ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
By the same time frame, Rafale would have been fully absorbed in the IAF and will be fully manufactured here So the point of indegenisation is really moot. So the capability differance still stands!
SO we will be fully making
all the modules for their ASESA radars,
all elements of Spectra,
Single crystal blades for their M-88 engines,
the multi million dollar meteor and other missiles and weapons ,
all from raw material stage with full TOT, by 2030?
Nope, I mentioned him in the specific posts to see if I am right and if I am to be corrected!
Ask him to confirm the above piece of news.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Thats called being a fan boy:thumb:

How is that for an objective reply
Yes, but LCA can:thumb:
tejas will do its mandated role Himalayan borders in close air support. Who is claiming tejas will fly 3000 Km into tibet with 9 ton weaponloads?
Whats this fetish with Nirbhay/Cruise missles? You cant use cruise missile for a place where even a LGB or a dumb bomb will do. Does the US use tomahawks for all the bombing runs? Seriously? Do you all even hear yourselves?
DO you know which weapon system was used in thousands by US on the first day of the war to take out enemy command centers, radar sites , strtegically important targets 1000s of Km inside Iraq? It was called Tomahawk cruise missile. And we in india are testing our own version called Nirbhay which will have 1000s of Km range and harder to detect.

SO rafale can get through J-20 ,AWACS, S-300, S-400 defences if we 20 billion dollars for just 6 squadrons? Tibet is not Mali, Afganisthan and Libiya with decrepit enemy air force.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
ADA has officially declared that ASR was not met on Mk1.
That was the revised ASR, not the original ASR.

It was NTSE chief Riaz Khokar who said that mk1 in some respects surpasses Mirage-2000 and we should give a bigger order. And Suneet Krishna, award winning test pilot of NTSE who said tejas is equal to upgraded Mirage-2000 .

All fighters in the world have shortfalls in their first phase in a few areas and improved in next tranches. namely Typhoon, gripen NG, rafale(what is f-3), F-35.

Do we know that the J-20 and J-31 that are flying now has finished meeting their ASR. Just look at how fast PLAF will induct them.

PAKFA is flying with a radar and engine different the original one meant for it and is going to be introduced shortly in russian airforce.

TYPHOON flew along with TORNADOs in Libiya ,because of some shortfalls in their ground bombing role that was being improved upon at that time.

Last edited:

Jagdish58

Eg: Govt cancelled BAE light weight M777 Howitzer , now Army is banking on Bharat forge light weight howitzer

And who knows how it will bite us back in the ass . LIke how we had to rely on Israel for Kargil

Navy is not going to fight off two front war with China and PAK anyime soon, atleast not to the extend IA and IAF are going to. Their threat perception needs may be met by LCA alone. That is not the case with IAF and IA. Thats why fan boys should allow people who actually "know" the issue to handle it like defence professionals in IA and IAF

I'm sorry we can post our opinion , unless it does not harm any one in person here in DFI . how people are sure Rafale will whoops Pakis and -----is in two front war???

Is Rafale been tested in combat like Vietnam war ?? all it has done is bombing in Libya , afghanistan etc where adversory has no air power to counter , but IAF still banks on it with huge money

Why not same thing can be applied to the Bharat forge howitzer ???

Indian Navy will be drawn into war any time since they will be patrolling huge Sea ways and get into Skirmish in international waters , where in case of IAF a WAR in two front is more of a Remote possibility other than media making fuss of it every time

p2prada

But if it fails you have to apologise for bullying @p2prada for over two years for you being wrong and him being right and driving him off the forum! Deal?
He has never bullied me, nor do I get bullied by kids. I merely ignore him because he is a pain to deal with, he is not honest enough to be on forums. Kids like him need to learn things by themselves. I actually thought he would mature a bit in two years, but he has not. It's okay, he will eventually learn in another two or three years, they always do.

And I am not leaving because of him or anyone else, I am leaving because of personal commitments. I am working towards my Chinese diploma and need to prepare for HSK exams. I will still be around even if I will be ignoring 99% of the posts and the forum itself. Basically they can post all the BS they want, I just won't be around to correct them, get into debates or answer queries like I do today. I still need a source for defense news, so I will be retaining my membership here, and many of the older members do too. I guess I will end up being like Energon or Satish and a few others, rearing my ugly head once in a while, breathe fire and disappear into the shadows from whence I came.

Maybe, maayyybbbbe, once the forum has objective posters dominating again I will be back. But who knows?

Thanks for supporting me though. But even you don't have to waste your time with the likes of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
DO you know which weapon system was used in thousands by US on the first day of the war to take out enemy command centers, radar sites , strtegically important targets 1000s of Km inside Iraq? It was called Tomahawk cruise missile. And we in india are testing our own version called Nirbhay which will have 1000s of Km range and harder to detect.
This is getting ridiculous! Stop answering the questions I have not even asked. I asked you if the US uses only Tomahawks for strike?:rolleyes:

SO rafale can get through J-20 ,AWACS, S-300, S-400 defences if we 20 billion dollars for just 6 squadrons? Tibet is not Mali, Afganisthan and Libiya with decrepit enemy air force.
It will be able to carry out the strikes deep inside China(if the need be) AFTER the SEAD is done, something which Tejas CAN NEVER DO

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Then who are the people who evaluated 6 different aircrafts and found that Rafale best suits their needs? Key board warriors? They are not professionals? So why is the govt standing with them? Do you mean to say that thousands of officers/bureaucrats have been bribed? Do you even think that is possible?

Ok I dare you! Can you give me a date on which LCA mk.2 prototype and SP will fly? Here is the bet, if it does fly by the date you predict it will, then I will offer complete apology to you and your DRDO/LCA fanboys. But if it fails you have to apologise for bullying @p2prada for over two years for you being wrong and him being right and driving him off the forum! Deal?
ASk the IAf warriers how rafale is going to carry 9 tons for 3000 Kms in Tibet against J-20 , AWACS, S-300, and S-400?

You still think p2p is a genius, Sad days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
This is getting ridiculous! Stop answering the questions I have not even asked. I asked you if the US uses only Tomahawks for strike?:rolleyes:

It will be able to carry out the strikes deep inside China(if the need be) AFTER the SEAD is done, something which Tejas CAN NEVER DO
Who does the SEAD?

If it is some one else then for the cost of one rafale we can buy 4 tejas mk2. Then with the right combo of external fuel loads , buddy refuelling and weapon loads with flight profile tejas mk2 too can reach more than 70 percent of distance rafale can reach .

For the remaining 30 percent we will have Super SUkhois with brahmos and nirbhays,

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
He has never bullied me, nor do I get bullied by kids. I merely ignore him because he is a pain to deal with, he is not honest enough to be on forums. Kids like him need to learn things by themselves. I actually thought he would mature a bit in two years, but he has not. It's okay, he will eventually learn in another two or three years, they always do.

And I am not leaving because of him or anyone else, I am leaving because of personal commitments. I am working towards my Chinese diploma and need to prepare for HSK exams. I will still be around even if I will be ignoring 99% of the posts and the forum itself. Basically they can post all the BS they want, I just won't be around to correct them, get into debates or answer queries like I do today. I still need a source for defense news, so I will be retaining my membership here, and many of the older members do too. I guess I will end up being like Energon or Satish and a few others, rearing my ugly head once in a while, breathe fire and disappear into the shadows from whence I came.

Maybe, maayyybbbbe, once the forum has objective posters dominating again I will be back. But who knows?

Thanks for supporting me though. But even you don't have to waste your time with the likes of him.
HONESTY?

Hi,,,,,,Hi,,,,,,,,,Hi,,,,,,,,,,

SOURCE? Who pays for tejas engines?

ADA or HAL?

I wish you all the very best in all your educational endeavours,

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I'm sorry we can post our opinion , unless it does not harm any one in person here in DFI . how people are sure Rafale will whoops Pakis and -----is in two front war???
No one said you cant!
Is Rafale been tested in combat like Vietnam war ?? all it has done is bombing in Libya , afghanistan etc where adversory has no air power to counter , but IAF still banks on it with huge money
And LCA Mk. 2 is yet to fly. Weak try
Why not same thing can be applied to the Bharat forge howitzer ???
But the real questioning is , why is the army not whining about products like Brahmos, Akash and the other stuff it takes from DRDO Because it actually works. SO why is the defence forces angry with DRDO for Arjun and LCA? Is it probably because they both suck. If there is one govt dept I would trust to function properly- its defence forces. I would not turst the DRDO with the nations defence when Defence forces say so sinc they the ones who are actually gonna do the ----ing fighting while the DRDO turds do nothing more than sit on our tax money
Indian Navy will be drawn into war any time since they will be patrolling huge Sea ways and get into Skirmish in international waters , where in case of IAF a WAR in two front is more of a Remote possibility other than media making fuss of it every time
:facepalm: China is nowhere near the capability to threaten us in the IN anytime soon, PLAF is an entirely different story. However, PLAN is going to be a big adversory in the future and hence the IN is trying to induct N-MRCA in addition to N-AMCA

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
No one said you cant!

But the real questioning is , why is the army not whining about products like Brahmos, Akash and the other stuff it takes from DRDO Because it actually works. SO why is the defence forces angry with DRDO for Arjun and LCA? Is it probably because they both suck. If tey is one govt dept I would trust to function properly- its defence forces. I would not turst the DRDO with the nations defence when Defence forces say so sinc they the ones who are actually gonna do the ----ing fighting while the DRDO turds do nothing more than sit on our tax money

:facepalm: China is nowhere near the capability to threaten us in the IN anytime soon, PLAF is an entirely different story. However, PLAN is going to be a big adversory in the future and hence the IN is trying to induct N-MRCA in addition to N-AMCA
why are the defence forces angry with DRDO for Arjun and tejas? DOnt they know that all the products they buy abroad also will need to mature into service?

Thats why we need to invest 20 plus billion dollars in 5th gen FGFA , AMCA type fighters against PLAF and 300 tejas mk2 for the immediate future with much lower cost and better punch in a defensive himalayan border war,

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
ASk the IAf warriers how rafale is going to carry 9 tons for 3000 Kms in Tibet against J-20 , AWACS, S-300, and S-400?

I know even though you are a fan boy who is still sane enough to not take any bets for LCA mk.2
:lol:

OK, here is another try, I dare you to give me a date on which according to you will be when LCA mk.2 will make its first flight and when it will enter SP

You still think p2p is a genius, Sad days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have learnt the most here from him in this forum. SO yes, I think he is talking the truth specially since what he claims here has the tendency to be proven true months or years later he makes the claim!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Thats why we need to invest 20 plus billion dollars in 5th gen FGFA , AMCA type fighters against PLAF and 300 tejas mk2 for the immediate future with much lower cost and better punch in a defensive himalayan border war,
Yes, lets invest on 300 LCA mk2s for imediate future when it is yet to fly:rolleyes:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Who does the SEAD?

If it is some one else then for the cost of one rafale we can buy 4 tejas mk2. Then with the right combo of external fuel loads , buddy refuelling and weapon loads with flight profile tejas mk2 too can reach more than 70 percent of distance rafale can reach .
And thats just non sense. How can an aircraft with engine thrust and fuel capacity have more range and payload compared to Rafale?

NO matter how much thousands of cycles you buy, you cant use that numbers do what a aeroplane would do. This is what p2p said and you are yet to counter it!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

I know even though you are a fan boy who is still sane enough to not take any bets for LCA mk.2
:lol:

OK, here is another try, I dare you to give me a date on which according to you will be when LCA mk.2 will make its first flight and when it will enter SP

I have learnt the most here from him in this forum. SO yes, I think he is talking the truth specially since what he claims here has the tendency to be proven true months or years later he makes the claim!

When I want to learn about things I know where to look.

I don't question your teacher-student relationship here,

But stop dumping on tejas with nothing worth to cite as source,

And go through PIB release in IOC-2 to know what it is capable of and have some faith in the words of test pilots as well, besides your teacher.

Because you, me and your guru have never touched a fighter in a real life, we can trust some credible sources on these matters rather than the planted news peddling unnamed source quoting dumb journos faking as defence experts.
I am really afarid to take any bets with tejas mk2.

But IAF and NAVY have taken their bets on tejas mk2.

And MOD in its reply to parliament has said that tejas is good enough to replace the 14 obsolete squadrons of IAF filled with older fighters as late as 2013.

Last edited:

Jagdish58

No one said you cant!

But the real questioning is , why is the army not whining about products like Brahmos, Akash and the other stuff it takes from DRDO Because it actually works. SO why is the defence forces angry with DRDO for Arjun and LCA? Is it probably because they both suck. If tey is one govt dept I would trust to function properly- its defence forces. I would not turst the DRDO with the nations defence when Defence forces say so sinc they the ones who are actually gonna do the ----ing fighting while the DRDO turds do nothing more than sit on our tax money

I have never endorsed LCA MK2 in my post or compared it with Rafale , nor justified DRDO & HAL are on top of the project management on the delays of LCA & Arjun even IAF and Army is also the reason for continues changes in specification but India as a nation suffers becuase we are happy to pay kick back to foreign nation than upgradeing domestic indutry

We talk about self reliance , my question is are we going to have that with making rafale under license??? if yes then why not that happened since we are doing with Su-30MKI today still we are crying out on poor after sales support & engine failure with Russia , yes one can argue what is the guarantee LCA will have 100% support

But my only point is today LCA might be a simple fighter as time goes on it can be upgraded to the higher standards & come up in advanced variants eg: F-16 of 1975 in comparizon with F-16 block 60

PLAN is nowhere near IN compability:confused: they have 50 + Submarine we have 14 + , they made first deck landing and take off on there carrier with J-15 before Indian navy did in Vikramaditya with Mig-29 , they have naval base in and around Indian ocean which is part of string of pearl tactic , biggest mistake is underestimating the foe

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
And thats just non sense. How can an aircraft with engine thrust and fuel capacity have more range and payload compared to Rafale?

NO matter how much thousands of cycles you buy, you cant use that numbers do what a aeroplane would do. This is what p2p said and you are yet to counter it!
Then how does rafale which is lighter than F-15 and lower in engine thrust ,

has a higher range and pay load than F-15?
How come this rafale french cycle overtook the huge US aeroplane F-15?
Don't argue like a kid. learn something from sites devoted to aerodynamics rather than trusting lay posters here.Self acquired knowledge will save you from many blushes.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

True dat. They always do, dont they? I mean they always end up learning. I mean, I learnt :lol:

I still remember when that russian defence professional claimed you were more of a Russian fan boy than he himself was two years back, when you were supporting MKI against LCA.

They called you a Russian fan boy when you were supporting MKI and now a Rafale one when supporting Rafale. Some how, the probability that you are just being objective seems to be lost on every one here.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I have never endorsed LCA MK2 in my post or compared it with Rafale , nor justified DRDO & HAL are on top of the project management on the delays of LCA & Arjun even IAF and Army is also the reason for continues changes in specification but India as a nation suffers becuase we are happy to pay kick back to foreign nation than upgradeing domestic indutry
Dude? Seriously? What can the defence forces do if the domestic companies just wont deliver?
We talk about self reliance , my question is are we going to have that with making rafale under license??? if yes then why not that happened since we are doing with Su-30MKI today still we are crying out on poor after sales support & engine failure with Russia , yes one can argue what is the guarantee LCA will have 100% support
But I think P2prada has already answered that with respect to Rafale.

But my only point is today LCA might be a simple fighter as time goes on it can be upgraded to the higher standards & come up in advanced variants eg: F-16 of 1975 in comparizon with F-16 block 60
LCA mk.2 is yet to fly. I still dont think DRDO can be trusted with Indian National security
PLAN is nowhere near IN compability:confused: they have 50 + Submarine we have 14 + , they made first deck landing and take off on there carrier with J-15 before Indian navy did in Vikramaditya with Mig-29 , they have naval base in and around Indian ocean which is part of string of pearl tactic , biggest mistake is underestimating the foe
I said, PLAN is nowhere of a threat to IN, as the PLAAF and PLA is to IAF and IA respectively, right now because we are talking about Indian ocean here. They wont be the a threat for some time now. Thats why IAF and IA are being prioritised over IN now. Also, having hundred ships wont mean jack shit when it cant be used against the foe in question. Right now, PLAN cant sustain a offensive operation in Indian ocean. That is also why they are wanting a string of pearls in the first place, because of their vulnerablity in the Indian ocean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles