ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Dessert Storm

Country flag
4 Sukhoi SU-30MKI of Indian Air Force is modified to carry out initial trials of Astra MK2. The development of the missile is scheduled to complete by 2022.

In developing Akash NG, LRSAM and Rudram missile DRDO has already mastered dual pulse solid rocket motor as all these missile is powered with dual pulse motor.
Source : Feb 2021

Astra Mk.2 seeker is unknown for now but a Software-Defined Radio (SDR)-based active seeker could be an option

the DRDO could seek some inputs from Israel’s Rafael. Rafael’s latest I-DerbyER features an SDR seeker and an advanced dual pulse rocket motor.
Source: Jan 2022
* Planned induction 2023 (can't remember the source, but it was on YT)

MonaLazy

Is this right time to give MK2(MWF) a name? Wouldn't Manohar(Charming, Enchanting, Likeable) be an appropriate name?
But sir if it is charming and likeable what are we conveying to enemies across the northern & western borders. It has to have a name synonymous with power, energy & destruction to convey its lethal intent.

Since it has a lineage and its parent is called Tejas which means radiance. May be we can convey that the radiance has turned into a strong fire that destroys everything it runs into...

IAF Angaar/Angara
IAF Admani
IAF Aagneya
IAF Agnivo
IAF Aniran
IAF Anirbana
IAF Jwala
IAF Prajwal
IAF Tej

Vamsi

Country flag
RUKMA

meaning- rising sun, as pure as gold
Deyy....if I'm right, then there are total of 49 Maruts (wind gods) according to our scriptures.We already named our 1st aircraft HF-24 as "Marut", So let's simply name Tejas-Mk2, AMCA ,& TEDBF after those remaining Maruts and enjoy ourselves when liberandus cry "how naming the aircrafts after hindu gods hurts the sickular fabric of Bharat :lawl: "

Brood Father

Country flag
Is this right time to give MK2(MWF) a name? Wouldn't Manohar(Charming, Enchanting, Likeable) be an appropriate name?
It should be names as Jorawar or Ranjit on the names of Kings who conquered Pakistan Punjab ..
If you want to name it mythical then Indrajeet , Ghatotkach or Ashwathama etc..

However if it is up to me I would name it "Angmar" (on witch king of Angmar) ..

thebakofbakchod

Is no one going to talk about how the date for Mk2 has been shamelessly pushed back AGAIN? It went from early this year to mid this year to end 2022/early 2023

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We can see the same pattern in isro too
Humare yaha kuch ho na ho par precaution keliye delay kardenge
Strategic projects are even carried out during worst war kind scenario
Covid badhe na badhe lekin band pehle se hi karlenge
We need to do something regarding this new sops or conditions need to be derived for Strategic projects not being stopped at any fucking cost
Babooooooooo!!!!

THESIS THORON

Country flag
We can see the same pattern in isro too
Humare yaha kuch ho na ho par precaution keliye delay kardenge
Strategic projects are even carried out during worst war kind scenario
Covid badhe na badhe lekin band pehle se hi karlenge
We need to do something regarding this new sops or conditions need to be derived for Strategic projects not being stopped at any fucking cost
Babooooooooo!!!!
it was expected after deadly 2nd wave, that some things might have been delayed.

so, dont panik

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Sir anyway these are Strategic projects no delay should occur neither in launching or supply chain
We seriously lag strategic importance
Same lies with isro
no, pls dont call me sir, tag me or call me bro.

isro is focusing on hsp(HOOMAN SPACE FLIGHT PROGRAM), but they have reduced their launches significantly.

something is not well

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles