ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Fully agreed, don’t think PM will be permitted by SPG but there’s no reason the DM should not fly, it’s diappointing she chose MKI to fly in first. As a symbolic move would’ve been great to fly the LCA first but alas...

In these 12 months LCA would’ve flown:

IAF ACM
SWAC commander

DRDO chief

French AF chief

USAF chief

Singapore DM

what a list! This goes beyond optics, this is a real testament to the maturity of the platform and is only adding more weight to the LCA’s credibility.

She has finally arrived.
HAL is aiming to sell Tejas-T as an advance LIFT to a market which is very large and which has not a single aircraft in Tejas category (only T-50 comes close). Good to see HAL getting aggressive. A very very pleasant change.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
The capabilities of the fgfa are certainly better than anything else on offer. And the F35 is not on the table to begin with. Let alone it's merits.

My problem is the exorbitant cost of the Su57. Six fucking billion dollars for prototypes?!!
That's way too much. I'd rather we do what we did with the su30MKI. Let the Russians develop the plane and rthe buy rights to license manufacture with additional components of our choice.
Designing and developing a fifth Gen low observable aircraft doesn't come cheap. Money has to be spent in generous amount. Between the Russians have offered us a new R&D deal pegged at 3.05 billion dollar. We will get 3 acs under this deal.

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2017/07/indo-russian-gen-5-fighter-gets-green.html?m=1

So it's not that cheap. And to tell the truth there isnt left for developement now.This sum will be spent on customizing the Pakfa to suit our demands and introducing IAF specifc improvements into the aircraft.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
So it's not that cheap. And to tell the truth there isnt left for developement now.This sum will be spent on customizing the Pakfa to suit our demands and introducing IAF specifc improvements into the aircraft.
FGFA needs to be dumped altogether and entire funding should go to AMCA. In Today's world, there is no reason to totally discard the possibility of Russians giving FGFA's signature to Chinese for little more money than they are already getting from them. Especially when Russians have done it before (to Syrians).

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
recently Russian s said fgfa is not dead ...may be india buy some fgfa as amca will come later .

and after usa iaf will be the 2nd to have 2 fifth generation fighter .

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is a great news. Between did you find out anything about the Fgfa? Is any some positive movement on the deal?

The Air Marshal Simahuty Varthamam committee has recommended that the JV be taken forward with the deal signed. It wouldn't pose any threat to the Amca project was what the committee had said. But the Fgfa project has received a lot of bad flak from the press where people are saying the IAF isn't very keen to pursue the Fgfa due to the various shortcomings in the Pakfa.

I fail to comprehend from where are they finding out the shortcomings. Pakfa has a respectable supercruise speed with a mature Aesa. The GaAs modules have entered series production in NPO Istok. And with the first flight of Izdeliye 30 on Bort 052 on Dec 5,the new engine project which is the definitive engine for the Pakfa is also on track. Then Bort 510,the 10th prototype flew for the first time on Dec 22 last year. Overall the project is pretty much on track now.
FGFA is in doubt but it may come but only after 2-4 more years, the Russians have to prove they will incorporate the changes the IAF is demanding.

This will set 1000s of Jihadi butts on fire. :rofl:

I heard Chini made Blunder JF Jhantu Fudu 17 has already crashed 2 times.
Lol pakis on SM and PDF have suddenly come up with a theory that 2 LCA have crashed and India covered it up!

USAF is actually looking for advanced LIFT aircraft. LCA Tejas trainers can be very good LIFT AIRCRAFT which can Mimic other US Fighters and could be a reason for this flight. Maybe swap agreement you buy f-16s we buy LCAs is on cards. Who knows....
Hmm that would be quite the coup and would be a MASSIVE cash infusion into HAL/LCA. Always said there was a need for IAF to induct LCA as a LIFT also and with th electronic virtual cockpit and ability to mimick any fighter’s displays why would you not do that?

Instead of going for a LIFT IAF stuck in retarded mindset of having IJT and subsonic AJT, facepalm.

abingdonboy

Country flag
HAL is aiming to sell Tejas-T as an advance LIFT to a market which is very large and which has not a single aircraft in Tejas category (only T-50 comes close). Good to see HAL getting aggressive. A very very pleasant change.
Are they actively pursuing that?

Tbh wouldn’t the Tejas be massively over powered for a pure trainer role or would the Tejas-T come without the most cutting edge systems and be “stripped out”?

Babloo Singh

Country flag
There is need for cost effective reliable & low maintenance fighter in CAS role in Afghanistan & Iraq for local Air force. Quick & easy spare & training support and easy to fly are other important requirements.
US Air Force Chief doesn't fly any thing for joy ride...
Look at Afghanistan, Tejas with Afgan Air Force will reduce load on USAF, India can give quick maintenance & training support at reasonable cost, Afgan's don't need AESA etc....
My guess we are going to see Tejas MK-1 flying in Afgan Colors paid for by USA.

Mark my words these MK-1's with IAF won't be upgraded to MK-1A they will go AFG & won't be surprised if few Agf airforce guys are already training here.

Also please note, this is the easiest way to pull India in Afg, and share US's load which they desire..
Tejas base in AFG, IAF team there for maintenance & training (also doing few sorties) no protests in India as we feel proud of our Tejas.
A Tejas Base in Kandhar- Herat region will also protect the Chabhar-Afg supply route and US Forces can borrow supplies form this Indian controlled base which will have it's supply route open through Iran even when PAK plays games with USA.
Personally I would love to see Rudra, Akash & LCH along with Tejas on such base.

abingdonboy

Country flag
There is need for cost effective reliable & low maintenance fighter in CAS role in Afghanistan & Iraq for local Air force. Quick & easy spare & training support and easy to fly are other important requirements.
Look at Afghanistan, Tejas with Afgan Air Force will reduce load on USAF, India can give quick maintenance & training support at reasonable cost, Afgan's don't need AESA etc....

Mark my words these MK-1's with IAF won't be upgraded to MK-1A they will go AFG & won't be surprised if few Agf airforce guys are already training here.

Also please note, this is the easiest way to pull India in Afg, and share US's load which they desire..
Tejas base in AFG, IAF team there for maintenance & training (also doing few sorties) no protests in India as we feel proud of our Tejas.
A Tejas Base in Kandhar- Herat region will also protect the Chabhar-Afg supply route and US Forces can borrow supplies form this Indian controlled base which will have it's supply route open through Iran even when PAK plays games with USA.
Personally I would love to see Rudra, Akash & LCH along with Tejas on such base.
A bit too optimistic imho.

1) Pakis would literally lose their minds if this happened.
2) GoI still too passive and reluctant to okay this
3) the US would be able to source far more cost effective CAS platforms than the LCA, LCA is decent at CAS but there are specifically modified prop planes out there with high endurance, low operational costs and more optimised characteristics for CAS role.

Am sure US would be open to this but Indian side doesn’t think strategically, leadership either indifferent to security affairs or living in 1940s type mindsets.

Babloo Singh

Country flag
1) Pakis would literally lose their minds if this happened.
They will, but do US cares specially if they get access to AFG through any other route ?

2) GoI still too passive and reluctant to okay this
India is worried about public reaction & cost impact. We know leftist/ ISI paid media will create a negative storm.. That's why Selling Tejas route... media will be forced to portray Tejas export as positive for country

3) the US would be able to source far more cost effective CAS platforms than the LCA, LCA is decent at CAS but there are specifically modified prop planes out there with high endurance, low operational costs and more optimised characteristics for CAS role.
USA spend 30 Bn $+ on Pakistan just for logistics and intelligence support, they can definitely find better options than Tejas, issue is not Tejas issue is will they find anyone better that India to support them in Afg. And what they will be willing to pay to get India share their load in AFG specially in view of hostile PAK.

We nee to expand our footprint if we want to become a Global power.... I hope our current leadership will take a plunge

abingdonboy

Country flag
They will, but do US cares specially if they get access to AFG through any other route ?

India is worried about public reaction & cost impact. We know leftist/ ISI paid media will create a negative storm.. That's why Selling Tejas route... media will be forced to portray Tejas export as positive for country

USA spend 30 Bn $+ on Pakistan just for logistics and intelligence support, they can definitely find better options than Tejas, issue is not Tejas issue is will they find anyone better that India to support them in Afg. And what they will be willing to pay to get India share their load in AFG specially in view of hostile PAK.

We nee to expand our footprint if we want to become a Global power.... I hope our current leadership will take a plunge
I like your thinking bro, it connects a lot of dots- I just wish someone in the GoI thought this way!

1.56% of GDP on defence is proof this govt isn't serious about pursuing great/global power status today.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
IMHO I don't see LCA export to Afghanistan.
...usa wont buy LCA for them ...
afghans need light attack air crafts ...

not a light combat aircraft.....

also tejas is costly ...when compared to other options ..used in Afghanistan....
even a attack heli good in afghan ...
I see rudra...dhruva ...lch ..hawk...htt40
.as export options.....

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

HAL/BAE hawks will do the job no need of LCA's.

Babloo Singh

Country flag
HAL/BAE hawks will do the job no need of LCA's.
HAL/BAE will do the job for AFG wrt Taliban.... it won't stretch PAK, AFG having something to shoot down JF-17's.... it will also force PAK AF to split F-16's to both East & West this will put pressure on PAK to behave and will give us the strategic depth which they wanted...

abingdonboy

Country flag
HAL/BAE will do the job for AFG wrt Taliban.... it won't stretch PAK, AFG having something to shoot down JF-17's.... it will also force PAK AF to split F-16's to both East & West this will put pressure on PAK to behave and will give us the strategic depth which they wanted...
US doesn't want to p!ss Pakis off, unless India is funding LCA sale it's not going to happen.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Are they actively pursuing that?

Tbh wouldn’t the Tejas be massively over powered for a pure trainer role or would the Tejas-T come without the most cutting edge systems and be “stripped out”?
LM-KAI T-50 and Boing-SAAB T-X both use the GE-404. So, I won't call it overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles