ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit b3

Country flag
seriously specs of mk1 sounds from 1980's era and even lower than Mig21
"Specs" isnt everything.
Its the "Technology".
Glass cockpit , Fly by Wire , Composite Structure , Pilot friendly controls, advanced avionics , Pulse dopler Radar(150kms Air-Air / 300kms Air to Sea), maneuverability and agility. Etc.
These technologies arent available in a 1980s aircraft.

I would say Tejas mk1 is a 90s Aircraft to be honest. We are some years behind ,yes, but the success of Tejas laid a strong foundation for the Indian Aerospace industry.

And Oh yes, the Price, its just under 30mil$ each. One of the cheapest in the world.

mans.randhawa

Sir, all new comers talk like this.

Nothing new on DFI.

Stay regular on DFI and you will start getting the reality.

Best of luck then.
I may be new but i am not stupid , with a engineering background i well understand aircraft specs , fact is LCA is most under powered , under ranged aircraft and there is still no operational squadron .
Hard to imagine any other use for this than to defend against any incoming attack

mans.randhawa

"Specs" isnt everything.
Its the "Technology".
Glass cockpit , Fly by Wire , Composite Structure , Pilot friendly controls, advanced avionics , Pulse dopler Radar(150kms Air-Air / 300kms Air to Sea), maneuverability and agility. Etc.
These technologies arent available in a 1980s aircraft.

I would say Tejas mk1 is a 90s Aircraft to be honest. We are some years behind ,yes, but the success of Tejas laid a strong foundation for the Indian Aerospace industry.

And Oh yes, the Price, its just under 30mil$ each. One of the cheapest in the world.
JF 17 is much cheaper with many more features and better range and guess what it has 70+ operational units.

Zebra

Country flag
I may be new but i am not stupid , with a engineering background i well understand aircraft specs , fact is LCA is most under powered , under ranged aircraft and there is still no operational squadron .
Hard to imagine any other use for this than to defend against any incoming attack
Sir, please enlighten me, how Tejas Mk2 will be under powered and under ranged aircraft.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have right to make sure that sorry trolls stay out of this forum, I am here to make sure of that ..

Not being rude here, Just making reading suggestion, As a newbie you should ..

Idoesn't gives u right to be rude.If you don't wish to reply then u should not , period !

karn

Country flag
Sorry its not operational without FOC also , why IAF seeks so under powered , low range aircraft ?
Thrust to weight ratio of the Tejas is higher than the JF 17 and the range is the same . IAF and PAF have different standards .The IAF could have inducted the Tejas 5 years back with the KAveri it would have been equal to the JF 17 then .
FYI the fuel fraction on the Tejas is higher than the Jf 17.
I am not even talking about the tejas 2 this the tejas 1.
Pakistan can keep dreaming of exporting their bird . The 1973 version mig 29 trashes it in every category.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
F 16 , Gripen , Sukhoi 30 , 35 , list goes on , even brazalian tucano is good for its class , cost and purpose and amount/time went into its dev unlike LCA which is dragging since 30_ yrs , don't be blind supporter of these corrupt PSU's , think again a fighter jet with combat radii of 300 km are we dumb ?
To be honest, if you think Tejas has combat radius of only 300 kms then if you are not dumb, then you are very near to be get called as dumb.

Sorry but that is reality.

Zebra

Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

brahmastra11

Your ignorance does not permit you to be rude here.. Here are the members spent hell lot of their precious time to awaken morons..

Stop your ignorance for a while and go through entire thread of respective subject..

Either you block yourself from further trolling over here.. Else moderators will do that favour to you..

Zebra

Country flag
Sorry this is not understandable , even Lockheed dosen't hide specs of its Latest projects , i doubt specs on HAL website are incorrect . I was curious why HAL after 30+ yrs of research has developed a plane with combat radii 300 km speed mach 1.6 ? Hope would get some correct trustworthy info here , but pity only abuses and first post links , really ?
I give you one example, check the engine from these two web sites.

1) This one says Tejas Mk1 will get F404-GE-IN20 engine.
LCA Tejas - Specifications: Powerplant

2) Where as this says Tejas is getting GE 404F2/J-IN20 engine.
LCA

brahmastra11

Guys stop replying him.. Becoz his questions repeating in this thread for millionth time..

Let him go through entire thread if he wish to..

Request moderators to delete all ignorant posts and clean the thread.

mans.randhawa

Guys stop replying him.. Becoz his questions repeating in this thread for millionth time..

Let him go through entire thread if he wish to..

Request moderators to delete all ignorant posts and clean the thread.
Glad idiots like yourself not moderating this forum , idiots who cant even change their spare tyre and think of themselves as aeronautical experts.

Last edited:

anupamsurey

Country flag
common sense is not to talk about things which we dont know...you can ask q's but squandering will lead you no where....
i for one don't comment on technical aspect as i m not an engineer or technician, but i do ask about things which i do not know (and they have been answered by know-well in this forum)..to see and learn is the best thing here

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
An associate of mine who is super-class contractor pays even-more tax. Still is nearly a 'angutha chaap', if that were the criteria, make him the VC of IIT. You too don't seem any different. Also paying tax doesn't guarantee against the origin of one self. One still can be one. Hope you had your DNA tests done.

You neither have knowledge, not the quest for it. We here have lot more to do than waste our time on you. We can handle lack of former by giving heads up, but for one with 'know it all' attitude. Better forum awaits you, this is not he place.
Bhai, there is no point in arguing with this guy. When is the last time you heard an indian count currency in million rupees. Only two South Asian countries count in millions Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Question is which one he belongs to, Even if his IP address is from Pune.

karn

Country flag
WOW diverting a discussion from a fighter plane scam towards education (which i have of much higher class than yours , going by your grammar skills ) and income . Every tax payer even if few hundred rupees has right to question scams in defense research and acquisition which is happening in this country . All i had asked of what use be a jet ,which has lowest range , combat radii and speed in 4+ gen fighter planes, to IAF . Hoped some decent people will answer in proper way , not arrogant bastards who think they are aeronautical genius but in reality cant even replace their SUV/CAR spare tyre
If you wish to discuss fighter planes you can start by responding to my posts.

sgarg

nothing strange in this i have most of my college education in USA so its habitual .
You are saying things which do not make any sense at all. Then you get into needless arguments and fights.

What do you want to discuss? State your case clearly and support your arguments with evidence.

Make a large post, state your arguments in order with evidence (links etc.) for each argument. This will prove your intelligence rather than one liners.

karn

Country flag
so you are only cementing what i had stated earlier , Tejas only has 300 km combat radii compared with F16 550 , gripen 800+ , jf17 800+ , mirage 750 with full payload.

I ant here to troll anyone , was here seeking some information from few polite individual , looks like forum is full of arrogant looser like yourself.
Carrying a 2700 kg load the LCA also has a combat radius of 500Km . It drops to 300 while carrying its full load of 4000Kg .
It is hard to sound reasonable when you lie . You said that the F16 has a combat radius of 550 Km carrying its FULL combat load .
PS : learn to spell loser before calling someone that .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles