ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

p2prada

More flight tests just mean more delays. The full flight envelope should have been tested somewhere in those 1226 flights. It has to be the most tested, non-operational, plane in history.
LCA has reached only 600 hours of flying time. There are over 3000 testing parameters that need to be completed on most of the birds. 1000 hours for IOC and 3000 hours for FOC is required. Looking at that LCA has achieved less than half its objectives. Without this IAF and IN will not induct the bird.

You could say that IAF requirements is one of the most stringent in the world. You can see that with the MRCA deal itself. Hours of flight testing and weapons testing just to choose an aircraft.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
now that's great news kudos to the team

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
It the test trial succeeds then how many flight trials does it need before induction.
when will they induct this awesome bird with IN. :india:
LCA will be doing its test flights even when 5th and 6th gen aircrafts worldwide getting obsolete.then again ADA&HAL will be in dilemma which engine to chose:D:D

after 20 years if drdo cant decide which engine to use then i must say there is something wrong with drdo or they dont ve any brains at all.coz watever they make either fail or never get inducted.and they daily announce new projects.lately the announced UCAV.Hello drdo folks better develop some knife that can be used by services even if armed forces dont buy civilian will.:twizt:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
now that's great news kudos to the team
hello great new is it?r u sure?if i had power i would have closed down drdo long back.world is moving 5th gen fighter and these people cant even develop 3rd gent till now.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
hello great new is it?r u sure?if i had power i would have closed down drdo long back.world is moving 5th gen fighter and these people cant even develop 3rd gent till now.
Stop your condescension right there. We have done this project right from the scratch not by reverse engineering or stealing technology from others. There is no doubt there are fallacies in out system that doesn't make things move faster. Despite all the technology denial regimes and lack of funds in the beginning we have progressed this far to make Tejas which can match J-10 of China which is their latest generation fighter.

If you have used your brain properly you would know that India is also involved in a joint venture in developing 5th generation fighter with Russia - PAKFA/FGFA.

Oh, BTW what would you do after closing DRDO??. Would you open your own organization?? Instead of boasting why don't get educated and join such institutes to develop future programs or join politics and make the system more effective or just shut up. Choice is yours.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
LCA has reached only 600 hours of flying time. There are over 3000 testing parameters that need to be completed on most of the birds. 1000 hours for IOC and 3000 hours for FOC is required. Looking at that LCA has achieved less than half its objectives. Without this IAF and IN will not induct the bird.

You could say that IAF requirements is one of the most stringent in the world. You can see that with the MRCA deal itself. Hours of flight testing and weapons testing just to choose an aircraft.
IAF,IA,IN requirements are only stringent for desi maal. show them anything except made in india their requirements dilutes like in T-90 vs Arjun case.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Stop your condescension right there. We have done this project right from the scratch not by reverse engineering or stealing technology from others. There is no doubt there are fallacies in out system that doesn't make things move faster. Despite all the technology denial regimes and lack of funds in the beginning we have progressed this far to make Tejas which can match J-10 of China which is their latest generation fighter.

If you have used your brain properly you would know that India is also involved in a joint venture in developing 5th generation fighter with Russia - PAKFA/FGFA.

Oh, BTW what would you do after closing DRDO??. Would you open your own organization?? Instead of boasting why don't get educated and join such institutes to develop future programs or join politics and make the system more effective or just shut up. Choice is yours.
And i think u urself dont ve brain when u compare J10 and LCA.J-10 is already operationalized where as Lca is some 6 years to induction.LCAs radar hasnt been integrated yet and after 20 years drdo still not able to make up its mind on suitable engine.Last report 2 days back was on F-404,F141 and EJ.Even PV 5 which made its 1st flight today is 6th month behind schedule.

I think atleast u can make difference between an inducted plane vs one which still waiting for its suitable engine.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
And i think u urself dont ve brain when u compare J10 and LCA.J-10 is already operationalized where as Lca is some 6 years to induction.LCAs radar hasnt been integrated yet and after 20 years drdo still not able to make up its mind on suitable engine.Last report 2 days back was on F-404,F141 and EJ.Even PV 5 which made its 1st flight today is 6th month behind schedule.

I think atleast u can make difference between an inducted plane vs one which still waiting for its suitable engine.
If I didn't have brain I wouldn't make blanket statements like you against Tejas without knowing what went into making this fighter and how much Indian scientists had to go through for the payment that they get in peanuts compared to their peers in other countries. Give credit where it is due instead of unwanted criticism.

LCA will get its IOC in 2010 and so we are close to induction. Choosing an engine is not child's play. one needs to take into account of the extent of modifications that one needs to do fit in the engine, the price, the engine thrust, reliability of resupplies in face of sanctions etc. They are using tax-payers money so they have to spend them wisely and so it takes sometime to decide on the correct engine.

FYI, J-10 doesn't use Chinese made engines, they also use Russian made engines. If they were not for russian engines, they might not have been operationalized at all.

As I said before, we are new to making fighter aircrafts and so there will be unexpected delays. But you really don't know why there were delays. Without knowing the reason shooting-off mouths is characteristic of typical internet fanboy and arm-chair analyst. Get real and read more before you criticize.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Please let us know how many fifth gen fighters are operationnal and in which countries and let us know what are the parameters of a 3rd generation fighters and whether Tejas fall in that category as per the parameters. Very seriously.Else your post will be reported against as BAKWASH.

BTW USA, Rusia or France do not take 20 years to make a fighter because they have 50-60 years uninteruptted experience behind whatever little time they take to induct a new plane. When Tejas was thought of F-16 was already in sky.Please tell us in these 20 years how many extra legs F-16 has got. When you want to achieve something be realistic. Nobody can produce a modern aircraft from thin air.

before taking head of DRDO just answer one question what would have your condition if you were directly admitted in 10th standerd without going through class I to IX....DRDO is doing the same impossible task. Yes, it is staying three years in the same class. Naturally.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
1 wont take 20 yrs to pass class X to reach X1:tongue0020:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
If I didn't have brain I wouldn't make blanket statements like you against Tejas without knowing what went into making this fighter and how much Indian scientists had to go through for the payment that they get in peanuts compared to their peers in other countries. Give credit where it is due instead of unwanted criticism.

LCA will get its IOC in 2010 and so we are close to induction. Choosing an engine is not child's play. one needs to take into account of the extent of modifications that one needs to do fit in the engine, the price, the engine thrust, reliability of resupplies in face of sanctions etc. They are using tax-payers money so they have to spend them wisely and so it takes sometime to decide on the correct engine.

FYI, J-10 doesn't use Chinese made engines, they also use Russian made engines. If they were not for russian engines, they might not have been operationalized at all.

As I said before, we are new to making fighter aircrafts and so there will be unexpected delays. But you really don't know why there were delays. Without knowing the reason shooting-off mouths is characteristic of typical internet fanboy and arm-chair analyst. Get real and read more before you criticize.
for that u don't need 20 yrs to evaluate an engine which is heart of any plane..really PSU's r most pampered organisations in india with less accountability.even its radar is not integrated.And credit is given only for successful projects not the failed project with time and money overruns.and scale of success for any plane is induction.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
1 wont take 20 yrs to pass class X to reach X1:tongue0020:
Seems you have not passed in normal way either. So I am making it easy for you. The developped countries took 60 years to reach a stage even to think of a 5th gen plane. We took 20 years (and one year short as of now) to get IOC for a 4.5th gen Plane.

There were other questions too............

venkat

for that u don't need 20 yrs to evaluate an engine which is heart of any plane..really PSU's r most pampered organisations in india with less accountability.even its radar is not integrated.And credit is given only for successful projects not the failed project with time and money overruns.and scale of success for any plane is induction.
Radar is not something which will be kept open for public display at india gate! why should HAL/ADA try to prove to ppl about integration and installation through free press? Can you show some links which shows that the radar is not integrated! can you please tell me what sort of radar is present on J-10, with photos and link,apart from speculations?

NiketRC

Yes it is a fact that LCA is delayed by a decade , but it doesn't mean that we should drop this project ,it is our first attempt to build 4.5 gen aircraft , even partial success will be enough to build its successors

marcos98

Air Marshall Tyagi (centre) with Dr D Banerjee (DRDO, CC Aerospace). Rohit Verma is next to Tyagi, while Gp Capt Tyagi flanks Banerjee.

PV-5 takes off from the HAL airfield in Bangalore. The twin-seater has not yet been painted... the yellow is the colour of the composites from which most of the skin is made

NEWS FLASH... PV-5 Tejas twin-seater makes a successful 30 minute flight!!

TEJAS TRAINER MAKES SUCCESSFUL MAIDEN FLIGHT

Two seater (Trainer) version of Tejas (PV-5) made its maiden flight on 26 Nov 09. The flight took off from HAL,Airport at 1300 hrs. The successful maiden flight covered an altitude of 9km and Mach number 0.85. The prototype was flown by Gp Capt Ritu Raj Tyagi of the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC). Air Cmde Rohit Varma, Project Director (Flight Test) flew in the rear cockpit. Wg Cdr (Retd) PK Raveendran, Group Director (Flight Test) was the Test Director. Extensive preparatory work that has gone in resulted in the first flight profile being executed with clock work precision. All the objectives set out for the flight were achieved and all the systems on board the new prototype performed well through out the sortie.

Successful flight of Tejas trainer is a major milestone for Tejas programme and a significant achievement for all the stake holders in the programme, which include ADA, HAL, NAL, ADE, CEMILAC, DGAQA, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. With the Tejas scheduled to be cleared for Initial Operations with the Indian Air Force by end 2010, successful maiden flight of Tejas trainer has given a fillip to the programme. The trainer when fully developed will have the full operational capability from the rear cockpit as well. As Tejas Trainer has a lot of commonality with Tejas Naval version, even Tejas Navy programme would see accelerated progress as a result of the successful first flight.

As the first flight coincided with the programme review by the Air Force, the historic event was witnessed by Air Mshl NV Tyagi, AVSM, VM, VSM, who was the Chairman of the Review Committee along with Mr Ashok Nayak, Chairman, HAL, Chief Controller, DRDO Dr D Banerjee and Mr PS Subramanyam, Programme Director (Combat Aircraft) & Director, ADA.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Radar is not something which will be kept open for public display at india gate! why should HAL/ADA try to prove to ppl about integration and installation through free press? Can you show some links which shows that the radar is not integrated! can you please tell me what sort of radar is present on J-10, with photos and link,apart from speculations?
HAl/ADA has to tell ppl about all progresses made on LCA.coz its the ppl who r paying HAL/ADA hence they r totally accountable to public otherwise it will be like indian nuke tests fiasco.HAL were still developing MMR as late as aero india 2009.
MMR has to be integrated/tested with LSP-3 which till now didnt fly.Ajai shukla himself says this.

The new systems which the LSP-3 will incorporate (i.e. which have not yet been tried out in earlier Tejas aircraft) are:

Multi-mode radar by ELTA
VOR/ILS (by HAL Hyderabad)
TACAN (by HAL, Hyderabad)
Air Data Computer (by ADE)
Beta vane (by BAE Systems)
Nose wheel free castor (by Elechronica Aster)
IFF (by HAL, Hyderabad)
The Air Data Computer, built by ADE, is the critical new component in LSP-3. Also note the photo of the dummy R-73 missile. That's standard fitment in all versions of the Tejas.

The LSP-3 engine has been fitted... the wiring is being done presently.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2008/07/latest-on-lsp-3-from-my-visit-to-hal.html
The Hindu : National : LCA to be fitted with Israeli multi-mode radar
BTW J10 is already flying since 2003 in PLAAF.

Ps: Do some googling instead of being spoon fed everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles