ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

silentlurker

Country flag
I don't oppose imports blindly but Because we have been dependent on imported weapons that's why suffering humiliation today in the hand of china
Importing weapons isn't a problem, importing different weapons from literally every weapons producer in the world and expecting to be able to maintain and coordinate them is the problem.

Megalomaniac

Country flag
Tejas, Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 ... will never be in the same weight and performance class than Rafale or SH18. It will be a direct M2000 class replacement tool.
You need the twice.
And don't be too optimistic about the delay of a whole indian jet. All takes time in India. Always more than intended. Sorry, it's just facts. Nothing personnal, nothing offensive.
And a full indigenous fighter is not for tomorrow : Indian radar technology need to be matured (but seems quite well oriented). Engine technology at least that.
Get Lost dumb lobbyist. Rafale is a good aircraft. But We can and will choose our own aircraft.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Chill dude, anything offending doesn’t change reality.
My last on this topic: Most following on development on Tejas/LCA and variants know its shortcomings.
F22, F-18, Rafale, Typhoon are all better AC and not in the same category as this single engine fighter.

The selection of French AC is total sum of geo-politics, economic and political scenario (today). The french man is doing his part (what is good for his country) and they will boot us at the first instance when their interest does not align with India. Or even if the advantage of CCP relationship outweigh relationship with India.

Some examples of it & I am not trying to invent strawman argument don't buy Rafale "ever" argument:
1. It was Israelis that helped us integrate LGB during Kargil on Mirage 2000. And they extracted the cost of it.
2. As Haldi and cousins have repeatedly reminded it is French Agosta that is in service in Porki Navy.

The strategic autonomy that Tejas and its variants will provide to India outweigh any technical advantage that Rafale will ever provide long term. Yes it will be painful meanwhile and lot of learning curve. Now please request you to stop Rafale discussion and discuss Mk2 on this thread.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
It was Israelis that helped us integrate LGB during Kargil on Mirage 2000. And they extracted the cost of it.
No. Without the french help it would have need far more time to integrate it.
The weapon was an israeli one, the weapon system was french. No key of the weapon system, no integration (at least no easy integration).

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
No. Without the french help it would have need far more time to integrate it.
The weapon was an israeli one, the weapon system was french. No key of the weapon system, no integration (at least no easy integration).
I regret that , some one called you a lobbyist .
I have been seeing your post for 4 to 5 years by now and I can say for sure that you ain't a lobbyist for you come here quite regularly .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I regret that , some one called you a lobbyist .
I have been seeing your post for 4 to 5 years by now and I can say for sure that you ain't a lobbyist for you come here quite regularly .
Which MoD guy sits here that he will get Lobbied by Mr. @BON PLAN ? He is a simple dude.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If you are interested in rafale then talk in rafale thread, if you want to do it's dalali create separate dalal thread for rafales, this thread is about Tejas mk2 not rafales.
I’m not talking Rafale but found it funny to hear that BON PLAN is a lobbyist. Achha sorry.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
My last on this topic: Most following on development on Tejas/LCA and variants know its shortcomings.
F22, F-18, Rafale, Typhoon are all better AC and not in the same category as this single engine fighter.

The selection of French AC is total sum of geo-politics, economic and political scenario (today). The french man is doing his part (what is good for his country) and they will boot us at the first instance when their interest does not align with India. Or even if the advantage of CCP relationship outweigh relationship with India.

Some examples of it & I am not trying to invent strawman argument don't buy Rafale "ever" argument:
1. It was Israelis that helped us integrate LGB during Kargil on Mirage 2000. And they extracted the cost of it.
2. As Haldi and cousins have repeatedly reminded it is French Agosta that is in service in Porki Navy.

The strategic autonomy that Tejas and its variants will provide to India outweigh any technical advantage that Rafale will ever provide long term. Yes it will be painful meanwhile and lot of learning curve. Now please request you to stop Rafale discussion and discuss Mk2 on this thread.

French won't go with China... If they do they'll only lose whatever geographic importance they have.. left in Africa and other parts of the world.

But the real threat is Unpredictable nature of American policy with India... Which may change the scenario.

Here India needs to make a choice either deal with America directly and buy weapons from them or be with UK and France which is a better option for now.

And Yes unless our indigenous industry develops we can never be sure..

Tejas and upcoming projects need to deliver and must be on time from onwards. We can't lose a single day on delays as we are already decades behind and need a lot of catching up to do.

Trololo

Country flag
French won't go with China... If they do they'll only lose whatever geographic importance they have.. left in Africa and other parts of the world.

But the real threat is Unpredictable nature of American policy with India... Which may change the scenario.

Here India needs to make a choice either deal with America directly and buy weapons from them or be with UK and France which is a better option for now.

And Yes unless our indigenous industry develops we can never be sure..

Tejas and upcoming projects need to deliver and must be on time from onwards. We can't lose a single day on delays as we are already decades behind and need a lot of catching up to do.
At this point the biggest shortcoming in our defence industrial complex is jet engine. Once you have that you can decouple from US MIC. Everything else is pretty much there for very close to getting there. Maybe out of 20 if the Americans are 20 then we are 15 in terms of the magnitude of similar capability. But if the capability exists, it can improve. For example, there is no doubt that APG-81 is a better AESA radar than Uttam. But capability exists to build Uttam follow ons that can match or exceed the APG-81. This decade will be the make or break period for Indian defence industry. Modi govt has shown good acumen and strong political will. Lets hope they do what needs to be done in this regard.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles