ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashwat

Country flag
^ ^Yes either in Q2-Q3. IAF is pushing HAL to deliver Sp12 by that time so they can fly with 12 SPs by the time infra gets readied in Sulur.

kamaal

Country flag
This came just in time. From mid March Tejas is participating in Gagan Shakti.

Tejas pilots will get enough time to get used to the new changes in CLAW.

I am already dreaming of Tejas vs MKI dogfights.
LCAs are probably seating duck in front of MKIs. Unless it is 2 MKI vs 6 LCA and LCA without external fuel load, trying its best to hide from the powerful N011M radar.

I am more interested in RCS number analysis of LCA which ADA claims to be near 5th gen, I would love to see LCA proving its worth in this category as this will give it edge not only against PAF but also PLAAF.

All this BS about "Talks back to you" doesn't make LCA a proper fighter, these are sub-features which will be useful in maintenance but not during war.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
LCAs are probably seating duck in front of MKIs. Unless it is 2 MKI vs 6 LCA and LCA without external fuel load, trying its best to hide from the powerful N011M radar.

I am more interested in RCS number analysis of LCA which ADA claims to be near 5th gen, I would love to see LCA proving its worth in this category as this will give it edge not only against PAF but also PLAAF.

All this BS about "Talks back to you" doesn't make LCA a proper fighter, these are sub-features which will be useful in maintenance but not during war.
Talks back itself shows that tejas is all digital aircraft, any problem itself pop ups. ADA never claimed that it's rcs is near fifth gen, the rcs available data is 0.5m2 and real data is classified, a stealth fighter has rcs of 0.0001m2 public. LCA is smallest, will be hard time to lock on in a wvr.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

tejas warrior

Country flag

Let me remind you, Tejas will match MKIs in BVR comfortably.

Mk1A with AESA will be a different game altogether !!

MKIs needs an upgrade ASAP.

Flame Thrower

I'd rather wait till Gagan Shakti, than agree with you.
You maybe sure of MKI's capability, but don't underestimate Tejas

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Let me remind you, Tejas will match MKIs in BVR comfortably.

Mk1A with AESA will be a different game altogether !!

MKIs needs an upgrade ASAP.
Not so easy. The capability of Bars radar is classified. And tejas don't match BVR with Su30 as it don't a jammer, it's not easy to lock on a Su30mki without an aesa.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Tejas is going to get butchered if it is pitted against MKI now. Simply because Su-30 MKI pilots have well developed tactics. Tejas tactics are yet to be developed in full.

vishnugupt

Country flag
We all attached emotionally with Tejas and want her win against best aircraft in the world but fact remains that Su-30 MKI is Air superiority, highly matured platform. Tejas wouldn't stand a chance in current configuration. Still I believe Tejas is a technological milestone for India, a stepping stone for our Aero-industry and fully fit to serve lower end requirements of Air force.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Shockingly come 2020 LCA MK.1A will be the second most advanced fighter (behind Rafale only) in IAF inventory. Mk.1A with AESA+ I-Derby Mk.3 with a range >100km will outperform MKI quite easily, LCA may even get to “see” MKI before LCA is ever “seen” by LCA.

WVR would be interesting, MKI should have the edge with its “super manoeuvrability” thanks to canards and TVC but then LCA can also do 9Gs and has a HMD and HOBS capability.

MKI obviously outperforms LCA in Range and payload but lethality will be shockingly close in the near future.

+ also disagree that onboard diagnostics and maintenance is a trivial matter. In wartime the fight is just as much about attrition as it is about outright combat performance figures, no good having the a good platform if it is sat on the ground and the MKI’s hanger queen tendencies are well known. LCA will be a trusty workhorse by all accounts.

Saichand K

Country flag
Shockingly come 2020 LCA MK.1A will be the second most advanced fighter (behind Rafale only) in IAF inventory. Mk.1A with AESA+ I-Derby Mk.3 with a range >100km will outperform MKI quite easily, LCA may even get to “see” MKI before LCA is ever “seen” by LCA.

WVR would be interesting, MKI should have the edge with its “super manoeuvrability” thanks to canards and TVC but then LCA can also do 9Gs and has a HMD and HOBS capability.

MKI obviously outperforms LCA in Range and payload but lethality will be shockingly close in the near future.

+ also disagree that onboard diagnostics and maintenance is a trivial matter. In wartime the fight is just as much about attrition as it is about outright combat performance figures, no good having the a good platform if it is sat on the ground and the MKI’s hanger queen tendencies are well known. LCA will be a trusty workhorse by all accounts.
Even if Mk1 is inferior to MKIs right now, they can do the role of Mig-27ML perfectly. They have 4tonne payload capability on par with jaguars. And under the umbrella of MKIs and its superior maintenance due to less turn around time, LCAs will be a night mare for enemies in it's bombing runs. LCAs would be a great force multipliers along with MKIs.
Pitch one MKI and two Mk1s and miracles will start. MKI will also extend range of LCA (in case of Mk1-FOCs) bcs of buddy refueling. I feel MK1As if properly executed would be in a different league.

Last edited:

Saichand K

Country flag

That is not BS. That results in easier serviceability which is everything in war scenario. This results in less turn around time and greater availability rate.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Tejas are going to be a challenge against MKI, During Cope 2005 bisions guided by MKI got too close to F15s and proved to be a challenge in close, These bisions remained invisible until they got too close ..

Tejas on other hand is design for low observability, that is the biggest + point of Tejas ..

Tejas is going to get butchered if it is pitted against MKI now. Simply because Su-30 MKI pilots have well developed tactics. Tejas tactics are yet to be developed in full.
We all attached emotionally with Tejas and want her win against best aircraft in the world but fact remains that Su-30 MKI is Air superiority, highly matured platform. Tejas wouldn't stand a chance in current configuration. Still I believe Tejas is a technological milestone for India, a stepping stone for our Aero-industry and fully fit to serve lower end requirements of Air force.

mahesh

Country flag
I would love to see Tejas in ice boren lands sporting with pakfa color scheme.
( Can I get the Tejas 3D model anywhere)

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk

Pandeyji

Country flag
2 words:- Super Sukhoi.
Su30 already outperforms Su35 and matches the front line fighters of world barring F22 & F35. Super Sukhois would be better.
abingdonboy said:
Why we want to see the two fight? In wartime the plans call for mk1 to follow MKI like bisons did.

abingdonboy said:
+1
Small nitpick about the MKI; it used to sit on ground because of improper maintainence. HAL started providing on-site maintainence under Parrikar and now the availability is about 70% with plans to increase it to 80% in future.

abingdonboy

Country flag
2 words:- Super Sukhoi.
Where is it? Russians are doing their usual game of promising the world but then asking for the moon to pay for it. Have been hearing about "Super Sukhoi" for at least 8 years now but NO contract is even on the horizon and HAL is already undertaking MLUs on the oldest MKIs.

LCA will have an AESA way before MKI does.
Why we want to see the two fight? In wartime the plans call for mk1 to follow MKI like bisons did.
Was only speaking hypothetically and clarifying that the LCA is no slouch, it is a beastly little package now.
Small nitpick about the MKI; it used to sit on ground because of improper maintainence. HAL started providing on-site maintainence under Parrikar and now the availability is about 70% with plans to increase it to 80% in future.
True but think it is around 65% now (was 40-50% when NDA took over) and target is 75% BUT it's going to be disgustingly expensive to maintain this over the next 20-30 years. The AL-31 for example needs to be replaced 2-3 times as often as the M88 or F404 and unlike the Rafale and LCA the MKI doesn't have onboard diagnostics meaning the number of hours of downtime per flight hour are higher AND more preventative and exhaustive maintainence has to occur.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Tejas are going to be a challenge against MKI, During Cope 2005 bisions guided by MKI got too close to F15s and proved to be a challenge in close, These bisions remained invisible until they got too close ..

Tejas on other hand is design for low observability, that is the biggest + point of Tejas ..
This is why MK.1A could prove to be an absolutely devestating package- small airframe with high degress of composite materials with the ability to carry THE BEST avionics (AESA) mated to utterly world class weapons (I-Derby Mk.3).

LCA has a very good chance of seeing first AND shooting first.

Mark my words, as more and more in IAF come to know of LCA's abilities she is going to become a runaway success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles