ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
The biggest optics would be when the Raksha Mantri, takes a ride in the LCA cockpit. No bigger endorsement than that, except if the PM himself chooses to hitch a ride.
Numerous SM cuckoos were shouting as waste of resources for photo ops after her MKI sortie...

Paid media and dalals face should be worth watching after USAF chief sortie.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

abingdonboy

Country flag
The biggest optics would be when the Raksha Mantri, takes a ride in the LCA cockpit. No bigger endorsement than that, except if the PM himself chooses to hitch a ride.
Fully agreed, don’t think PM will be permitted by SPG but there’s no reason the DM should not fly, it’s diappointing she chose MKI to fly in first. As a symbolic move would’ve been great to fly the LCA first but alas...

In these 12 months LCA would’ve flown:

IAF ACM
SWAC commander

DRDO chief

French AF chief

USAF chief

Singapore DM

what a list! This goes beyond optics, this is a real testament to the maturity of the platform and is only adding more weight to the LCA’s credibility.

She has finally arrived.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
may be tejas foc will be come without gun....
iaf is actively looking foc progress....

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Btw I’ve heard from good sources that IAF interest in F35 is utter horse s**t and is planted news. IAF actively managing FGFA and is involved in AMCA, they have zero intentions to look at F35.
This is a great news. Between did you find out anything about the Fgfa? Is any some positive movement on the deal?

The Air Marshal Simahuty Varthamam committee has recommended that the JV be taken forward with the deal signed. It wouldn't pose any threat to the Amca project was what the committee had said. But the Fgfa project has received a lot of bad flak from the press where people are saying the IAF isn't very keen to pursue the Fgfa due to the various shortcomings in the Pakfa.

I fail to comprehend from where are they finding out the shortcomings. Pakfa has a respectable supercruise speed with a mature Aesa. The GaAs modules have entered series production in NPO Istok. And with the first flight of Izdeliye 30 on Bort 052 on Dec 5,the new engine project which is the definitive engine for the Pakfa is also on track. Then Bort 510,the 10th prototype flew for the first time on Dec 22 last year. Overall the project is pretty much on track now.

binayak95

Country flag
This is a great news. Between did you find out anything about the Fgfa? Is any some positive movement on the deal?

The Air Marshal Simahuty Varthamam committee has recommended that the JV be taken forward with the deal signed. It wouldn't pose any threat to the Amca project was what the committee had said. But the Fgfa project has received a lot of bad flak from the press where people are saying the IAF isn't very keen to pursue the Fgfa due to the various shortcomings in the Pakfa.

I fail to comprehend from where are they finding out the shortcomings. Pakfa has a respectable supercruise speed with a mature Aesa. The GaAs modules have entered series production in NPO Istok. And with the first flight of Izdeliye 30 on Bort 052 on Dec 5,the new engine project which is the definitive engine for the Pakfa is also on track. Then Bort 510,the 10th prototype flew for the first time on Dec 22 last year. Overall the project is pretty much on track now.
The capabilities of the fgfa are certainly better than anything else on offer. And the F35 is not on the table to begin with. Let alone it's merits.

My problem is the exorbitant cost of the Su57. Six fucking billion dollars for prototypes?!!
That's way too much. I'd rather we do what we did with the su30MKI. Let the Russians develop the plane and rthe buy rights to license manufacture with additional components of our choice.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The capabilities of the fgfa are certainly better than anything else on offer. And the F35 is not on the table to begin with. Let alone it's merits.

My problem is the exorbitant cost of the Su57. Six fucking billion dollars for prototypes?!!
That's way too much. I'd rather we do what we did with the su30MKI. Let the Russians develop the plane and rthe buy rights to license manufacture with additional components of our choice.
The best option is to go MKI route.

It's just too bloody expensive.

lcafanboy

Country flag
USAF is looking at "Light Attack Aircrafts" for CAS role to replace their older variants of A-10 in the future.
USAF is actually looking for advanced LIFT aircraft. LCA Tejas trainers can be very good LIFT AIRCRAFT which can Mimic other US Fighters and could be a reason for this flight. Maybe swap agreement you buy f-16s we buy LCAs is on cards. Who knows....

Rahul Singh

Country flag

Wow! What a timing and what a hit. USAF Chief flying Tejas-T when T-X is about to start rolling.

Tejas Trainer is a very suitable option for T-X program. So far most powerful aircraft if introduced in T-X race. Also, ADA-HAL is already developing Electronic Virtual Training System for Tejas Trainer. Thereby enabling it to simulate displays of other aircrafts and making it an Advance LIFT. Tune to 11:07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles