ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
This year (that is 2023), I am expecting that the first prototype of Tejas MK-2 will be rolled out, it was supposed to be rolled out last year (I think in august) but some reason it didn't and got delayed and the timeline of the rollout has been shifted to 2023. If they delay it again then I will be seriously very disappointed. One article I came across mentioned that the rollout will happen in late 2023 and that again might be delayed all the way to march of 2024. :doh:

View attachment 187952View attachment 187953

Anyways I wish everyone a very happy new year, looking forward to some exciting stuff to happen in the days to come. :clap2:
High chances that it will roll out in aero india

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Zero chances of any roll out in Aero India which is just 1 month away.

The prototype will be rolled out by Dec 2023 or if any schedule slippage is seen, then first quarter of 2024. Don't expect rollout to happen before Dec 2023.
Roll out means a full scale model is displayed to public and not the actual prototype if I am correct

karn

Country flag
Roll out means a full scale model is displayed to public and not the actual prototype if I am correct
No ..roll out means it is ready for ground testing in lieu of first flight .. implying that it needs to be the actual prototype.
Public may be shown a mockup or testbed to avoid delays in development time or keeping security in mind

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
and biggest butthurt causing event for SAAB (and certain Sancho)
If it happens that is. From 2022 to late 2023 which means 2024 mid for sure. On the one hand we have IAF ready to junk Tejas and these HAL fools are too ready to give an excuse to IAF to do so !

MirageBlue

Country flag
If it happens that is. From 2022 to late 2023 which means 2024 mid for sure. On the one hand we have IAF ready to junk Tejas and these HAL fools are too ready to give an excuse to IAF to do so !
IAF isn't junking Tejas Mk1, Mk1A or Mk2. They have committed to 126 Tejas Mk1/Mk1A and 6+ squadrons of the Mk2. How does that equate to junking it if they keep asking for 114 MRFA as well?

Please stop using terms like "fools" for HAL when you don't have any knowledge or idea about how much work is going on behind the scenes.

What is your exact background with aerospace to use such words?? If anyone, blame the govt. since they held up funding for so long without which no roll out was possible. Already our indigenous programs run on shoe string budgets compared to Western and even Turkish and South Korean fighter programs. It is a wonder how so much gets done in India for so little.

silverghost

Country flag
IAF should just go ahead and buy whatever it needs because the country's security is more important than making indigenous fighter jets. In addition, we are putting the lives of our young pilots at risk whenever they are forced to fly Jaguars, Mig 21 and it's going to only be worse as these planes age with every passing year.
ADA/HAL has a budget independent of the military so they do their R&D & be ready to deliver as per their timeline. IAF has ordered 83 Tejas Mk1A and nothing else so far. If the other designs are ready for serial production in the future more fighter jets may be ordered based on IAF requirements.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles