ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Middle East buyers eye India's Tejas

“There is good interest for the aircraft from the trade observers and the Middle East buyers,” the delegation said. “A missile system displayed at the airshow has also generated interest from a potential buyer,” Christopher informed.

“Yesterday, we had a specific discussion with buyers from Abu Dhabi. We have orally received interests from many groups and will be looking to sign many deals soon,” he added. Kaveri Renganathan CEO, HAL, Bangalore, said the company would produce atleast 16 Tejas every year by 2019.

http://www.newsofbahrain.com/viewNews.php?ppId=13308&TYPE=Posts&pid=21&MNU=2&SUB=2

Chinmoy

Country flag
Middle East buyers eye India's Tejas

“There is good interest for the aircraft from the trade observers and the Middle East buyers,” the delegation said. “A missile system displayed at the airshow has also generated interest from a potential buyer,” Christopher informed.

“Yesterday, we had a specific discussion with buyers from Abu Dhabi. We have orally received interests from many groups and will be looking to sign many deals soon,” he added. Kaveri Renganathan CEO, HAL, Bangalore, said the company would produce atleast 16 Tejas every year by 2019.

http://www.newsofbahrain.com/viewNews.php?ppId=13308&TYPE=Posts&pid=21&MNU=2&SUB=2
Well if something like this happens, it would be a dream come true fro us. I think pvt sector would eye a share of pie in it.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

A priceless photograph of Tejas leaving Muscat enroute to Jamnagar, post Bahrain ballet. Pic: Vijay Anand

Indramani Pandey, Ambassador of India in Oman ready to get inside Tejas cockpit at Muscat. Pic: Vijay Anand

Indramani Pandey, Ambassador of India in Oman inside Tejas cockpit at Muscat. Pic: VijayAnand

sauce

cannonfodder

Country flag
Countries would be interested in MK2 for sure. India should actively search for countries that can financially contribute to development of MK2 version. I would like the Russian way though take all the money and give little dev work share.:bounce:

Export will happen, if not for Mk1 then surely for Mk1-A OR Mk2.

Last edited:

myana

Yogesh Kumar, a distinguished alumnus from Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh and IIT Chennai, is a renowned technologist in the field of Aircraft and its related systems. Here he is explaining how Tejas was built.

This precise answer to the critics(moaners) who were talking about timeline for development of Tejas.

Nuvneet Kundu

Countries would be interested in MK2 for sure. India should actively search for countries that can financially contribute to development of MK2 version. I would like the Russian way though take all the money and give little dev work share.:bounce:
Does Russia give development work share or production work share? Many times a JV just means that the technology demonstrator prototype is 100% ready and the country needs money to set up factory lines. So they come to India for a collaboration on production and agree to call the project a JV. I really don't know how much we contributed in the Brahmos R&D.

Anyway, we should do a JV. We have overlooked a lot of potent partners like Japan. They have their own stealth program going on. They even redesigned the F16 for their own requirements. Even Iran is entering the big boy club after sanctions have been lifted. It's a shame that everyone is blinded by American propaganda and thinks that Iran has a faltering tech base, but look at their weapons deve in the last decade. It's more R&D than India did. All their missiles, vehicles, drones, small arms artillery, rockets are indigenous. We should partner with them for joint production of non-technical, non-critical things like bullets and mortars. Set up Indian factories in Iran and use these factories to supply our armed forces deployed in Afghanistan directly instead of making it in India and wondering how to transport it.

Last edited:

Bahamut

It big step for Indian aerospace industry
Hope for continuous support from Govt and IAF for work of HAL

cannonfodder

Country flag
I am aware of that bro.. and sarcastic of JV projects we do with Russians. I do not think Russians are entirely wrong though, they think about their own industry and protecting their intellectual property. I m just saying we should also be doing the same and be selfish about it.:bounce:

Russian friendship was not entirely useless either. We did get good military HW like Sukhoi and other tech.

Does Russia give development work share or production work share? Many times a JV just means that the technology demonstrator prototype is 100% ready and the country needs money to set up factory lines. So they come to India for a collaboration on production and agree to call the project a JV. I really don't know how much we contributed in the Brahmos R&D.

Anyway, we should do a JV. We have overlooked a lot of potent partners like Japan. They have their own stealth program going on. They even redesigned the F16 for their own requirements. Even Iran is entering the big boy club after sanctions have been lifted. It's a shame that everyone is blinded by American propaganda and thinks that Iran has a faltering tech base, but look at their weapons deve in the last decade. It's more R&D than India did. All their missiles, vehicles, drones, small arms artillery, rockets are indigenous. We should partner with them for joint production of non-technical, non-critical things like bullets and mortars. Set up Indian factories in Iran and use these factories to supply our armed forces deployed in Afghanistan directly instead of making it in India and wondering how to transport it.

Last edited:

Nuvneet Kundu

I am aware of that bro.. and sarcastic of JV projects we do with Russians. I do not think Russians are entirely wrong though, they think about their own industry and protecting their intellectual property. I m just saying we should also be doing the same and be selfish about it.:bounce:

Russian friendship was not entirely useless either. We did get good military HW like Sukhoi and other tech.
I'm not blaming the Russians, I am only blaming ourselves for not doing enough for indigenous production. If everything becomes indigenous, then it will remove structural corruption in the MOD and armed forces. Today, the corrupt officers in IAF can simply keep pressurizing the government claiming that "we need more planes", they will get handsome bribes from foreign equipment manufacturers. Tomorrow when Tejas will become our default choice, then if IAF says "we need more planes" the government can simply say "no problem, do you want 50 Tejas jets? or 75 Tejas jets? Take 100, we don't mind" :D

Abhi9

Country flag
@ersakthivel @Kunal Biswas is 2nd day display at bahrain. You can see awesome display of Tejas AoA, HIgh g manouvers. and incredibly quick change of direction. According to some paki, its bleeding two much energy in turns which i did not see. As i did not notice the after burner being turned on to compensate fo energy bleed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles