AK-203 Scrap

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Buddy u r comparing 39 and 51 calibre bullets u should know the firepower difference and with bare eyes 51 calibre bullets provide more range then 39 calibre
That's science
Sorry to say are u seriously comparing a rifle with snipers
U seriously need to read a lot
Don't take it wrongly
My friend, I have never done a comparison of 39 and 51 calibre, I am saying that any gun at its maximum range will be effective only with a good sight or else it is mostly spraying bullets at those ranges without hitting anything. At those ranges, 300 meters and more, you need to have a scope like this :-
7-SIG-716DMR-ScopeC.jpg

-:-
P1400791.jpg

And if you are going to engage an enemy at close ranges (say 100 meters) than you need to have a holographic, red dot or Iron sight.

Sorry to say are u seriously comparing a rifle with snipers
U seriously need to read a lot
Don't take it wrongly
You have understood what I am trying to say there, I have never compared a rifle with a Sniper, I only said that at long ranges, Snipers are the ones which you should use to hit targets. Snipers can hit targets which are atleast 1000 meters+ with precision. You need to have a good scope as well though. So I have not compared AR and sniper. You got me wrong. And coming to my knowledge of any firearm, yes I am a noob.

breh lol.

800 m is the max range on the sight leaf. Not the max practical range.

Practical range is 300-400 without optics, and 400-500 with good optics.

As an example, for Kar 98 K, the markings on the sight leaf extend to 2000 m. Which rifleman, do you think, is making 2000 m shots using iron sights?
I confirmed it later. I don't understand why Wikipedia was saying that the maximum Firing Range is 800 Meters. (Lol)

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
My friend, I have never done a comparison of 39 and 51 calibre, I am saying that any gun at its maximum range will be effective only with a good sight or else it is mostly spraying bullets at those ranges without hitting anything. At those ranges, 300 meters and more, you need to have a scope like this :-
View attachment 155908
View attachment 155909

And if you are going to engage an enemy at close ranges (say 100 meters) than you need to have a holographic, red dot or sight.

You have understood what I am trying to say there, I have never compared a rifle with a Sniper, I only said that at long ranges, Snipers are the ones which you should use to hit targets. Snipers can hit targets which are atleast 1000 meters+ with precision. You need to have a good scope as well though. So I have not compared AR and sniper. You got me wrong. And coming to my knowledge of any firearm, yes I am a noob.

I confirmed it later. I don't understand why Wikipedia was saying that the maximum Firing Range is 800 Meters. (Lol)
Wikipedia says a lot of stuff. As a wiki editor, I can confirm that our reliability is $hit.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 155908
View attachment 155909

And if you are going to engage an enemy at close ranges (say 100 meters) than you need to have a holographic, red dot or Iron sight.

Yes bro we want to say that in effective range that 300-400 m 39 calibre will be less effective and inaccurate than 51 calibre
39 ones are very good and deadly accurate for short ranges be it 100-200 m
Problem here is of ballistics

Super Flanker

With extremely good sights on an extremely good rifle, max possible is 600m. But not with AK style sights, and not on an assault rifle. For that yeah, 300-400 is max.
At ranges like 500-600 meters +, I don't think so that any Soldier would use any AR in full auto mode. The recoil will be to much and you won't get many hits as the gun will be mostly spraying bullets all over the place. Modern Assault Rifles generally have 4 firing modes :
  • 1. Safe
  • 2.Semi-Automatic
  • 3.Burst Automatic
  • 4.Full Automatic
So if you are going to use an AR for long ranges than you need to use it in semi automatic or single firing mode.

DSC_1026.jpg

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
At ranges like 500-600 meters +, I don't think so that any Soldier would use any AR in full auto mode. The recoil will be to much and you won't get many hits as the gun will be mostly spraying bullets all over the place. Modern Assault Rifles generally have 4 firing modes :
  • 1. Safe
  • 2.Semi-Automatic
  • 3.Burst Automatic
  • 4.Full Automatic
So if you are going to use an AR for long ranges than you need to use it in semi automatic or single firing mode.

View attachment 155911
Nah, can easily do. Put on a bipod and a scope, Lie down and shoot. No problem.

Also, no. Most rifles have 3 modes, safe, semi, then either burst or full auto. Very few rifles (like AK-12) have all four.

Super Flanker

Nah, can easily do. Put on a bipod and a scope, Lie down and shoot. No problem.

Also, no. Most rifles have 3 modes, safe, semi, then either burst or full auto. Very few rifles (like AK-12) have all four.
AK-203 which we will be getting will be having 2 main firing modes (automatic and semi-automatic) according to this article. It doesn't mention anything about a safe mode though.

Indian-203-a-660x275.jpeg

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
AK-203 which we will be getting will be having 2 main firing modes (automatic and semi-automatic) according to this article. It doesn't mention anything about a safe mode though.

View attachment 155912
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.26.51 AM.png

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 155912
The rifle you posted in pic is the one we are getting
Now compare it to Russian ak-203 which they advertise

Super Flanker

The rifle you posted in pic is the one we are getting
Now compare it to Russian ak-203 which they advertise
This is a photo of a Russian AK-203 :-
Kalashnikov-Concern-Launches-The-200-Series-of-AK-Rifles-3.jpg

On the other hand, this is a photo of an AK-203 which India will be getting:-
Indian-203-a-660x275.jpeg

So yes, I can notice the difference but I think so that the difference between the Indian and Russian is that Indian Army have themselves asked the Russians to make such modifications to suit their needs.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
the fire selector also had some easy selector feature but considering the ak 12 had problems with it it might be pure chutiya

Super Flanker

a

are bhai check the handguard
They are the same thing bro, one side of the gun is a bit different as compared to the other side of the gun. Image posted by you shows the left side of the gun and image I posted showed it's right side. Don't Worry, they are the same thing.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
They are the same thing bro, one side of the gun is a bit different as compared to the other side of the gun. Image posted by you shows the left side of the gun and image I posted showed it's right side. Don't Worry, they are the same thing.
handguard is a big difference to me mate

Super Flanker

handguard is a big difference to me mate
Alright so I will ask you a question : Do you think that the image of the Indian AK-203 posted by me and the one posted by you is showing a different model of the rifle?

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
a

are bhai check the handguard
Its the same to me :/

the fire selector also had some easy selector feature but considering the ak 12 had problems with it it might be pure chutiya
Nah, its actually pretty good. I wanna see it our AKs.

AK 12 had problems cuz they made 4 modes, so the finger thingy hangs so low it covers the trigger. Not in AK203

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles