ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahamut

G 404 is confirmed but ToT take time ,making a engine is more complicated the jet,talks are on G 414.
By start LCA had to use kaveri engine ,it just that it is still in testing phase plus to fit the engine require some changes in air frame plus the testing.It should be fine in 10 yrs.

Nuvneet Kundu

G 404 is confirmed but ToT take time ,making a engine is more complicated the jet,talks are on G 414.
By start LCA had to use kaveri engine ,it just that it is still in testing phase plus to fit the engine require some changes in air frame plus the testing.It should be fine in 10 yrs.
What I meant was, do you have any link to any official statement from a policy maker or DRDO or HAL person claiming that the GE engine will be replaced by Kaveri when it is ready?

Bahamut

What I meant was, do you have any link to any official statement from a policy maker or DRDO or HAL person claiming that the GE engine will be replaced by Kaveri when it is ready?
No link now ,I will try to find them as soon as I get them I will post it.

Nuvneet Kundu

It doesn't say that we will use Kaveri for Tejas. It clearly mentions that we will use GE414 for Tejas. It clearly mentions that Kaveri was removed from the Tejas project in 2009. Come on man.

It says :

India and US officials Under the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) talks have agreed in joint development of the jet engine technology, Indian Ambassador to US S Jaishankar to avoid further confusion also clarified that ” it was much broader than the Kaveri jet engine that India is already working on” .

Clarification coming from Indian Ambassador for joint development was clear that it will not be further or enhanced development of Kaveri engine which last year was officially terminated after engine project failed to achieve its design parameters. Kaveri engine was also officially De-linked from LCA Tejas Project in 2009 and GTRE plans for a Joint venture to develop a new engine based on French designed Snecma M88-2 core with French Snecma company failed to materialise after few years of negotiation.

aliyah

Still do you think Vietnam should buy Tejas with a American engine, they too have suffered sanctions and might be averse to such a deal but a K9 engine would be sensible for Vietnam as its a Indian engine with uninterrupted supply for foreseeable future..
1) no problems with American at all. Americans are more desperate for improving relationship with india , Vietnam etc.
2)if Vietnam can buy tejas thats ok , if they can't then give them 20 planes for free(how much does it cost 160 cr per plane mrp with 20% profit margin) so near abut 500 million $ but this will give china clear msg that if u give paki more stuff then next thing Vietnam will have........bhramos...... ;)
3)we have everything to compete with china just need 1 reliable plane

tejas warrior

Country flag
Some recent updates on Tejas from FB page:

1. It has been the directive by the ministry to work in parallel for both Mark 1a and Mark 2. However, priority is with Mark 1A. The configuration for Mark2 is still under debate and will definitely be improved from Mark 1A. The aircraft has been flying in high subsonic mach no in sea level conditions. Barring a small pocket in the bottom right corner, the entire envelope has been flight tested.

2. Navy Mk 2 has been finalized. NP 1-and 2-will shortly be heading for Goa for flight testing. The undercarriage problem is being getting sorted out as done in air force versions. Navy mk2 will be a much better aircraft because of the anticipation of shortfalls in the current version. That is what ia development cycle goes thru.
IAF MK2 has sometime to go as the priority is to get mark 1A quickly out.

3. Cobham radome ground integration checks are done and soon the flight testing phase with it will commence soon. RFP integration will happen soon. The prototype has been identified for both.

4. Mostly sp2 will do her maiden flight soon and hope to have 3-and 4 to be ready by the end of 2016.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Some recent updates on Tejas from FB page:

1. It has been the directive by the ministry to work in parallel for both Mark 1a and Mark 2. However, priority is with Mark 1A. The configuration for Mark2 is still under debate and will definitely be improved from Mark 1A. The aircraft has been flying in high subsonic mach no in sea level conditions. Barring a small pocket in the bottom right corner, the entire envelope has been flight tested.

2. Navy Mk 2 has been finalized. NP 1-and 2-will shortly be heading for Goa for flight testing. The undercarriage problem is being getting sorted out as done in air force versions. Navy mk2 will be a much better aircraft because of the anticipation of shortfalls in the current version. That is what ia development cycle goes thru.
IAF MK2 has sometime to go as the priority is to get mark 1A quickly out.

3. Cobham radome ground integration checks are done and soon the flight testing phase with it will commence soon. RFP integration will happen soon. The prototype has been identified for both.

4. Mostly sp2 will do her maiden flight soon and hope to have 3-and 4 to be ready by the end of 2016.
My understanding from point 1 & 2 :
Development will follow in sequence:
1. Mk1 (FOC by 2016)
2. Mk1-A (target 2017)
3. Mk2-N Navy (Work going on)
4. Mk2 IAF (work on hold for Mk1A & Mk2-N)
5. AMCA (project will be running in parallel but will take more time than Mk2 as its being developed from scratch)

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Guys there is news that Russia & India have reached agreement for FGFFA

Now the french are throwing in Rafale M to justify price cuts to india for their other overseas customers. Modi govt by leaking the news that they have arrived at FGFA agreement with russia is just putting Dassault in the hot seat.

With 100 tejas mk1A & FGFA in 7 years the "BURNING NEED for a MIDDLE(finger) weight category fighter in IAF" is non existent.

It is all together a brilliant show by modi govt. They just timed it like Sachin does with his straight sixes in his glory years.

Make tejas mk1 complete a vertical loop in 16 seconds & a minimum turn radius with in 350 meters at 160 knots, announce the FGFA deal on the eve of Holande visit to put extreme pressure on France.

If the France couldn't offer discount they will let negotiations meander to nothinmess and buy a few additional scorpenes and close the chapter.

if the french agrees then lot of rafale tech will be available for AMCA

I got my votes worth !!!

tejas warrior

Country flag

Now the french are throwing in Rafale M to justify price cuts to india for their other overseas customers. Modi govt by leaking the news that they have arrived at FGFA agreement with russia is just putting Dassault in the hot seat.

With 100 tejas mk1A & FGFA in 7 years the "BURNING NEED for a MIDDLE(finger) weight category fighter in IAF" is non existent.

It is all together a brilliant show by modi govt. They just timed it like Sachin does with his straight sixes in his glory years.

Make tejas mk1 complete a vertical loop in 16 seconds & a minimum turn radius with in 350 meters at 160 knots, announce the FGFA deal on the eve of Holande visit to put extreme pressure on France.

If the France couldn't offer discount they will let negotiations meander to nothinmess and buy a few additional scorpenes and close the chapter.

I got my votes worth !!!

yup, this is also my understanding.

Parrikar & Modi are putting lots of pressure on French side and FGFA is a tactics.

sorcerer

Country flag

I got my votes worth !!!
MoU on Rafales signed - Live press Conference!!

India, France sign MoU on Rafale jets, finances yet to be agreed: Modi

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ighter-jets/story-ZsPUSprczZkNf2OlSMrKBN.html

tsunami

Country flag
Does MOU has some meaning... Yet it's not mandatory for India to buy Rafale if price is not right... If not then MOU is nothing but media showoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles