken is far away .

We should rope in uae and saudi alongwith Singapore if they want , all got solid bucks , neither have huge manufacturing capability .

Well someone was asking for sensor fusion , so what i know , two types exist ,one the basic one present in most 4.5 gen jets , where each sensor like radar , irst and all give there image to fusion unit ,which further process it in making a unified picture while , continuously accessing area for further info independently .

Other is of f 35 style , all senor involved in scanning and tracking give raw feed what radar , das prepare to a onboard supercomputer which process to generate image , much complex , but better , this with coupled with ai to command sensor is a formidable platform .

But with chip manufacturing capacity absent with us ,a good onboard , lightweight supercomputer is a challenge for amca , also coding part will be a big big challenge , whether we call ourselves back office of world but this thing gonna churn us out if we want to get it right not f 35 story ,where they are unable to use the platform fully

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Well

Amca have a fair chance of export order , looking at changing world scenario .

But right now ,too early ,let the egg be out , chicken is far away .

We should rope in uae and saudi alongwith Singapore if they want , all got solid bucks , neither have huge manufacturing capability .

Well someone was asking for sensor fusion , so what i know , two types exist ,one the basic one present in most 4.5 gen jets , where each sensor like radar , irst and all give there image to fusion unit ,which further process it in making a unified picture while , continuously accessing area for further info independently .

Other is of f 35 style , all senor involved in scanning and tracking give raw feed what radar , das prepare to a onboard supercomputer which process to generate image , much complex , but better , this with coupled with ai to command sensor is a formidable platform .

But with chip manufacturing capacity absent with us ,a good onboard , lightweight supercomputer is a challenge for amca , also coding part will be a big big challenge , whether we call ourselves back office of world but this thing gonna churn us out if we want to get it right not f 35 story ,where they are unable to use the platform fully
I wish the best to DRDO.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Regarding a new engine for AMCA Mk2, has there been any mention of what it would cost? I would expect the foremost military jet designers in the world (P&W, GE, RR, SAFRAN), armed with the knowhow that India does not have, to spend at least $2 billion (say 150 billion rupees) developing a new 110kN engine. And those companies do not need to pay any other company one rupee for ToT.

I think GOI should commit to spending whatever vast amount is required to put India in a situation where India can design jet engines from scratch without outside help in perhaps 15-20 years' time.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
Regarding a new engine for AMCA Mk2, has there been any mention of what it would cost? I would expect the foremost military jet designers in the world (P&W, GE, RR, SAFRAN), armed with the knowhow that India does not have, to spend at least $2 billion (say 150 billion rupees) developing a new 110kN engine. And those companies do not need to pay any other company one rupee for ToT.

I think GOI should commit to spending whatever vast amount is required to put India in a situation where India can design jet engines from scratch without outside help in perhaps 15-20 years' time.
i really do not think that the amount is $2 Billion. its definitely more and the govt is and will not disclose as long as it gets the engine.

Articles