ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
But, AMCA engine will be 116 kN, so how can mk. 2 engine be 118 kN!? And it will cruise at mach 2! Then speed in afterburner=??? Even top speed of Rafale is 1.8 and that of F-35 is 1.6!
But rafale has a spped in excess of Mach 2. so i assume that Mk2 (116 or 118 KN engine) being light in weight will do atleast mach 2.

Superdefender

@HariPrasad-1, oh you should write Rafale's afterburner speed, not cruise speed! I got confused by that. Now I have uploaded a pic about GE India plan. The first one is for mk-1/1A, the second one is for mark-2 & the third is for AMCA. See for yourself.

Attachments

tsunami

Country flag
@HariPrasad-1, oh you should write Rafale's afterburner speed, not cruise speed! I got confused by that. Now I have uploaded a pic about GE India plan. The first one is for mk-1/1A, the second one is for mark-2 & the third is for AMCA. See for yourself.
In above attachment even the length and wingspan is wrong.

Superdefender

In above attachment even the length and wingspan is wrong.
No, I uploaded that second pic only to clarify HariPrasad-1 about the engine part. Compare with the 1st attachment and you will see same engines. He was saying mk. 2 would use 118 kN engine. IAF is planning to use 98 kN for mk. 2. Perhaps Navy can use slightly more powerful version for N-mk. 2, but I don't think it will be anywhere near 118 kN. As per the 2nd attachment, it is of Jane's! If it got some information wrong, that's not my fault. However atleast engine information is correct.

tsunami

Country flag
No, I uploaded that second pic only to clarify HariPrasad-1 about the engine part. Compare with the 1st attachment and you will see same engines. He was saying mk. 2 would use 118 kN engine. IAF is planning to use 98 kN for mk. 2. Perhaps Navy can use slightly more powerful version for N-mk. 2, but I don't think it will be anywhere near 118 kN. As per the 2nd attachment, it is of Jane's! If it got some information wrong, that's not my fault. However atleast engine information is correct.
I am talking about a attachment where you mention LCA data specification.
In that LCA's length is mentioned as 8.2 mtr and wingspan is as 13.2 mtr.

Superdefender

I am talking about a attachment where you mention LCA data specification.
In that LCA's length is mentioned as 8.2 mtr and wingspan is as 13.2 mtr.
Man read my comment properly. I was obviously refering to the second attachment!!!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 7728

If F16 comes to India, it will simply kill Tejas.

No Mk2 after this for IAF.
F-16 will be made under make in India program. Just like other companies are making products in India, fighter jets are being planned.
I get no reason why to kill Tejas. It's a good platform for further development.
Even if government was incompetent, they would not have stepped back after finally creating a fighter.
And this government, it is very sensitive. :D
Whatever, we could get from foreign, they are trying to build at home.

smestarz

Country flag
F-16 will be made under make in India program. Just like other companies are making products in India, fighter jets are being planned.
I get no reason why to kill Tejas. It's a good platform for further development.
Even if government was incompetent, they would not have stepped back after finally creating a fighter.
And this government, it is very sensitive. :D
Whatever, we could get from foreign, they are trying to build at home.
We have potential to make all these planes, Who the hell are the buyers? Or govt expects the industrialists to buy two seat unarmed fighters so that they can travel between metros faster???

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We have potential to make all these planes, Who the hell are the buyers? Or govt expects the industrialists to buy two seat unarmed fighters so that they can travel between metros faster???
By the way, India has a target of coming in top 10 exporter of weapons by exporting arms worth 3 billions( I forgot the deadline :p).
So, building these planes in India may not only increase our grip on matter to whom they are exported but also skilled workers to make our own such planes.

suny6611

Country flag
We must speed up naval nersion of MK2 and out of that we should make Mk2 of Airforce. Naval Mk2 is proposed to be 1.5 M longer than MK1 tejas with a lots of fuel and a 116 to 118 KN engine. It will have a wing root lavcon as well. We must make a Airforce tejas out of that. It shall certainly be a Gripen NG class fighter with 6+ ton payload atleast 3000 to 3500 KM (Without external fuel) range with combat radious of around 1000 KM. Chinkis and porkies shall piss in their pants for sure.

just how do u propose to do that... current range Without external fuel is around 1700 km .... to go up to atleast 3000 to 3500 KM with a thirsty engine (F414),,, with just added space of 1.5 m ?

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
just how do u propose to do that... current range Without external fuel is around 1700 km .... to go up to atleast 3000 to 3500 KM with a thirsty engine (F414),,, with just added space of 1.5 m ?
Yes, Airforce Mk2 will have 40% more fuel so it should give atleast 45% higher range that is 1700*145%= 2465 KM . Now Naval tejas will be 1.5 m longer i.e 1 m longer than Mk2 of airforce so that should carry further one ton kerosine and give a range of atleast 300 KM.

Gessler

Country flag
Very less fire power they should have used multiple missile racks so that we can have multiple A-A missiles and LGB's like these...
Multi-missile pylons have apparently been requested as an out-of-the-box requirement for the Tejas Mk-2 by both IAF & IN.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles