ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
If the Govt can commit to even a minimum of say 100 aircraft to be assembled at each privately owned assembly plant, we shall see a slew of proposals to set up the same.
The same ancillaries can be utilized and HAL can continue to be the lead integrator, we can have a system where four or five assembly plants are assembling 10 aircraft each per annum apart from HAL's 10 as well.This shall enable us to build up numbers rapidly.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
I am only Guessing ... This seems more like management talk.. of Rate of production.. 8/ year might be extrapolation of the current production rate that may have started dec/ jan to this financial year .. expected 16/year might be target for next financial year ..

Aircraft production moves from station to station in x number of days ... depending on how many stations/stages is designed in the assembly line.....
Tejas Serial production is yet to start.

What is going on now is the making up of first four SPs which were built in old line.

These will primarily used by tactics development department of IAF to hone skills for tejas pilots.

We are yet to get FOC.Full scale series production possible only after FOC later this year.

And only a couple of months before state of the art machines were installed in HAL tejas new production line.

Till now most of tejas activity is from old production tech that is not good enough for IAF standards , barely enough to prove PVs & LSPs to get certification.

Thats why manohar parrikar has categorically stated that tejas series production will start by NEXT YEAR

http://www.shortindia.com/firstpost...ion-of-tejas-by-next-year-parrikar-76460.html

Every Defence Jour ANALyst knows it but wont say it openly, because HAL is not going to pay them for saying these home truths!!!

garg_bharat

Country flag
I said before already that HAL has been very slow in building up the line. Of course HAL has had very confusing signals from IAF for a very long time. So maybe that is one of the reasons.

Of course there is a lack of vision in HAL. Of course it takes time to buy and set up machinery, hire and train people etc. So I guess production line for Tejas is still not there yet.

HAL needs to work like a private company. I am sure private companies like Mahindras will overtake HAL in five years as things stand.

salute

Just a question, Can HAL production line for Su30MKI at its Nashik plant can be utilized for producing Tejas MK1A & MK2 to increase production after 2019 ? Can it work as a 2nd production line for tejas with little investment ?

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ukhoi-30mki-fleet-by-2019-114042200138_1.html
both are different jets with different components,

dont know how much their expertise gonna be useful at lca manufacturing,

sukhois are not made up of composite materials,

only russian thing lca using are russian weapons,

after sukhoi mki fleet production gets completed it maybe utilized as a lca assembly because they not gonna work on foreign components,

but indian design jets.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I doubt nashik will be used for LCA tejas.

Hal nashik will make and service su-30 series which is already a very big fleet.

Tejas will be made at Bangalore and its support system is also near Bangalore.

garg_bharat

Country flag
A fighter consumes 5% of its initial cost annually in service needs. With a fleet of 272 planned, that is 13.5 planes worth every year. Assuming 400 crore cost of one plane, this is almost 5000 crore just for spares for servicing annually. Plus up gradations.

The pak-fa production is next for nashik.

Compersion

Country flag
i still have the question on what engine will power the Tejas MK 1.5 and Tejas MK 2 ?

Will we be making those engines ourselves ? and how much would they cost and can they be used for other juicy stuff.

salute

i still have the question on what engine will power the Tejas MK 1.5 and Tejas MK 2 ?

Will we be making those engines ourselves ? and how much would they cost and can they be used for other juicy stuff.
ge404 and ge414,

these are american engines but they gonna made here at india,

indian design engines not ready yet,
and iaf and indian govt. not wait any longer just for engines because rest of plane is ready,
so thats why these american engines,

maybe later they use lca as platform to evaluate the performance of indian design engines when they are ready,

indian design engines gonna power drones.

Compersion

Country flag
ge404 and ge414,

these are american engines but they gonna made here at india,

indian design engines not ready yet,
and iaf and indian govt. not wait any longer just for engines because rest of plane is ready,
so thats why these american engines,

maybe later they use lca as platform to evaluate the performance of indian design engines when they are ready,

indian design engines gonna power drones.
thanks for reply also i do know about ge. but is that confirmed and when will we be making them here in India ? why it has not been started and made into a bigger news. are we waiting for FOC ? what are we waiting for

which Engine will be powering Tejas MK 1.5 and MK 2. With confirmed and proper timelines. Will we get TOT on those engines . we have seen how Rafael and France and India does things with the TOT question and it is taking time. I like to talk about Tejas it is a wonderful development but i see the problem right in front of my face and people not talking enough about it.

salute

thanks for reply also i do know about ge. but is that confirmed and when will we be making them here in India ? why it has not been started and made into a bigger news. are we waiting for FOC ? what are we waiting for

which Engine will be powering Tejas MK 1.5 and MK 2. With confirmed and proper timelines. Will we get TOT on those engines . we have seen how Rafael and France and India does things with the TOT question and it is taking time. I like to talk about Tejas it is a wonderful development but i see the problem right in front of my face and people not talking enough about it.
foc is just little more than formality,

initail deal with ge is finalized and signed already,

ge 414 gonna be made by india under tot,

its manufacturing not started because they gonna come later after ge 404 and india not gonna be making ge404 engines which gonna come for first batch of lca mk.1,

indian is interested of more powerful and performance ge 414 engines which gonna come for later batches of lca mk.1a and mk.2,

and according to deal first batch of 40 something lca gonna receive ready made ge 404 engines,

and indian bazaaru media is busy with something bs.

akk

Country flag
I remember 40 ge404 engines and 100 ge404 engines were ordered. With 100 mk1a on order now that will use 404 engines, what is the current status for additional 404 engines? Any info please?

sorcerer

Country flag
IDN TAKE: One Gulf Country has Requested Information on the TEJAS

The decision to field the TEJAS fighter in the Bahrain Air Show 2016 has been a masterstroke by the Department of Defence, Government of India, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) & Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) also ably supported by qualitative expertise from CEMILAC, DGAQA and CSI. The exensive coverage received during the show has proved to be a moral booster for the much beleagured fighter. The cordinated efforts by all agencies is laudable as it involved complex logistics planning and execution. Putting up a flight display in front of an international audience is no mean feat.

As an illustration, TEJAS versatility was epitomized even before the start of the event by one singular feat before landing at the Sakhir Air Base in Manama for the Bahrain International Air Show (BIAS), the fighter flew for more than 1,800 km from Bangalore to Jamnagar, before covering a further 1,200 km for a second refuelling stop in Muscat. The final leg was another 795 km to the venue. The total distance covered by both the fighters (Limited Series Production-4 and LSP-7) is an astonishing 3,800 km, no mean feat by any standards.

Following this, in a show of unprecedented & breathtaking proportions, the TEJAS grabbed the spotlight with a awe-inspiring mid-air precision display of its prowers as a modern flying machine.
Gireeshan, a proud NRI told IND's representative at the Air show, "I have only heard about this indigenous jet as I have been living in the Gulf region for more than 20 years. I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to witness the fighter first hand. It was a stunning display which relegated all other fighters at the show to the background."

Yusuf another spectator said, "It was heartwarming to see our fighter competing with its western counterparts. Since they have decades of experience in designing and manufacturing combat jets, it is no wonder that it took our country so many years to develop & perfect the technology as we are relatively new in this field."

Augmentation Plan
HAL is also ramping up production to seven units this year before doubling to 16 in 2018. HAL is also building an upgraded version the Mk1A, which features numerous production and system enhancements over an initial batch of 20 jets.

TEJAS has achieved a significant amount of maturity as more than 3,000 flights have been completed by ADA and the air force has received its first production example. The agencies have adopted a parallel process between test and evaluation and production.

With the deadline fast approaching for FOC Certification, work is under way to integrate the indigenous developed ASTRA active radar homing beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) and the Israeli Derby & Python-5 missiles with the TEJAS. The plan is to integrate both Close Combat Missiles (CCM) for short range interceptions and a BVRAAM suite for long range air-to-air defence. It is worthy to note that the Russian Vympel R-73 weapon has already been cleared for use by TEJAS.

Opportunities Galore
Opportunities are now abound for exploring potential export customers for the 4++ generation fighter. In terms of interest, BIAS was a good platform, and it was reported that the program will have interested people coming to India in April 2016. It is quite evident that PM Modi's "Make in India" program also extends to seeking international sales of its products. (With inputs from PTI, Globalflight & IANS)

http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2016/01/idn-take-one-gulf-country-has-requested.html

sorcerer

Country flag
Received Queries for LCA Tejas During Bahrain Air Show: HAL Chief T Suvarna Raju

NEW DELHI:
Queries were received about the country's indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas for possible export, during the recently held Bahrain air show, HAL chief T Suvarna Raju today said but refused to identify the interested countries.

He also asserted that the first upgraded Tejas with better radar, missiles system, mid-air refueling capability, would be handed over to the force by 2018.

"We have got inquiries for LCA already," Raju said as he lauded the aircraft's performance at this month's Bahrain air show.

Asked for the names of countries which have evinced interest, Raju told PTI, "Believe us when I say there are inquiries for LCA."

The aircraft is expected to replace the ageing fleet of MiG-21 fighter planes in the Indian Air Force.
Talking about the LCA programme, he said HAL and others are working on the "requirements" needed to make the aircraft useful to the operator, which in this case will be IAF.

IAF plans to acquire 120 Tejas aircraft, with 100 of them having some major modifications. It wants better radar, new electronic warfare suit, refuelling capacity and beyond the vision range missiles.

"The series production has started. We are increasing the capacity from 8 to 16 per annum. We will be rolling out good numbers.

"The requirements which are are required for this aircraft to be useful to the operator would be complied by HAL," he said.
Raju said that the first aircraft with all required modifications would be handed over to IAF in 2018.
As per the production plan, six aircraft will be made this year (2015-16) and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd will subsequently scale it up to eight and 16 aircraft per year.
It is estimated that 20 aircraft will be built by 2017- 2018 to make the first squadron of the plane. The LCA program was initiated in 1983 to replace the ageing MiG-21s planes in IAF's combat fleet but has missed several deadlines due to various reasons.

As India aims to market the Tejas, it will face competition from Pakistan's JF 17, built in collaboration with China. The aircraft has already been placed in the open market and it was speculated that one Asian country had evinced interest in the aircraft.

Sri Lanka had recently denied reports that it had evinced interest in the Pakistani plane.
Meanwhile, talking about the indigenous light attack helicopter, Raju said IAF has selected it weapons and HAL is in the process of integrating it.

"By September, we will prove it. From March, we will be flying with weaponised helicopter," he said.

Source>>

tejas warrior

Country flag
I remember 40 ge404 engines and 100 ge404 engines were ordered. With 100 mk1a on order now that will use 404 engines, what is the current status for additional 404 engines? Any info please?
IAF is yet to place orders for Mk1-A..it has been decided but order has not been placed yet.

akk

Country flag
Thanks. Considering they plan to produce mk1a from 2018, can they order and get 404 engines at such short notice, specially when they are IN version and not standard versions? I thought they would need to place orders years in advance. Also, since mk1a is replacing mk2 orders of 100 planes, would they replace 414 with 404 orders since they wouldn't need 414 engines in the short term. It is notable that 414 deliveries were meant to begin this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles