AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

MonaLazy

using a single platform for each and everything is not good.
Aren't multi role fighters a la Rafale all the rage these days? Having a single fighter for single role severely restricts its employability & availability for IAF. Having a single dedicated air platform like EA-18G means you have to create support infra at the hosting airbase dedicated to it- will it be forward deployable for any meaningful snooping sortie along the boundaries of this country as that will be its primary role. If you fly it every time from central India and air to air refuel it all the way to the border are you not increasing your own costs running at $9166/hr. If you place it on a frontline air base will you be ok losing an expensive asset in the first wave of an air war?

Why do you think IAF paid the hefty premium for 75% availability guaranteed by OEM for its 36 Rafales? Similar premium will have to be paid for the envisioned small batch of EA-18Gs without any localization. The F-18 did not make it to the down select in MMRCA 1.0 so IAF may not be interested in a larger order.

Adrian Corvus

Country flag

Work in progress
Sorry about the off topic post
Sweet work!! We have seen a lot of still images of AMCA render, personally it would be super exciting to see this rigged with bones on the control surface and the IWB and animated.
Also if it is okay can you DM me on how do you plan on using texture on this in blender

WahmanRespector

Country flag
Sorry about the off topic post
Sweet work!! We have seen a lot of still images of AMCA render, personally it would be super exciting to see this rigged with bones on the control surface and the IWB and animated.
Also if it is okay can you DM me on how do you plan on using texture on this in blender
I will render a video showing off control surfaces movement ... but I will use drivers instead of bones, and for textures I will take reference from F35

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I will render a video showing off control surfaces movement ... but I will use drivers instead of bones, and for textures I will take reference from F35
The engine nozzles should be more elongated

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
There is too much confusion on what ADA is propsing as the final design.

Recently, one design came from DRDO Cheif's presentation, another design unveiled in Tarmak interview, another design in Aero India 2021.

All of them is claimed the final design by DRDO.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
UAE needs stealth fighters, USA won’t provide them.
Su-57 or FC-31 will be sold afaik. But if they say we don’t want heavy category Su-57 as it is too huge to maintain as it is big, has Russian AL-41F Saturn which is a reliable engine unlike other Russian engines which are more prone to maintenance but still AL-41F requires a bit more regular maintenance than western engines. Plus Su-57 doesn’t have stealth on par with others, No DSI, No serpentine intake, less composites etc.

Chinese FC-31 Aircraft with Chinese engine is ruled out as Chinese production quality is trash, and its engines are less reliable, have huge maintenance issues, requires very frequent maintenance wasting money and time with very low availability rate.

AMCA and KF-X are the only two options UAE or other countries who don’t want heavy weight FGFAs.
AMCA’s only advantage to KF-X will be DSI’s Stealth, lower weight, lower maintenance and the fact that AMCA does have an internal weapons bay which KF-X currently lacks (Afaik).

Else internal electronics would be the same.

Another advantage to AMCA would be an Indian EngIne which we will make with UK but we will have IPR.
So because USA refused F-35 to them and UAE doesn’t trust USA, they may go towards India a much more friendly nation as Engine of India will be reliable as well as will be a major selling point for it.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
UAE needs stealth fighters, USA won’t provide them.
Su-57 or FC-31 will be sold afaik. But if they say we don’t want heavy category Su-57 as it is too huge to maintain as it is big, has Russian AL-41F Saturn which is a reliable engine unlike other Russian engines which are more prone to maintenance but still AL-41F requires a bit more regular maintenance than western engines. Plus Su-57 doesn’t have stealth on par with others, No DSI, No serpentine intake, less composites etc.

Chinese FC-31 Aircraft with Chinese engine is ruled out as Chinese production quality is trash, and its engines are less reliable, have huge maintenance issues, requires very frequent maintenance wasting money and time with very low availability rate.

AMCA and KF-X are the only two options UAE or other countries who don’t want heavy weight FGFAs.
AMCA’s only advantage to KF-X will be DSI’s Stealth, lower weight, lower maintenance and the fact that AMCA does have an internal weapons bay which KF-X currently lacks (Afaik).

Else internal electronics would be the same.

Another advantage to AMCA would be an Indian EngIne which we will make with UK but we will have IPR.
So because USA refused F-35 to them and UAE doesn’t trust USA, they may go towards India a much more friendly nation as Engine of India will be reliable as well as will be a major selling point for it.
If India gets the AMCA program right with Indigenous engine ( Kaveri or JV engine ) ready to power it then AMCA will have many admirers. HAL should work on PR as lot of western butthurt will try to spoil/ lower/ thrash it's image as they've done to LCA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles