ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

johnj

Well with this tot hals experience will go up hopefully they can upgrade su 30mkis engine's but even if we can isn't testing engines is something we can't do here in India? Wasn't kaveri supposed to go to russia for testing but couldn't cause of war
I think goi ended kaveri pgrm, only kabini further development remain.
No, this experience don't help any improvement, but helps mro, wartime maintenance, to understand manufacturing process of engine, & create jobs.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I think goi ended kaveri pgrm, only kabini further development remain.
No, this experience don't help any improvement, but helps mro, wartime maintenance, to understand manufacturing process of engine, & create jobs.
Thank you for info but whatever program it is its true that we don't have any means to test engines as of now right?

johnj

Thank you for info but whatever program it is its true that we don't have any means to test engines as of now right?
We have a lots of means test engines as of now, but not big or high expensive ones. Lets say, for 1 type engine R&D spending billions of $$ for test facilities/beds not a good idea, but in future, MTA/RTA/AMCA/etc etc etc provide more funds to build more high end means to test engines.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
If designing was completed then what major issues did they find that it might take 1 year
Trust me, I believe I have completed the project I am working on, and everytime I believe I am done, another huge problem comes in. As a result, the product is still under validation. While I am working on some complex protocol, designing an fighter is much more complex. Some stuff they can only know after fabrication.

The best companies capture that issues during design phase. But no company I know will induct an fighter in 3-4 years. The GoI has delayed the financial release for the project beyond acceptable delay.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Trust me, I believe I have completed the project I am working on, and everytime I believe I am done, another huge problem comes in. As a result, the product is still under validation. While I am working on some complex protocol, designing an fighter is much more complex. Some stuff they can only know after fabrication.

The best companies capture that issues during design phase. But no company I know will induct an fighter in 3-4 years. The GoI has delayed the financial release for the project beyond acceptable delay.
I fear the same fate awaits IMRH and AMCA (especially the engine element). Self reliance is just a political slogan, when it comes to putting money where their mouth is they go meek.

the messed up part is these are PEANUTS to the GoI, the entire cost of LCA+LCA MK.2+Kaveri funding to date is less than they spend on welfare schemes in a 3 month period, maybe even a month’s worth. But the economic multiplier of these projects is gargantuan

it’s really starting to bug me how much spin is going on but the ground realities are not matching up- they create slogans but there’s little that translates into actual orders. Since 2014 there’s not been any major IDDM orders except for LCA MK.1A and P17A that I can count.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
I fear the same fate awaits IMRH and AMCA (especially the engine element). Self reliance is just a political slogan, when it comes to putting money where their mouth is they go meek.

the messed up part is these are PEANUTS to the GoI, the entire cost of LCA+LCA MK.2+Kaveri funding to date is less than they spend on welfare schemes in a 3 month period, maybe even a month’s worth. But the economic multiplier of these projects is gargantuan

it’s really starting to bug me how much spin is going on but the ground realities are not matching up- they create slogans but there’s little that translates into actual orders. Since 2014 there’s not been any major IDDM orders except for LCA MK.1A and P17A that I can count.
They couldn't manage to buy Medium multi role fighters other than rafales in small nos, resulting in the decline of squadron strength below 30....8 yrs wasted only in initial gap,single engine multirole and MRFA drama

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag

Well HTT40 has been ordered today. Third major IDDM to be ordered in their term.

But to be fair, our soldiers are better protected with jackets, helmets and stuff compared to 2014. Would give marks on them. But major fund releases haven’t happened.

Vamsi

Country flag

Sachinananda

Total 10Sqns were planned for Mk-2, initially order will be placed for 6 Sqns and later additional 4 Sqns will be ordered.Total there will be 3 Production lines, with production rate of 24 per annum
That's why we shouldn't trust Indian media
Ab tak mk2 bana nahi test hua nahi lsp aya nahi uspe delay ho raha hai par 16 countries interested hai
Mast mal hai

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
GE-414 TOT permission letter out within 2-3 weeks by US govt? We'll see.
He is expecting 10 squadrons, 6 in batch 1 and 4 in batch 2. Air Force is not even mentioning the batch 2.
Damn, the wind tunnel testing done abroad requires 1+ year of advance booking. Good to hear that they are considering building those tunnels here.

Vamsi

Country flag
He is expecting 10 squadrons, 6 in batch 1 and 4 in batch 2. Air Force is not even mentioning the batch 2.
Damn, the wind tunnel testing done abroad requires 1+ year of advance booking. Good to hear that they are considering building those tunnels here.
my worry is that Amrimutts will have our test data...but the good thing in interview is they are planning to increase production rate to 48...but let's see what's gonna happen

DumbPilot

Country flag
why they already aren't here is beyond me. :(

last time we got sanctioned, all our stuff was seized by the Americans. Why are we taking this risk of taking our stuff there again?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
my worry is that Amrimutts will have our test data...but the good thing in interview is they are planning to increase production rate to 48...but let's see what's gonna happen
Production rate 48 a year that sounds like a dream a very sweet dream if that happens I think it will be a really big achievement

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles