ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sathya

Country flag
why did it took so much time for HAL to tell that they can t do it. ?

Now 1500 cr goes to whom ? and for what purpose ?

make me wonder whether TEJAS is so advanced or HAL is so dull..

now we realise some one from USA said, INDIA is not yet capable of manufacturing hitech planes is so true..

and that was more than 6 months back, so the problem came to light now.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
why did it took so much time for HAL to tell that they can t do it. ?

Now 1500 cr goes to whom ? and for what purpose ?

make me wonder whether TEJAS is so advanced or HAL is so dull..

now we realise some one from USA said, INDIA is not yet capable of manufacturing hitech planes is so true..

and that was more than 6 months back, so the problem came to light now.
its in the first para of article satya its used to build production facilities to build LCA

The additional amount will be spent on a production line for Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd ( HAL) to build 20 fighters that Indian Air Force (IAF) has ordered for its first Tejas squadron. The IAF has also promised another order for 20 more Tejas for its second squadron. Once the improved Mark II Tejas is developed, the IAF will field 6-7 Tejas squadrons (120-140 fighters).

Rs 1,500 cr more for combat aircraft Tejas as HAL fails to meet targets | idrw.org

p2prada

ADA is defending HAL, with Subramanyam insisting that HAL would build the first 20 Tejas within two-and-a-half to three years. By then the fighter would have obtained final operational clearance (FOC) in its flight-testing programme and production can begin of the next 20 Tejas (which must be built to FOC standards).

This, says Subramanyam, will take another two-and-a-half years, i.e., be completed in 2018. By then, the Tejas Mark II will be tested and ready, and can enter series production.
So, one squadron in 3 years followed by a second squadron in another 3 years, never mind the one year gap when Mk1 production ends and Mk2 starts. That's 7 years to make 2 squadrons by 2019, then the IAF is expecting 3-4 squadrons in 3 years? Bye, bye realistic goals. I already mentioned all of this like a year ago, so no surprises here. At 8 a year, this is a 2 decade project from production to final delivery, including the navy orders.

HAL is not interested in this, they like the easier way of having others build assembly lines for them. People need to stop worrying about the money and focus more on the time it is going to take.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
will somebody help me posting a full colour display MFD's picture of LCA cockpit

i am creating a comparision picture of lca/jft/gripen/rafale/f-16 cockpits

thanks in advance

Decklander

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
It would be nice if you add J-10 to the mix too.
Here it is. The the guy in cockpit is now Cmdr Maolankar. He is 66th course Delta sqn, NDA. I am 70th course, Delta sqn, NDA and we have been together in NDA and also served together in IN in same sqns. He is senior to me by two years in rank.
Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ej5kQwZWlzM/TNDsxctQSnI/AAAAAAAABNg/U5liM0w8w6Y/s1600/LCA_tejas_IAF%2B_india_cockpit_1.jpg
i am onto this project now

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Here it is. The the guy in cockpit is now Cmdr Maolankar. He is 66th course Delta sqn, NDA. I am 70th course, Delta sqn, NDA and we have been together in NDA and also served together in IN in same sqns. He is senior to me by two years in rank.
Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ej5kQwZWlzM/TNDsxctQSnI/AAAAAAAABNg/U5liM0w8w6Y/s1600/LCA_tejas_IAF%2B_india_cockpit_1.jpg
the above picture because of the pilot doesnt fit into the picture i am creating
the reason i will add this picture into that comparision picture

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
what is the top sea level speed and top speed at service ceiling possible for lca mk-1 with SP series a bit higher thrust engine?
Please write.
The lca achieved calibrated air speed of 1350 km/hr plus in a sea level test at a dive from 4 km during the flutter test.This is ada statement.This has been misconstrued as it can achieve that speed only in dive and not in level flight.

So please clarify about this.

Because there is a widespread mis conception that tejas is subsonic at sea level and can't go past mach 1.6 at service ceiling here in this thread.

Last edited:

opesys

what is the top sea level speed and top speed at service ceiling possible for lca mk-1 with SP series a bit higher thrust engine?
Please write.
The lca achieved calibrated air speed of 1350 km/hr plus in a sea level test at a dive from 4 km during the flutter test.This is ada statement.This has been misconstrued as it can achieve that speed only in dive and not in level flight.

So please clarify about this.

Because there is a widespread mis conception that tejas is subsonic at sea level and can't go past mach 1.6 at service ceiling here in this thread.
can't wait for Decklander's reply... :yoga:

Decklander

can't wait for Decklander's reply... :yoga:
The dive was used to achieve quick accelaration. LCA after that flew level at 1350kmph. With new engine, its accelaration will improve drastically. The ac is designed to be supersonic at all altitudes.

Decklander

Last i heard it wasn't supersonic in all altitude, only in high rarefied atmosphere where drag is less it does supersonic.
To be a supersonic an ac has to be first aerodynamically compliant and than it shud have the trust required to get to those speeds. In case of LCA, it is aerodynamically supersonic at all altitudes but the intake size has caused the engines to under perform and increased weight had caused the ac to under perform. This issue has been resolves to some extent in LSp-7&8 and the rest of MK1 models will have better thrust levels compared with previous ac. this has been acheived by increasing airflow to the engine by use of side aux intakes like Jags in LCA.

opesys

To be a supersonic an ac has to be first aerodynamically compliant and than it shud have the trust required to get to those speeds. In case of LCA, it is aerodynamically supersonic at all altitudes but the intake size has caused the engines to under perform and increased weight had caused the ac to under perform. This issue has been resolves to some extent in LSp-7&8 and the rest of MK1 models will have better thrust levels compared with previous ac. this has been acheived by increasing airflow to the engine by use of side aux intakes like Jags in LCA.
What is your opinion about Tejas's wing design. One of the common complaint is that the wing design is very basic and would bleed heavily during turns because of the high amount of drag.
In general if you could give a summary of pros and cons of the design it would be really great. Thanks much in advance.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Making the Tejas fly

by Ajai Shukla
Business Standard, 11th Dec 12

Ask any of the 20-odd Indian Air Force (IAF) test pilots who have flown the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and they will all swear that it is a great fighter to fly. It handles beautifully, screams along at Mach 1.6 (2000 kilometres per hour) :yey: and fires the full range of air-to-air and air-to-ground weaponry. With 2000 test flights under its belt, has already proven that it can fly and fight better than most fighters on the IAF inventory. It is vastly superior to the Mig-21, and is not too far behind the Mirage 2000.

It certainly outclasses the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) JF-17 Thunder, a light fighter like the Tejas, which Pakistan pretends to have developed jointly with China, but is actually Chinese through and through. Unlike the Tejas --- a contemporary fighter made of composite materials with an advanced design and sophisticated avionics --- the JF-17 is an outdated design.:heh::lol: But the PAF has already inducted 60 of these fighters and will eventually operate 250-300 JF-17s, half its total fleet.

Yet the IAF is cool towards the Tejas. It is desperate for more fighters --- against an assessed requirement of 42 fighter squadrons, the IAF has 34 squadrons today, which will fall to 26 in 2017 if the Rafale is not inducted by then. But the IAF chooses to live with this dangerous shortfall rather than inducting the Tejas more quickly.

HAL is the problem with the Tejas. It has little interest in bringing the fighter to production, focusing instead on its own programme, the IJT (pictured here)
Why dont ADA partners with Private Sector for assembling LCA :tsk::tsk:

More here : Broadsword: Making the Tejas fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles