ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

thebakofbakchod

it is not delayed by 2 years, it's delayed only by 1 year...it was supposed to happen by Aug 2023, now will happen in Dec 2024
And we are supposed to trust these jokers because? The ADA scientists were so confidently claiming 2023

>“The detailed design is complete. In fact, we are in the critical design review stage and metal cutting should start very shortly. Roll-out of the aircraft (Mk2) is planned next year and the first flight in early 2023. We are well on track to achieve these goals,” Girish S. Deodhare, Programme Director (Combat Aircraft) & Director, ADA, said at an event by the Centre for Air Power Studies and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers.

This was said just over a year ago.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
How can the 1st flight happen in early 2023 when CCS cleared the project just recently. After project is cleared, From assembly to rollout to taxi trials to first flight, 2-3 year is not bad at all. The main issue here is the final config was freezed by customer only in 2018-2019 after several iterations. Then CDR started and after CDR, CCS came

kamaal

Country flag
Never blame the govt for the statements given by ADA leaderships. They had enough funds to roll out 1st prototype and they promised the milestone based on available resources. There has to be some accountability for this now.

thebakofbakchod

On being asked about Tejas Mark 2, the HAL Chairman said, “We will be able to deliver the first prototype in 2025-26 and have the first flight in 2026-27.”

??? HAL and ADA seem hellbent on recreating the original LCA saga

ShukantC

Country flag

On being asked about Tejas Mark 2, the HAL Chairman said, “We will be able to deliver the first prototype in 2025-26 and have the first flight in 2026-27.”

Kya khichdi bann gayi hai .......

Delta Squad

Country flag

Wasn't there some sort of news like prototype development and LSP rollout will happen simultaneously, first LSP will be rolled out in 2025 along with third prototype and first prototype in 2023. As per I know, ADA is responsible for fabricating prototype while HAL will make LSP. Both gave timelines according to their work, and we'll, defence journalism is already shit here, made khichdi out of it. That's the only explanation I can find here...out of limited information available

Sachinananda

Are they serious
Matlab ab 2 sal ka delay
I mean do they know what they are speaking
Kuch toh gadbad hai I mean project is in very preliminary stage

flanker99

Country flag
Inko toh grace period bhi automatically free dete hain fir bhi delay :doh:
Need a strict project manager because you can't fix accountability with so many organisations.
1 person should report to PM office directly why things are deviating.
Truth is from pm's office to psu's everyone's making an ass out of each other
Psu's underestimate challenges and give very challenging timeline and fail to deliver them and babu's dont release enough funds on time.
In this case hal rotor wing department has done well they have constantly maintained +x years after project has been sanctioned...ada is just starting to do this now

Sachinananda

Psu's underestimate challenges and give very challenging timeline and fail to deliver them and babu's dont release enough funds on time.
In this case hal rotor wing department has done well they have constantly maintained +x years after project has been sanctioned...ada is just starting to do this now
I think there is confusion regarding timeline I'm every office
I mean no sensible pd would change the timeline in just 2 days
I feel there is no printing or understanding error
Everyone has reported 1 year delay so that must be official

johnj

At least we're having mk1a and in future b/c/d.....
More mk1,means less mk2. and increased pressure on mrfa.

johnj

Inko toh grace period bhi automatically free dete hain fir bhi delay :doh:
Need a strict project manager because you can't fix accountability with so many organisations.
1 person should report to PM office directly why things are deviating.
Too late for that. Now need a new org for it and new organization creates further delay.

johnj

Becz, its under 1 org, and used req based on 1999/2000 and acquired jv to fill gaps in development, on the other hand with ada, hal, iaf - 3 orgs, if one slips, every one slips, and increased expenditure which causes major delays.
HAL need orders to perform & survival, on the other hand ADA don't.

anirban8

Country flag

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Too late for that. Now need a new org for it and new organization creates further delay.
But then will we have to deal with same issue with mk 2 also? Time has already run out. Airforce doesn't have numbers... Then emergency purchase will come in to play. I guess that's the real objective.

Sachinananda

But then will we have to deal with same issue with mk 2 also? Time has already run out. Airforce doesn't have numbers... Then emergency purchase will come in to play. I guess that's the real objective.
If ada can't provide things in time reasons could be anything not like their fault then unaf will definitely get chance for import but atleast let them import import mmrca first
They can't even import properly
Might be govt sitting on files to safeguard indigenous products

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles