ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I had a question, Dassault, Boeing have their offset commitments remaining, Dassault is spending it on Kaveri engine while boeing has done nothing. We should ask them for investment in AMCA and MK2.
I seriously don't expect from uncle sam anytime anything , what we can do is ask them for some tech while doing a parallel development

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I seriously don't expect from uncle sam anytime anything , what we can do is ask them for some tech while doing a parallel development
Australian unit of Boeing made the BATS system for RAAF. Why don’t we do the same with Indian unit of Boeing? I’m not saying wingmans but other projects too.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Australian unit of Boeing made the BATS system for RAAF. Why don’t we do the same with Indian unit of Boeing? I’m not saying wingmans but other projects too.
Australia , a all time US ally ,with no future possibilities to capture centre stage in world politics with lot of influence .

India isn't such a good friend .

Will someone clarify me something , tejas mk 2 only employs single.engine ,how will be avionics performance , also what is the official external carrying capacity , i can't trust wiki as for tejas it is written 5.3 ton , for.mk 2 it is 6.5 ton .

Any official brochure ??

Ghost hale

Country flag
Australia , a all time US ally ,with no future possibilities to capture centre stage in world politics with lot of influence .

India isn't such a good friend .

Will someone clarify me something , tejas mk 2 only employs single.engine ,how will be avionics performance , also what is the official external carrying capacity , i can't trust wiki as for tejas it is written 5.3 ton , for.mk 2 it is 6.5 ton .

Any official brochure ??
External payload is 6.5 ton shared in aero india 2021. Regarding avionics, Power shouldn't be concern as Radar with 992 T/R modules is specified which is more than RBE2. Even Gripen, F-16 are also single engine but never faced engine power as limiting factor for avionics. So, avionics should be fine.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
External payload is 6.5 ton shared in aero india 2021. Regarding avionics, Power shouldn't be concern as Radar with 992 T/R modules is specified which is more than RBE2. Even Gripen, F-16 are also single engine but never faced engine power as limiting factor for avionics. So, avionics should be fine.
What about tejas mk 1a ,can it cross 4 .5 ton payload mark

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
wiki as for tejas it is written 5.3 ton , for.mk 2 it is 6.5 ton .
5.3 ton is its the total of each pylons max load capacity.. It's not payload & LCA can't fly with that much. Tejas LSP tested upto 4.1ton (4.3 was planned, don't know if already done).

MK1 is specified is 4 ton but already seen with 4.3+ ton. So with structure hardening already being done, 4.5 ton is plausible for MK1a.
I think they're just testing & pushing it's payload capacity upto higher loads.. Structural reinforcement would increase weight & then a everything world have to be recalibrated.

Ghost hale

Country flag
5.3 ton is its the total of each pylons max load capacity.. It's not payload & LCA can't fly with that much. Tejas LSP tested upto 4.1ton (4.3 was planned, don't know if already done).

I think they're just testing & pushing it's payload capacity upto higher loads.. Structural reinforcement would increase weight & then a everything world have to be recalibrated.
I am sure about both 4.3 already tested and structural reinforcement planned at wings and lower surface.

Occasionally, it has been flight tested with even higher payloads. Image 3. below shows a Tejas after a test flight with 4.05 tonnes (t) of payload. Notice that aircraft in Images 1,2 & 3 are Limited Series Production (LSP) test-units with 300 kg of flight instrumentation. In-service aircraft will obviously fly without such instrumentation and therefore can gain up to 0.3 t of extra payload capacity. Which means that their max payload capacity is roughly 4.35 t and not 3 t as has been claimed in the TOI article.

HAL Chairman R Madhavan in a media interview has confirmed Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) has completed the structural design of the new variant of Light Combat Aircraft. Tejas Mk1A will see a few improvements and strengthening on the Structural Design for better operations and maintainability. All these re-design/modifications to design, of not only the structure but also the electrical wiring, cooling system, etc. have been completed.

SARTHAK

Country flag
rbe 2 with 838 modules was a prototype it would probably have 1000 t/r modules in actual production variant,because rafale is primarily focused on situational awareness so having radar with 838 modules doesnt make sense

SARTHAK

Country flag
also mk2 would have rwr (ng) probably better than currently used on su 30mki ,sensor suite of tejas mk2 is quite good .dc maws is interesting aspect, if upgraded could become das easily

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I am sure about both 4.3 already tested and structural reinforcement planned at wings and lower surface.

Occasionally, it has been flight tested with even higher payloads. Image 3. below shows a Tejas after a test flight with 4.05 tonnes (t) of payload. Notice that aircraft in Images 1,2 & 3 are Limited Series Production (LSP) test-units with 300 kg of flight instrumentation. In-service aircraft will obviously fly without such instrumentation and therefore can gain up to 0.3 t of extra payload capacity. Which means that their max payload capacity is roughly 4.35 t and not 3 t as has been claimed in the TOI article.

HAL Chairman R Madhavan in a media interview has confirmed Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) has completed the structural design of the new variant of Light Combat Aircraft. Tejas Mk1A will see a few improvements and strengthening on the Structural Design for better operations and maintainability. All these re-design/modifications to design, of not only the structure but also the electrical wiring, cooling system, etc. have been completed.
Could be.. Tejas empty weight is now 7000kg (from Aero India 2021 brochure).

Ghost hale

Country flag
rbe 2 with 838 modules was a prototype it would probably have 1000 t/r modules in actual production variant,because rafale is primarily focused on situational awareness so having radar with 838 modules doesnt make sense
No such information encountered yet. Available data states 838 and limit factor was space constraint.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles