Al-Khalid MBT And Pakistani Armour

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
All tank based on tank as concepts, T-90S is highly modified T-72 and both absolutely not related to T-64 and T-80, This shows you knowledge about tanks..

Leave Arjun and Western tanks, I wont care to ask about it..

-----> ?
lol
well i said t64 further development is t80

t80 and the U WERE the quality equipment for Russia.
While the t72 was suppose to be a cheap tank.which is in service with Indian army.

And so is the t90.

Well as i said before i Am not in a mood to derail arjun indigenous claim(arjun is nothing to be worried as army will never order them in bulk(just 118 arjun not even the 124)

t90will remain the frontline tank until fmbt(2025)

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
t72 is a 2nd gen tank

because of era it cant be classified as third gen tank.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
t72 is a 2nd gen tank

because of era it cant be classified as third gen tank.
[pdf]http://www.epicos.com/EPCompanyProfileWeb/Content/VOP025/t-72m4-cz-a.pdf[/pdf]

Stop blabbering, start searching :taunt::taunt:

Tank T-72M4 CZ is the T-72 tank modernized to a level
comparable with MBT 3rd generation.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
t80 and the U WERE the quality equipment for Russia.
While the t72 was suppose to be a cheap tank.which is in service with Indian army.
Your just showing you poor knowledge,

What you telling is that T-80 as MBT of Ukrainian forces, T-80 are decommissioned by Russian forces and they are updating T-72B1 to slingshot variants..

As far as Indian T-72m1 Ajaya ( Update ) are concerned they suppress AL-Khalid / Chinese type-96 in terms of protection while firepower and mobility at same..

Well as i said before i Am not in a mood to derail arjun indigenous claim(arjun is nothing to be worried as army will never order them in bulk(just 118 arjun not even the 124)
If feel insecure dont divert topic, such post will be deleted as further.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
no my friend they have mentioned it as 2.5 gen its please check it out
still not a 3rd gen
neither all the Indian t72 are upgraded(remember the recent incident of a night blind t72 falling into a ditch

bose

Country flag
as i said before i really like the arjun tank
but the problem is your army doctrine

i dont know why drdo increased the weight.when army is more into lighter tanks.

Now example
mk2 will weighs 67 and powerplant is 1500hp
which twr of just 22.

Now this is not much suitable for a rough terrain like thar desert.t90 would be more better there

Let me go offtopic for the last time...

Arjun is ONLY for deserts not to bulldozz through but as a great holding role...and even the ground pressure of Arjun even at 67 Tons is lower than the T-90.

I understand that Lighter T-90 is for punjab & Rajasthan for fast moving attacking role very similar what T-34 did in World War - II.

Mods, please excuse me for going off topic...

Damian

Not exactly Kunal, situation in Russia is a bit complicated.

The T-80B/BV, T-80U and T-80UD are still in service in Russian Army. These will be used untill all spare parts will be used.

T-72B/B1 and T-90/T-90A are used as a basic tanks in inventory, simply because it's manufacturer, UVZ is the only one left in Russia.

Older tanks, like T-64, T-62 and T-54/55 are still used here and there, but are slowly decommissioned.

However because on Ukrainian, KMDB and Malyshev factory, where T-64 series, T-80UD and T-84 series were developed, is still functioning, this is why Ukrainian armed forces as basic tank use T-64B/BV and upgrade them to T-64BM Bulat and see as a promising tank T-84M Oplot.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Your just showing you poor knowledge,

What you telling is that T-80 as MBT of Ukrainian forces, T-80 are decommissioned by Russian forces and they are updating T-72B1 to slingshot variants..

As far as Indian T-72m1 Ajaya ( Update ) are concerned they suppress AL-Khalid / Chinese type-96 in terms of protection while firepower and mobility at same..

If feel insecure dont divert topic, such post will be deleted as further.
Russia decommissioning t80. News for me

recently you were proven wrong by calling AK as type 96(2nd gen)

and t72 surpassing AK in armour :p
well you have already seen the armour of al Zarar

al Zarar surpass t72 in gun power(Ukrainian)surpass in electroNics,
about you just need to remember the swat incident

al Zarar is slightly inferior to t90s in gun power and armour
though almost comparable in electronics

The Fox

still not a 3rd gen
neither all the Indian t72 are upgraded(remember the recent incident of a night blind t72 falling into a ditch
dude just because u closed your eye that does not means that the whole world is in the dark....... yes the T72 of indian army had problems in past and now
the latest upgrades are

1. Polish SKO-1T DRAWA-T fire control systems/thermal imagers supplied by the Polish PCO/Cenzin (from PT-91 Twardy)

2. DRDO explosive reactive armour

3. A navigation system from Israel 's Tamam

4. German Litef or South African RDI

5. A locally developed laser illumination warning system

6. New radios manufactured by Tadiran or GES Marconi and an improved NBC protection system will be fitted.

7. The tank is planned to be powered by a 1,000 hp (750 kW) S-1000 engine made by the Polish firm PZL-Wola (also from PT-91 Twardy).

It is also upgraded with new fire detection and suppression systems and laser warning systems on either side of the turret. Also known as Combat Improved Ajeya.

India's L&T, Raytheon, Join on T-72 Tank Upgrade | Defense News | defensenews.com

Akim

Country flag
How they classify variants of these tanks ? T-72 is classified as second generation
Second generation of tanks it Т- 62, М60, Leo- 1.
Т- 72, Leo- 2, М1 it already 3 generation
Т- 90, Leo-2А6, Type 99 is a generation 3+
T-80 are decommissioned by Russian forces and they are updating T-72B1 to slingshot variants..
In Russia took off from an armament only Т80UD. All other modifications will leave.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
recently you were proven wrong by calling AK as type 96(2nd gen)

and t72 surpassing AK in armour :p, well you have already seen the armour of al Zarar[
With a Wiki link as a reference, I dont think so..

Are you saying same with AL-Khalid ? what was in a T-55 upgrade by Chinese ?

al Zarar surpass t72 in gun power(Ukrainian)surpass in electroNics,about you just need to remember the swat incident
Yeah we have seen its spec, and i do remember those updated T-55 clones destroyed in SWAT with top notch space Armour technology over frontal armour..

al Zarar is slightly inferior to t90s in gun power and armour,though almost comparable in electronics

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Second generation of tanks it Т- 62, М60, Leo- 1.
Т- 72, Leo- 2, М1 it already 3 generation
Т- 90, Leo-2А6, Type 99 is a generation 3+
What we call the 1st generation tanks then of WW1 ? And where T-34, KVI, Sherman and panther so does tiger go ?

T-55 of mid 40s are updated as T-55AM where does it stand ?

Akim

Country flag
What we call the 1st generation tanks then of WW1 ? And where T-34, KVI, Sherman and panther so does tiger go ?

T-55 of mid 40s are updated as T-55AM where does it stand ?
It as with by airs. Begin to consider from WW2. First generation. It Сenturion, Т- 54(55), М48. Thus the British tank first is in this list. But he brushed up also, and М48, until now in Indonesia . And Т- 55 in a "new hide" in Romania and other countries. Tanks 4 generations will have or new armament or new layout.

sayareakd

Country flag

Chinese productis known for their quality.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
It as with by airs. Begin to consider from WW2
How can one dont count the first of the tanks ? Also discount the onces played in two major World wars, In this way the logic behind is flawed..

Akim

Country flag
How can one dont count the first of the tanks ? Also discount the onces played in two major World wars, In this way the logic behind is flawed..
It is not my logic. So led in classification. It is certainly impossible to copy off old tanks from accounts. Т- 34-85 militated as early as Yugoslavia. But for simplification take period after "Great war".

Articles